View Poll Results: How did you book your Couples Resorts Vacation?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travel Agent

81 52.60%
  • Tour Operator

2 1.30%
  • Couples Direct

69 44.81%
  • Hotel only

44 28.57%
  • Hotel/Air together

19 12.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What does the Couples Resorts' Brand mean to you?

As the head of sales and marketing, I have always tried to envision what you all feel about our brand. Accordingly, and within reason, decisions are made on rates, promotions, inclusions, value added offers, etc.

That said, I don't believe I have ever ask you directly. In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand. What does it mean to you? How would you like to see it evolve?
    What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again.

When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them?

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?

Finally - how did you book? Fill out the poll. Multiple answers allowed.

Thank you for your contribution to our continued successes.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 11th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.

Couples Resorts

For us, the Couples brand means "NO WORRIES, NO PROBLEM" mon! We know our vacation will be exactly what WE want it to be, because Couples takes care of everything. Once we choose our room category, everything just falls into place. Fabulous food, plentiful drink, surrounded by smiling, helpful employees, with NO TIPPING. What more can we possibly want? The fact that it is COUPLES ONLY is the number one reason we chose it on our first trip. The 6 subsequent trips underscored that we chose the Couples Resorts experience over any other option. However, now you have priced yourselves out of our budget. We will always cherish the time spent there with the new friends made that have become old friends, employees, included!

The facts show that there are less inclusions than ever, yet prices keep increasing. Times are hard for everyone, and our dollar is not being used in a valued-added way. At CTI, no Catamaran, no horseback riding, no T-shirts for repeaters (they were "out" in December, took our address, never received), some premium alcohol brands not available... these disappointments made us question our decision. Sorry. Loved it while it lasted!

We always booked directly with the Couples website, then got our own airfare later.

Single most special ingredient is that it is couples only. Second would be all inclusive at a very good value.

As a newbie in 2005 the inclusions for the price was what sold us on CTI. Also, the option of AN was a sellling point without the baggage other AN places have.

This is how I feel about couples "A very romantic place for adult couples to enjoy a break from every day life by being spoiled with food, drink, beautiful places, great entertainment and a great staff."

I really hope you don't evolve much more except to keep offering great service for a reasonable price. I hope you don't grow the size of the resorts. If you want to add more resorts in Jamaica or other islands, fine, but don't make the ones you have bigger. The size is one thing that makes them very, very speical. The other thing that I really like about Couples is that a couple can be who they want to be. They don't feel pressured to participate in any thing. I like that you don't have theme nights and constant things going on, but you do offer enough stuff that if someone wants to do those kind of things they can.

Keep up the good work and "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Since we have been a few times and it is the only place we vacation at, the Couples Brand means many things. It is difficult to pin point it to a single ingredient.

For us, for an all-inclusive, the pricing is a deal compared to what you receive. A small property where you don't have to walk a long ways to get anywhere, provides excellent food and drink choices, a great place to reconnect with your significant other and make new friends and reconnect with those you met before.

What you get is awesome - and there are so many things that you can't put a price on (you truly come home to your second family, the staff and management is awesome, the food and ambiance is great!). Couples means that we know we can relax (with no children around), have a great time - whether it is doing nothing but relaxing or choosing activities on or off the resort. Couples Brand means that we have no worries, we are truly home. There are no worries from the time you step off the plane until you have to the time you have to step on the 'good-bye' bus back to the airport when you have to go back to reality.

How we describe Couples to friends and family. Our house is an advertisement for Couples - we have many pictures of Couples displayed on our Apple TV playing on our TV along with a digital photo frame with Couples pictures. Many people can't believe we continue to go to the same resort every year for the years we have been going. We tell them that we truly 'come home' every year and for the price, the resort and most importantly the staff - you just can beat it. A place you can relax without kids, small enough resort that you don't have to walk a long distance to get anywhere on the resort and there are 5 restaurants to choose from and the menu changes every week. You never go hungry and there is always something to drink.

Thanks to Couples Management, we have Couples booklets to hand out to friends and new friends to show them how wonderful Couples is - it doesn't matter which property you go to. We just had a neighborhood block party this past weekend and we had a few people come up to us ask about our yearly trip to Jamaica and we can't talk highly enough about Couples. We also let them know that we love Couples so much that we are booked for 2013 and that if they are interested in booking, to keep an eye out for specials, especially on Wednesdays!!

