Hybrid View

Default Black Shoes for Employee

I know alot of us bring prizes and gifts for our favorite employees. I would like to bring something that they really need. I have heard that they have a problem getting good shoes to work in on the island. I want to get some but was wanting advice on what kind. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Most can't afford good shoes is the problem. Making only 5 to 10 dollors a day it's hard to save. Most have to take taxies to work. Food, power, water ect that pretty much takes up the rest. With worker making so little you would think things are cheapier....Well they are not. I have met a few people in Jamaica and will stay with them from time to time. It's not uncommon to have no power or water because they can't afford it.

oh i would LOVE to know this too! Randy can you advise us on this.

Really, I wouldnt mind bringing some shoes for them if someone could post sizes needed, I definitely would recommend the slip resistant ones. I work in a kitchen and a decent pair would cost around 35.00 at a uniform shop, even the slip resistant crocs with backs are about 30. I think this is a great idea!

I just asked an employee and she said she would LOVE a pair of black shoes! If you don't have a special worker maybe a size 8, 9 or 10 since that is so common?