Default Countdown is ON!! Any tips?

Our countdown is officially on! 29 days until the wedding and 31 until we get to Swept Away! We will be arriving at Swept Away October 5 (anyone else going that week?)

I am so excited to spend a week at this resort! This will be our first trip ever outside of Canada and Mike's first time on a plane! Neither of us have ever been to an all inclusive and we were hoping to get some tips on what to bring - I understand that the staff can't accept tips, but can you leave them little gifts? I have heard of people bringing hair products, shoes and those types of things to leave for them. Can we do this here?

Any help would be appreciated as we have never been to an all inclusive before

CAN'T wait to start our life together at this beautiful plaCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the beach... Facing the ocean turn left. Check in with the guards then go and enjoy. Negril is far different than anything we normally get to know and it is really awesome ... but only IF you are willing to find it and see it! For pictures of our first walk all the way to the traffic circle email me at mandolin dot jeff at gmail.

I cannot emphasize how cool a part of CSA this for me and my wife!

Bring pens to fill out the customs/immigration forms at Montego Bay. Take some American dollars in small denominations. (1 and 5 dollar bills) Tip the baggage handlers who take your bags to the shuttle a couple of bucks per bag. Tip your shuttle driver, too. Then save the rest of your petty cash for souvenir shopping. There's no tipping on the resort, except for spa services.

The staff can accept small gifts like those you suggested if you also supply a note stating that it's a gift. School supplies for children are especially welcome. M&M's are good gifts because they dont melt.

Be careful of the strong Jamaican sun, don't forget to use and constantly re- apply a good high SPF sunblock and use some bug spray for walking the beach after dark.

CSA is wonderful, be sure to have the banana stuffed french toast at breakfast. Spend some time with Ultimate Chocolate in the Aura Lounge, and definitely go see my good friend Elvis down on the beach for all of your jet ski and parasailing needs.

Enjoy your honeymoon in paradise, and be sure to come back here and write all about your great experiences at CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

You can bring little gifts such as you mentioned if you wish, but it is not required or expected. At the end of your stay they give you a survey. Keep track of the names of your favorite employees and mention them on the survey.

If you are interested in bringing gifts, you can also bring things for the school children. School supplies are expensive there. There are a few other threads with suggestions on what to bring somewhere on the board. Just keep checking.
    Linda

I think school supplies are in the most need. The staff get lots of the other items.

You need to tip the bus drivers and the spa staff.
    Irie Mon

Iam sure they will appreciate anything you take , we took some childrens gifts, crayons, markers colouring books, pencils, pens, solar calculator. I searched out a housekeeper with children and left her a note asking her to accept them. You do have to leave a little note with any gifts so management does not give the worker any trouble.

other tips, pack lite, go to Oteheite, your husband will need dress pants and shoes, (I took dockers and deck shoes.

pack a big smile you will love it..

congrats on the wedding all the best

PV

Your post brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful!!! Couples is just the place to start your wonderful life together. They will treat you better than you can imagine!! I am so excited for you both.
    Kristen

Wearing down the carpet until take off time usualy occurs.

Attachment 1654

The staff would appreciate any gifts you bring. Magazines, colognes, body lotions, hats. Anything you bring as a gift will be appreciated.
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; September 24th, 2009 at 12:16 PM.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You have made a great choice in CSA.

We were glad we brought neoprene cozies to keep the drinks cold. The beer sized ones fit perfectly on the glasses they serve drinks in on the beach and at the pool. Drinks warm up quickly in the Jamaican sun.

congrats! my wife and i will be there october 9th celebrating third anniversary. my advice, enjoy and have fun, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    Bring pens to fill out the customs/immigration forms at Montego Bay. Take some American dollars in small denominations. (1 and 5 dollar bills) Tip the baggage handlers who take your bags to the shuttle a couple of bucks per bag. Tip your shuttle driver, too. Then save the rest of your petty cash for souvenir shopping. There's no tipping on the resort, except for spa services.

The staff can accept small gifts like those you suggested if you also supply a note stating that it's a gift. School supplies for children are especially welcome. M&M's are good gifts because they dont melt.

Be careful of the strong Jamaican sun, don't forget to use and constantly re- apply a good high SPF sunblock and use some bug spray for walking the beach after dark.

CSA is wonderful, be sure to have the banana stuffed french toast at breakfast. Spend some time with Ultimate Chocolate in the Aura Lounge, and definitely go see my good friend Elvis down on the beach for all of your jet ski and parasailing needs.

Enjoy your honeymoon in paradise, and be sure to come back here and write all about your great experiences at CSA.
    That is a top quality reply, agree with it all

You will love CSA. Make sure to check out the Martini Bar that is above the Palms Restaurant. Also, try the snorkeling....it is very easy, relaxing and romantic. Make sure to take a stroll at night because the resort is so beautifully lit at night. We wish we were going, but we have to wait until next year. Have a great time. I know you will. CSA ROCKS!!!!

Thank you all so much for your tips!!! Can't wait for our wedding & CSA