Want to be treated like family and be truly welcomed home, Couples Resort is your place to be.

As for evolving - if it means expanding, that is great as long as you don't lose what Couples Resorts means to so many of its repeaters. As for building on its current properties, would like to see more excursions to offsite areas - we look a trip to Kingston for the day and loved it, plan on going back to Kingston again this year for the day. We like to see and experience the 'local' areas around the island. We know that Couples has the Issa Foundation, but what about doing a weekly 'day out' where maybe 'guests' can do volunteer work for a couple of hours or half a day to help out the locals in some way. Maybe help stock shelves, painting, etc. I know we are not the only volunteers out there who would like to help those who need it. I think there is a misconception about locals and that visitors are intimidated by them - we walk freely about town without feeling threatened - you can trust everyone, just like the US, but if you treat people with respect, it goes a long ways. With helping locals, I think it would create a bond with the resorts, guests and locals. Just a thought.

Here's to Couples - we are coming home soon (never soon enough).

M&J

Before our first trip to CSS (we leave this Friday for our third and have already booked a fourth) we first decided to select a resort in the Carribean. We looked at the possible destinations and Jamaica seemed to have a spirit about it that resonated with others who had been there.

Once we settled on Jamaica we started looking into all of the resort options. We wanted adults only and all-inclusive. We wanted resorts on the smaller side as far as total rooms. We wanted as much privacy as possible...wanting to feel a million miles from everywhere. We narrowed it down to CTI, CSS and the S resort brand. So we went to Trip Advisor and the message boards to see what folks were saying about all of them, good and bad. We were immediately convinced that CSS was the PERFECT resort for us because is it had everything on our personal checklist.

Even though we have only been to CSS, it is so cool to read about the other properties and know that Couples offers amazing options that call to different people's personalities. We could not be happier with CSS and cannot wait to return. At least three other couples have gone there since our first trip based solely on our recommendation...and maybe the pictures helped. One couple is making a second trip with us and another is about to book their return.

I would hate to see CSS ever become more like the other Couples properties because each has a uniqueness that serves it well. I would also hate to see a bunch of rooms added simply because it would take away from the feeling of being a million miles from everywhere. I believe the inclusions offered are great. I absolutely love the landscape of the property and the charm of the buildings and different rooms. The two beaches are small, private and perfect, and I cannot wait be on one later this week.

Ditto, kycouple. I couldn't say it any better than that. We love CN, CSS and CTI for all the things you mentioned.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand. What does it mean to you?
    To sum up the Couples brand in one word is easy it's PARADISE! It's our new home away from home... The Couples brand to us means reconnecting with the one you love in a tropical paradise where everyone there makes you feel like you are the only two people in the world. I could not imagine a more perfect vacation destination.

How would you like to see it evolve?
    We've only been to CTI (just got home saturday) but I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing! I loved how private and secluded the resort was - I really liked that fact that CTI wasnt really that big and that it was completely secluded from the outside world!
    The only thing that I would've liked to see different were the hours of the island lol... there were many days we didnt want to leave at 5, but we understand that with weddings/private dinners that you guys need some time to set the island up...

What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again.
    EVERYTHING!!! lol... Honestly though, it really was everything... the food, the drinks, the service, the attention to detail, the beautiful landscape, the fact that there truely were "no worries" and "no problems" - and of course the amazing STAFF!! But above all else was the fact that it was Couples only... no kids to worry about, no large groups of singles, just the fact that everyone there was there for the same reason (to reconnect with their loved one) was peace of mind in itself - and of course the romantic atmosphere which makes it oh so easy to do so!

I tell them that it was hands down the best vacation we've ever been on - and we've been everywhere from Vegas to Mexico to NY to Cruises all throughout the Caribbean and this was by FAR the greatest vacation we've ever been on - the Couples experience has with out a doubt blown everything else out of the water - We can't think of anywhere else (tropical) that we would rather be! The personalized service is incredible, the fact that you dont have to worry about any added expenses such as alcohol or beach activities is a huge plus! The staff is hands down some of the nicest people I have ever met!!

