Hybrid View

Default Wedding Bliss 04/25/2012 CN

Our wedding at Couples Negril was amazing!! I absolutley suggest this place to future brides!! The grounds are just beautiful!! Couples Negril knows what they are doing when it comes to weddings!!
    And of course I have to give a shout out to Kenisha Dell for making our wedding day run extremely smoothly!! Thank you over and over again!!

We stayed for 8 nights and just went with the complimentary package! The only thing that I paid extra for was flowers and my dress steaming. You don't have to upgrade the flowers if you don't want to, but I think I paid around a $100.00 and I was able to upgrade my bouquet, my maid of honors bouquet and my husand and his best man's boutonnieres. They were able to spray paint my flowers the color of blue that I had as a wedding color. They were just white flowers and the tips were spray painted blue!! I thought that was very thoughtful of the resort to do that for me. They could of very easily just gave me the white flowers, but they are full of ideas and they want you to have a perfect wedding day!! The dress steaming is $75. But, for planning a wedding so far away, I was for sure there would be hidden costs, but there wasn't any! Those were the only two things that I paif for!!

We were married at 11 AM and I am so glad I choose the timeframe!! I initially had a 4PM wedding time, but I had read so many reviews that said that they didn't like that timeframe and that it rains in the afternoon more often! The sun is more vibrant and the water is such a gorgeous shade of blue at 11. For my wedding day, of course I wanted sunny skies and tourquise blue water and luckily I switched my timeframe and I was lucky enough to have just that!!

My advice is to not sweat the small stuff and just enjoy your entire time on both our wedding day and your vacation!! This resort is amazing and they will do anything to make sure your trip and special day are everything you hoped it would be! All you really have to do is show up!! You don't have to worry about decorations or planning everything down to the verY minute! Just have your wedding party ready to go 15 mins before the ceremony and Kenisha will take great care of you!! Just enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it!!

The resort photographers were great, but having wonderful wedding photos was like number one on my list, so I decided to get an outside photographer to take my pictures! I went with Marcia Roberts!! ABSOLUTLEY loved her and her partner!!! They did such an amazing job with my photo's!! Marcia was very easy to work with. I had e-mailed a couple of different photographers all at once and Marcia responded right away!! Since she responded so quickly to me and because her photo's on her website were so good, I just knew I wanted to work with her right away! Both her and Chris were there on time to start taking photo's and they were so fun to work with!! Always cracking jokes and making us feel comfortable!! Marcia put together a photo montage of our wedding day together in time for my reception back home and I thank her so much for that!! My family and friends were able to get glimpse of how prefect our day really was all in thanks to her!! My reception was only two weeks after my wedding day, so she worked really had to make sure it was done it time!! I would recommend Marcia Roberts Photography to anyone!! Very professional and it is easy to tell that she loves her job and she loved making memories for your special day!!

Here is the link to our wedding photo's!!

http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/h...arentID=800052

Go to jamaicanphotography.com and click on Destination Weddings and then clink on Jenna and Bowie if the link doesn't work!!

WoW!! Your pics are amazing gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!! It looks like you have the same color blue as I do! I emailed my Mrs. Sharon (the stateside wedding planner for JA) and she informed me about the spray paint for the flowers...didnt know how it would look but very pleased with the look of your painted flowers! : )

We have a 4pm wedding slot for Oct & I've heard that it's more prone to rain in the evening than the first part of the day...did it rain any around 4pm when you guys were there? I may just change our time slot...the last thing I want is a rainy wedding in a beautiful place like that. One reason I wanted a later time was because i wanted some sunset pictures of us walking along the beach in the sunset...I don't know, if it rains we won't be walking anywhere off in the sunset. : (

I'm going with a different photographer, not a resort one either...Misha Earle is doing our photos, I've heard nothing but great things about her!

Is there any advice you would give us future brides? Anything you wish you would have packed more of or anything we should try out while we're there?

Quote Originally Posted by CN carl'swifey View Post
    WoW!! Your pics are amazing gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!! It looks like you have the same color blue as I do! I emailed my Mrs. Sharon (the stateside wedding planner for JA) and she informed me about the spray paint for the flowers...didnt know how it would look but very pleased with the look of your painted flowers! : )

We have a 4pm wedding slot for Oct & I've heard that it's more prone to rain in the evening than the first part of the day...did it rain any around 4pm when you guys were there? I may just change our time slot...the last thing I want is a rainy wedding in a beautiful place like that. One reason I wanted a later time was because i wanted some sunset pictures of us walking along the beach in the sunset...I don't know, if it rains we won't be walking anywhere off in the sunset. : (

I'm going with a different photographer, not a resort one either...Misha Earle is doing our photos, I've heard nothing but great things about her!

Is there any advice you would give us future brides? Anything you wish you would have packed more of or anything we should try out while we're there?

The week I was there, it only rained 2 out of the 8 days and it rained the whole day, not just at 4. So, I believe that if you are looking forward to a 4 o'clock wedding than you should be fine!! Rain is so hard to predict!! I loved my 11am timeframe, but on the day I was married, it still would have been pretty at 4pm!! I totally understand that you want sunset photos'!! I wish we were able to get some sunset photos' in my wedding dress, but I just didnt want to be in my dress that long!! To Hott!!! I'm not sure when the sun sets in October down there in Jamaica, but in April when I went it didn't set
    until around 7....I'm not sure how long you have your photographer for, but even if she won't be with you until the sun sets then just have the resort photographers take some for you!! They do a great job!! Misha is such a great photograher!! I tried to get her, but she was already booked!! Obviously it worked out, because I loved Marcia and I loved my photos, but Misha will do a great job!! As far as any other advice, just try to not get burnt!!! I was at the resort for 5 days before we were married and I'm the kind of girl that can just lay out in the sun all day, but I couldnt because I didn't want to be burnt in my wedding day! So, just be carefull with the amount of sun you get!! That jamaica sun is awesome, but it is hott!!!!

Beautiful pictures. I also had Marcia Roberts as my photographer last year! She always does an amazing job and catches many memorable moments