Things I wish I had left home! And things I was glad I took!
We just returned from our first Couples vacation to the Negril Resort! Had a fabulous, relaxing and rejuvenating time! Two months before we left I poured over this message board (like all the newbies) for ideas and suggestions. I started making a list from the "things I wish I had taken" thread and started looking for ROOM in my suitcase to get it all down there. Here is my list of things I took (at the suggestion of repeaters) and WISH I had left home~
1. Damp Rid for the room--there is so much humidity in May it would take a truckload to take care of the humidity in the room.
2. Towel clips for the beach--blowing towels were not an issue, even on windy days because the towels wrapped around the top of the raft/cushions when it was windy.
3. Nightlight for bathroom~there is one connected with the hairdryer..never used ours.
4. Hangers~there were plenty in the closet!
5. CLOTHES! We were there for 6 days and I took 3 pair of shorts....never wore any until the trip home (we didn't leave the resort). Swim suits for day (when not on AN Beach) and sundresses for evening. Obviously, my husband needed a few more for evening but not much. We will truly take ONE suitcase next time.
6. Sunscreen less than SPF 30.
Under the SO GLAD I PACKED IT category~
1. Insulated mugs for the beach. Perfect for keeping ice water longer and dumping rum daquaris in on very hot days!
2. Ziplock bags for damp clothes for the return home.
3. SPF 50 sunscreen~ I use no more than SPF 15 here at home (Indiana), but used the 50 for the first 3 days and was glad I had it. Used nearly a whole bottle.
4. "Wine Diapers" to carry my rum home in the suitcase....didn't have to worry it would break!
Hope this helps others in packing a little lighter! Can't wait for our next trip!!!
I took a renuzit air freshner and it worked great to rid the room of the mild damp smell..the housekeeper asked me what the smell was because she liked it..It was a hawaiian scent and it cleared the air for the entire 5 days..
I also took some disposable clorox wipes to down the patio chair cushions and patio table...We got 2 days of rain (not the entire day) but enought to bring out a family of ants, so the wipes definitely keep them at bay..