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?
    We've never been to an all inclusive, never been to Jamaica, and never did the whole AN thing so we are truely the definition of "Newbie" - My wife had always wanted to visit Jamaica but I was hesitant due to years of hearing how 'unsafe' Jamaica was - (how wrong I was!) I decided to book this trip as a surprise for her birthday and started looking into cruises at first since that's what we normally do- but then I got the idea to look into an all inclusive since we had never gone that route and I started doing my research - I lived on trip-advisor for a couple of weeks and I really looked into ALL the major AI's and it just came down to the fact that Couples had great reviews and that I felt like Couples had the best "bang for the buck" and the fact that it had some AN beaches didnt hurt (figured we'd at least try it) and we're very glad we did!
    The pictures of the resort, the layout, the fact that the beach was secluded from the public, the reviews on all the major websites, all the extras that were included (Snorkeling, Catamaran, Waterskiing, Dunn's River etc) and of course the "Island" were really the main selling points for us... and we're so happy with our choice! We couldn't imagine a better vacation!

I booked everything (including airfare) through the Couples website and had no problems with anything - It was really an easy and streamlined process that I couldn't have been happier with!

I still have to go to the staff shout-out thread and post over there about all the wonderful people we had the pleasure of getting to know at the resort and I will also be writing a formal letter of thanks to Couples in which I will be mentioning several members of the staff who were responsible for really making our stay there unforgettable!

We are definately 'hooked' and have already looked into booking our return trip for next year!! Can't wait to come back "home"

We have been to CIT 3 times since 2009 and although the most recent trip didn't come close to be the amazing experience that the first two were, I still long to be there on a daily basis. Along with the fact that it is couples only, I truly believe that the employees are what makes it extra special.

With that being said, I truly felt that the staff was overworked and frustrated with the direction that things were headed. I didn't get the feeling that their voices were being heard. That makes me sad because I see how hard they work. I agree with rae_Dave about the pricing. The cost continues to rise, but less inclusions are being offered.

My biggest complaint was the lack of activities. The first two trips were so much fun. This time around, we were almost bored. There were no games at the pool bar. There wasn't much for music. That was the highlight of the earlier trips. I had some of the best times in my life playing bingo in the pool. Everyone was was having a great time. And nobody was out of hand or obnoxious. I don't understand when it had to go.

Will I be back? Most likely, yes. But I hope that things don't change too much more. I would be devastated if it changed too much. I wish it would go back to what it was before.

The first time we used a travel agent. The second and third we booked right through the hotel and got airfare separately.

Listen to your employees. They are the ones that deal with the customer face to face. They know what we like. And if they're having fun, you know that the guest is too!

The Couples Resorts’ brand means Love and Romance in a beautiful Jamaican location for COUPLES.

This is why we continue to refer married and celebrating couples to our/your resorts. We expect each resort experience to be filled with time with each other, great food, and an ability to try/see something new each time. Because it is a Couples resort we expect it to not be a spring break/singles atmosphere, but still have it filled with love, romance, and yes sex (just not in public please).

The single most important ingredient that keeps us coming back and sending others as well. Is the ability Couples provides to reconnect/connect with your spouse as the most important person in your life. In the past COR/CTI and other Couple’s resorts seemed to have more couple items/places like large hammocks for 2 on the beach and gardens, hot tubs for 2, large beach swings for 2, you get the point. These items and secluded places provide a couple an area where they can just sit, talk, or just listen to the ocean together for hours and hours seemingly alone and are important. One year we even fell asleep in a large swing/chair for 2 on the pier at CTI. If you go to a COUPLES resort you just want to be with each other just like on your honeymoon, were just a bit older now. If you wanted Disney or Vegas you’d go there. Try to bring back as many of these things as you can. I know these items/places come with their own special problems. However, this is what makes Couples resorts COUPLES and not just another beach resort or a Hedo.

Couples’ provides an atmosphere (ie couples only, beautiful gardens, & quiet views) and plenty of activities (ie scuba, sunset cruses, & horseback riding) which are conducive to being together with your spouse. This is why we choose and recommend Couples.
    Mark & Sylvia

Couples has become our vacation home. It is our home away from home as others has said. We have only stayed at CSS, and the beautiful grounds, super staff, great food, and comfortable rooms are just a few of the things that keep us coming back.

