Default Safety of personal items left by chairs/lounges while you are in the water/walking...

Hi! Some of you mention taking beach bags with cameras, kindles, iPod/iPads, etc. Has anyone heard of any items 'disapearing' while not being attended by one person in the couple/group by the items? I want to be trusting, but I don't know if I'd leave anything like that unattended wherever I was! Just wanting your ideas, opinions, thanks! I know everyone says use common sense, so....

I leave a full camera bag, expensive headphones, phone, etc on the chair while we swim. :shrug:

We always sit close to the security guard shack at CSA. Never had a problem leaving anything. We give the guards chocolate. We do take our things to the room if we are going to be gone for a while.

Life is good

We leave camera and some cash in our bag by our chairs. I wouldn't leave anything in plan sight but in your beach bag tucked under a chair your stuff should be fine. How ever we don't leave anything we cant afford to lose. On a side note put electronics in a plastic bag in case of rain, husband had to make a mad dash back to our chair one year to save camera, lol

I can honestly say the staff there will not touch a thing so no worries there - there were numerous times that we left our safe open (accidently) or just left things out on the dresser (cash, jewelry, etc) and were gone for majority of the day (6+ hours) and nothing was ever touched

I can't speak for the guests of the resort but I would highly doubt that anyone would take anything from anyone - we're all there for the same reason - to relax and enjoy paradise... however if you're still uncomfortable just ask someone close by who is not with your party to keep an eye on your stuff!

If you venture out of the resort I would definately be careful about your valuables though...

common sense!!! don't do anything you wouldn't do at home.

I've left my Nook, camera, IPhone, and haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    I leave a full camera bag, expensive headphones, phone, etc on the chair while we swim. :shrug:
    I leave my kindle and camera in my beach bag and I felt very safe about it. But I am just in the water. Be smart, but the staff is trustworthy the only other ppl would be the guests and they are in the same position. You should be fine, never heard of this being a problem.

Same here. Beach bag with camera, phone, books, etc. and nothing taken.

You might like to think that everyone there is like friends and family, but it really isn't prudent to trust strangers. With so many people mulling around, there is certainly a good chance that there are some bad apples in the bunch. Just because you haven't had something stolen doesn't mean it is completely safe. It just means that you have survived the odds thus far. I've had my camera stolen from CTI once. Luckily, travel insurance covered the loss of the camera, but unfortunately the pictures on it were lost forever.

Thanks to all for the helpful, been, done that answers...just what I was looking for...I hope I can keep my Common Sense while I'm there! Thanks to most ! Happy travels...

QUOTE=cdjbook;180391]Hi! Some of you mention taking beach bags with cameras, kindles, iPod/iPads, etc. Has anyone heard of any items 'disapearing' while not being attended by one person in the couple/group by the items? I want to be trusting, but I don't know if I'd leave anything like that unattended wherever I was! Just wanting your ideas, opinions, thanks! I know everyone says use common sense, so....[/QUOTE]

Here's what we use on every beach we go to.....it's great and gives us peace of mind

http://pacsafe.com/travelsafe-100-portable-safe
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We've gone to Couples twice now. Since there are guards and plenty of other guests nearby most of the time, I've felt comfortable leaving my cell phone, camera, and Kindle at the chair while we're in the water. I've also left my bag poolside near the dive hut while out diving for a few hours. Obviously, I don't just leave the valuables laying in the open and put them away in my beach bag. Once we leave the area, I do usually take my bag with me.

I don't know about anybody esle, but I always have a problem with certain things disapearing from Swept Away while I'm on the beach. I can't count the number of times I'll go and get a Red Stripe light, and I'll be sitting right there, and the next thing I know, it's gone. What? What kinda place is this? Other than that, the place is safer than my home!!!!!

I know this is an older post, but is all this still true? My kindle is ok in my beach bag?

Quote Originally Posted by CareAway View Post
    I know this is an older post, but is all this still true? My kindle is ok in my beach bag?
    Always has been for us, and I'm the most non-trusting person on the planet. However, having said that, if your Kindle or other items were to get stolen from your beach bag, I'd blame myself, not the staff.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I'd leave my Kindle in a beach bag, but camera, fancy watch, big $$....That would be a "no." Just because we're at adult Disney doesn't mean that there aren't people who would succumb to temptation. The security team can't be everywhere, and it would be very easy in some cases to just walk by a beach bag and scoop it up with no one being the wiser. I'm not a paranoid person, but just because I'M honest doesn't mean that everyone else is.

We leave electronics and such at our chairs in a beach bag while we are in the pool or in the bay, but we are generally in sight of our things. If we are going away for a while we take our stuff with us ... and wish everyone else would too since it's rude to take up chairs you're not using anyway.

thanks looks great

I have a very cheap watch, my old first generation Kindle, a $40 Jamaican cell phone, and an inexpensive camera I use just for vacations. None of these things would concern me much if they were stolen. I don't think my stuff is any safer or less safe than when I leave them laying around in the states.

S/F
    Scott and June