Default Casual during the day...

Is it appropriate to dress casual during the day? As in shorts and a tank top? I have some sundresses to wear to the restaurants at night but wasn't sure if I am expected to look "resort chic" 24/7.

No matter what your wear, you will be resort chic! honestly shorts and shirts are good. I thought everybody looked great in in their cover-ups! I usually wore shorts and a halter top during the day and wore dresses at night.

GO! have fun and I know you will look fabulous!!

Absolutely I lived in my bathing suit and coverup during the day at CN.

Quote Originally Posted by ella86 View Post
    Is it appropriate to dress casual during the day? As in shorts and a tank top? I have some sundresses to wear to the restaurants at night but wasn't sure if I am expected to look "resort chic" 24/7.
    Hi Ella!
    No, you are not required to dress "resort chick" during the day! You can expect to live in your swimsuit and cover-up (when needed) for the majority of the time at the resort.
    The only time I put on a pair of shorts and a shirt during the day is to go on an excursion off the resort property.
    So, be sure to bring a few swimsuits with you! Have a GREAT vacation!

Lori

Gentlemen must wear tuxedo's and ladies must wear full length ball gowns durning the day....LOL KIDDING!! Casual as you like, heck if AN is your this is VERY casual to say the least

When we get up in the morning, we put on our swimsuits. My hubby adds a shirt, I throw on some sort of cover up and head down to breakfast. Unless you go off resort shopping or on an excursion that is all you need on the resort during the day. When we head to the grill for lunch, the shirt and cover up go back on.
    Vicky

Casual??? For sure... you can even go nekked!!!! ( as long as you're at the AN area).

That's fine .

Most people wear swimsuits all day. You donít even need a cover up if you eat lunch at the beach grill.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Shorts and a tank top are perfect. I found that I was in a bathing suit most of the entire day with a cover up when I went to eat lunch. The day is very laid back.

Absolutely. I wear a bathing suit all day. I took 3 pairs of shorts and never wore any. I did have my skirts and capris for dinner and a nice outfit for the one fancy restaurant at CN. I love how casual it is. The "S" resort made me pack a whole other suitcase full of "resort chic" outfits.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

OMG... I think the only things I wore at ANY of the resorts were either my workout clothes (running shorts/sports bra/t-shirt for breakfast) and my bathing suit and a sarong. That's it. I wouldn't even have bothered with shorts/tank top during the day!
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

from the time you get up until the time you go to dinner you will live in your swimsuit. i took shorts with me, but never put them on until we were leaving to go home.

I would say if you were in shorts and tank top at the resort during the day, you'd be over dressed. Bathing suit with cover up at meal time is the typical dress from breakfast to time for dinner.

Sunset Beach is as casual as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope...lol
    I'm usually in tees and shorts

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ella86 View Post
    Yes very casual...as in bathing suits most of the day with cover ups. Shorts and tank tops will be fine too, but during the day, breakfast and lunch are very casual.

Casual dress is more than fine during the day - some only have their swim suits and cover ups on all day but we opt for dressing for breakfast then change into our swim suits later in the morning.

Heck, the only people I saw "dressed up" during the day were folks who just arrived (usually women -- why some folks insist on travelling all day in high heels is beyond me!) and who didn't have their room available, and didn't think to bring a change of clothes!