When my husband said he wanted to go to Jamaica for our next trip I started researching it on line. We of course wanted a place with only adults. And the fact ift was just couples and no singles was even more of a plus. I wanted someplace romantic. I was leaning towards the S place, and then came across the Couple's web site. That was all it took, the no tipping policy, and the fact everyone was treated the same regardless of room category really tipped the scales. Then I started reading this board, and became even more excited. Hubby had always wanted to try AN, and after reading this board I agreed to try it. Now, CSA would never be for us because of no AN option The AN option, and the fact it is truly AN and not CO is great. The rules are inforced, and we don't have to worry about watching someone else doing things in the open that should be done in their rooms.

I am constantly bragging this place up. I prepare taxes from January to April, and have many of my regular clients who ask me about it each year. One of them is looking into booking it themselves. The first couple of years we booked through an agent after I did some reasearch. I wanted the security of having someone to call if something went wrong. The last couple of trips we booked through the website with the love away plan and took advantage of the specials. Those specials enabled us to get a longer massage, and a few other things we would not have gotten without them. Also, with my husbands health problems, the fact we can book it so far in advance, and not risk loosing our money if we need to cancel it is really a plus.

We always go the same time every year, and the entertainment for the beach party has been the same. The steel band is good, and the first year we enjoyed it, but it isn't our type of music, and some other type of entertainment would be good.

Much to the wonderment of much of my family, we will go no where else unless the cost gets to much for us. I only hope we can continue for at least a few more years before my hubby can not travel any more.
    Linda

What does it mean to you? How would you like to see it evolve?
    Having only been to Couples once so far (CTI in 2011,) I would say that to us the Couples "brand" at this time means a relaxing, no worries vacation. It's a place where the staff seems genuinely glad to see you and is happy to help you. As far as how we might like to see it evolve, right now I can't think of anything I'd want to see changed. We liked the overall casualness of the resort, where we could walk around in shorts and t-shirts or get dressed up and not feel over / under dressed in either case. We liked the "intimate" size of the resort, just small enough to allow us to walk comfortably anywhere and just big enough to not feel crowded.

Right now for us it was the welcoming feeling and the relaxation we had while there. We enjoyed it so much, we booked our return visit within a week or two of getting back to our home!

We tell them it was the most relaxing vacation we've *EVER* taken, and that it's a great place for a couple to go to unwind and re-connect.

(Having only visited once, I declare that we qualify as newbies!)
    I had previously researched various AI resorts for the wife and I, S, B, H, and Couples. What drew us to Couples was a couple things:
    1. Couples only. We don't have kids, and liked the fact that we wouldn't have to worry about kids running around. We don't mind them, but we'd prefer no kids...
    2. The more "relaxed" nature of Couples compared to H. Yes, we considered the infamous H resort, but neither of us are "party animals" nor are we very outgoing. We didn't think we'd be comfortable with the type of crowd H seems aimed at
    3. We chose CTI out of all the Couples resorts in part because of the Isle. I wanted to try AN, she was unsure. The privacy of the Isle sold CTI for us
    4. The final selling point was when we got an e-mail Thanksgiving weekend 2010 with the "up to 50% off" rates for booking for 2011. The two of us, for ~$300/night, and not needing to pay for anything else? SOLD!

So far both our trips (2011 and our 2013 trip) have been booked through Couples directly. We book the airfare separately later.

Having said all that, and just having asked the wife is she had anything to add, the only thing she said was that "we can't wait to go home again!"

Jason & Kathy A
    CTI again in:
    350 days
    16 hours
    11 minutes!

What do we like most about Couples?

The size, the quaintness, the food, the attention to detail, the laid back feeling with no one pressuring you to play games you don't want to and the opportunity for romance where you are not judged by others, interupted by children, or feel the pressure to eat and get out so the next guest can sit down. Oh, and did we mention the friendly and helpful staff, the water sports, the Couples lounge and the enjoyable transfers?

Its Caribbean feel that is not like the big box cookie cutter resorts.

We could go on and on but it all boils down to achain of resorts that caters to its guests and lets us be us!

Randy,

We are coming back to Couples for our 7th time next year. We first came to Swept Away in 1995 for our honeymoon before it was added to the "Couples" chain. We stayed in one of the garden rooms and absolutely had a wonderful time. We were young and just married. I remember seeing the atriums and Beach Front Suites and we said "when we can afford one of those we will come back Not that the garden room was bad, but the other rooms just looked so much nicer.
    We have had this conversation over the years, but we were anxious when the expansion of CSA was announced. We came back to CSA in 2005 for our 10th anniversary and fell back in love with the resort. Nothing had changed. The expansion had just started and we once again had a wonderful time. We went to CTI that same year in December. The special offer for travel in December was one of the best deals we had ever had to Jamaica. While we enjoyed CTI, it just wasn't our beloved CSA.
    We have been all over the world on vacations, and Couples keeps calling to us. the value for the $ and atmosphere the resorts provide is what we enjoy. We have met many friends there whom we still keep in touch with, and will hopefully keep coming back.

Why? I wish i could put it into words. Staff, friendliness, laid back atmosphere, ambience, well kept grounds, food, drink, all of these things and more figure into it.

Please don't lose the charisma and feel of these resorts. Please don't get too big and impersonal.

See you next year and I still want to accompany you on "Unchained Melody"
    GREANJAC

Randymon, I agree with many posters above....one of the things we love about Couples is Couples only, no kids. The food, the staff, the beaches, are all beautiful.

When we talk about it with friends (and we do OFTEN) we talk about how gorgeous it is in Jamaica, how relaxing it is, that can do as much or as little as you choose. The food is outstanding. The people we met every year help make it even more enjoyable.

One thing I would also like to echo from those above....how should it evolve? I hope it doesn't change. I know change is a constant in life...most of the time, but in this case, I think you have achieved perfection with what you have already. We have only been to CN and would love to try the others, but can't even tear ourselves away to do that because we love CN so much. The resort size is perfect. The food, the staff. If you are going to change...and add more to other parts of Jamaica or other islands, that is the only way I could think you would want to change. I don't know if we would visit but might consider as long as it was the Couples brand.

We are loyal now to Couples because of all you have given us. You are unique and we hope you never lose that part of your personality. Don't think you need to be like the others. The fact that you aren't is what makes you so special.

Couples- what does it mean to us? It means a special reconnection for us. our other home. the place we runaway to. We cannot say enough great things about Couples. Are there some flaws? yes, but the good outweighs the few things that aren't perfection. We love CSS so much that we can't even bring ourselves to go anywhere else. I have actually put off buying furniture to be able to come back there. The ambiance that is at CSS can't be beat, The low key of the resort suits us. It is almost like, Couples read our minds on what we needed when on vacation. I agree with other posters, keep these resorts small and intimate. If you ever do decide to build more buildings (esp. at CSS) I would suggest adding that Pan- Asian restaurant. And please not too many more rooms. CSS really is perfect the way it is.

I find booking through the website is just easy and I like talking to your reps.

Now this is what i feel I need to say- Your staff is what makes your company. You can have all the beautiful scenery in the world but without these amazing people, Couples would be like any other resort. We have been to both CN and CSS and the outstanding service at both places are what brings us and others back. We feel they give us the world when we are on vacation, like we are rockstars,when in fact, they are the true rockstars!

Quote Originally Posted by greanjac View Post
    Randy,

We have been all over the world on vacations, and Couples keeps calling to us. the value for the $ and atmosphere the resorts provide is what we enjoy. We have met many friends there whom we still keep in touch with, and will hopefully keep coming back.

Why? I wish i could put it into words. Staff, friendliness, laid back atmosphere, ambience, well kept grounds, food, drink, all of these things and more figure into it.

Please don't lose the charisma and feel of these resorts. Please don't get too big and impersonal.

"
    I couldnt have put it better myself!

Thanks for asking, Randymon.

What drew us initially was couples only, all inclusive, geared to romance rather than partying. What brings us back each year is the food, the service, the beauty and uniqueness of each property (haven't been to CSA yet) and the way repeaters are treated - the dinner, the perks, the value added benefits.

How would we like to see Couples evolve? Maintain the current properties and their sizes, continue to invest in staff - if they are happy and enjoy their work, we the customers are happy. Possibly add another property or two - in Port Antonio area, Blue Mountain area - we would be interested in both. Possibly develop more formal repeaters groups around the world (am thinking of alumni groups of colleges as an example) - repeaters as ambassadors to marketing events. Develop more brand items for sale.

Thanks to you and all management and staff for a great product that we love coming home to!
    Sarah (& Baxter)
    CN 2009; CTI 2010; CSS 2011;
    CN 2012; CTI 2013

The Couples brand offers me the environment to amplify my committment and love to my husband while reducing the distortion of everyday life. It's a chance to celebrate our marriage and remind each other of the wonderful qualites that we fell in love with in the first place, and the new qualities that we have developed over the years that keep us in love. Though we feel that Couples is perfect as is, I also realize that evolution is an important part of business process and is inevitable. The only recommnedations I can make is to ensure that the resorts are up to date and never run-down.

The most important ingredient for us is that it is Couples only. I hope that with the increased interest in destination weddings that Couples upholds this policy.

I describe Couples as our chance to relax and reconnect with each other in the most romantic and beautiful setting in a country that is as accepting of us as we are of each other. My husband jokes that I have turned into a "Couples evangelist" and will talk about Couples to others at every opportunity.

Being a 4x repeater this Fall, I don't necessarily qualify as a "newbie" anymore, but I can share with you our experience of how we came to Couples 7 years ago:

After being married for 3 years and never taking a honeymoon, I started researching vacations that would allow us to get away and act like honeymooners. I liked the concept of All-inclusive as at the time we were just starting out and I wanted to make sure that we stuck to a specific budget and didn't incurr any unexpected charges. I started researching the "S" resorts. They were beautiful, but seemed very corporate (and even a little cheesy). While reading "S" resort reviews on Trip Advisor, one person actually compared it to Couples. Having never heard of the brand, I started googling. At the time the first photo that was on the website was that of Tower Island. One view of that photo and I was hooked. To further solidify our decision I also joined the message board and got first-hand accounts of the 3 resorts they owned back then. That was 7 years ago, and although we have taken vacations to other places, we keep returning to Couples.

Originally we used to book through a Travel Agent as at the time the "Love Away" plan was not available. We have now found that since the addition of the Love Away plan that there isn't a need for the Travel Agent any longer. The only thing that I think is lacking is a comprehensive airfare booking. I found better deals on my own so I only booked the hotel portion through Couples.

Default couples has changed a lot since our first visit

We love couples because of the fabulous staff!!! they are the number one reason we return. We have seen our coffee servers move up to dinner hosts. We have made wonderful friends there. When we started going there most people were our age. The change I personally don't care for is the move to younger, more party type crowd. When we first started going there the webpage even had gray haired couples! It was a quiet place. I felt sorry for the few young couples. Now, they are advertising to brides and so many more younger, rowdier guests. Very big groups. I used to love to see couples walking hand in hand. Now, its huge loud parties taking over. I think you are louder when you need to talk over a group of your friends. The last time we were there we were the old folks and not many couples at all. We are returning because we could find a quiet spot still. We still love couples, but they changed their brand already to destination wedding spot from quiet romance for two

What does Couples mean to us??!! A Couples ONLY environment , friendly staff making you feel like part of a family, and the most relaxing, love rejuvenating scenery one could ask for for an affordable price!!!
    How would I like to see it evolve? Tough question here! I, myself , am not well with changes and have adjusted to to the growth of Couples over the 10 years we 1st visited. Nothing bad here, but we tend to stay in the "older" section still bvecause of the ambiance and the more Caribean feel. I know Couples has to keep up with times and the younger crowds but the only negative I can see is the larger wedding parties which seem to becoming more prevelent at CSA, our choice of Couples Resorts. Being in the "over 50" crowd we tend to like a more quite beach time whic has had us adjust our visit time to December vs. April which is our Anniversary time. No problem here though we much enjoy getting out the cold here in Florida :-) especially at Christmastime!!!!
    What do I say to friends about Couples? Not hard here! Paradise! Best all inclusive with wonderful service, food, beautiful white sands beach and perfect temperatures ALL year long!!! And dollar for dollar, well worth the price!!!

We tell our freinds that it is the easiest place in the world to relax and forget about everything. We tell them the staff is largely the same people, and that they reeally remember us, that is a feeling that can't be bought.
    The willingness of the staff to accomodate your wishes if possible is important to us. We also enjoy the comfortableness of the resort not being something different easch time we come back. It would not be Home if it was always changing.
    We think the included activities are a major plus, especially for drawing new Couples to the resorts.
    And the last thing we tell people is, it is for Couples only, and it is quiet and romantic in the evenings for dinner and shows.

Found Couples through an internet search. It was my response to my wifes desire to go on a cruise.

Finally - how did you book?
    We booked initially through a travel service. Last time through Travelocity. We would like to use the Couples booking engine, it just very rarely is working right.

Randy, You mention that you have not asked directly in the past. We have been asked at the repeaters dinner by many Couples staff. That is appreciated by us, it makes you feel valued as a customer.

The Couples brand means relaxation with the one I love, a chance to step away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and fall back in love all over again with my husband. I have never experienced a vacation like the one I had last year at CSSand CN and cannot wait to come back in September. As far as evolution of Couples, I would love to see them open in the Port Antonio area or somewhere on the southern coast, other than that....not a thing!
    Couples only. The idea of no children, no singles totally sold us. We were looking for a place to spend time with each other and found our paradise! Loved CN but CSS stole our hearts.
    I tell them that it truly was the best vacation we have ever had, and that to try to put it into words is just too challenging. I usually break out with my pictures. Just looking at our faces in the pics tells so much more about the pure joy, relaxation and love we felt. And I tell them about the best staff on earth!
    Last year was our 20th anniversary, and we had never had a honeymoon. For Valentine's Day, my husband handed me a little jar filled with cash He had been saving without my knowledge and handed it to me saying "Book our honeymoon" I scoured all of the online sites for AI resorts. We knew we wanted to go to Jamaica and AI. I posted a message on Facebook asking my friends if they could recommend any place. Lo and behold, 3 different friends had been to Couples (2 to CTI and 1 to all four). Once I found the message boards, I was hooked. We booked our 2012 trip before we had even been in 2011, and have the 2013 trip booked now as well. Our goal now is to somehow tear ourselves away from CSS long enough to experience all of the Couples Resorts (accomplished CSS/CN split last year and heading to CSA in 2013)......thanks for keeping my new home away from home ready and waiting.
    Nancy

Prior to Couples we have never “repeated” anywhere. There are just too many places to visit. We have now “repeated” 5 trips – 3 CSA, 1 CSS, 1 CTI, with #s 6 and 7 planned at CSA and CTI, respectively.

“What does our brand mean to you”? I’m not sure how to answer in words, it’s more of a feeling, but I think the fact that we return home from a trip and immediately plan the next - says a lot. I think that after trips #6 and #7 will be have introduced 6 more couples to Couples – says a lot. There is just something about the overall experience that calls us back unlike any place we have ever been.

How would I like to see Couples evolve? I agree with others, don’t increase the guest size. Expansion, maybe to another island, but I never want the Brand to have a bunch of locations. IMO, 4 in Jamaica provides plenty of options for one island.

CSA has always been our favorite, but each time we go, CSA losses a bit of its lead. I think it leads now only because of its location on 7-mile beach. IMO, it has become too popular, too many big weddings and groups, and some staff don’t appear happy or they are over-worked/under-staffed, all compared to CTI and CSS because we have not been to CN...yet. Agree with others – keep your staff happy. In a way, “un-evolve” back to the basics, change is not always good.

I would love CSS to get an overhaul, keep the overall feel but make it new again. The setting and grounds are breathtaking, but it is in need of some updating, the décor, a bigger main pool, SPA remodel and maybe another restaurant option. A fitness focus similar to CSA would be a nice option for an Ocho Rios location too. Give those of us that love Negril for the beach and sunsets a reason to choose Ocho Rios.

What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again. When compared to other AI that we have stayed, the bang for the buck here is excellent. The couples only policy. All guests are treated the same, no matter what room category.

When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them? We do not hesitate to recommend Couples anytime we get a chance. To our friends and family we say, “We’re going to Jamaica, want to go with us”? We say this with confidence that a great overall vacation will be had by all.

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains? Luckily, we found Couples by chance. I found Couples Swept Away on-line. I loved the look of it, all it offered, and all the positive comments on the message board. We tried Couples and have never looked back.

Finally - how did you book? We started out booking with an agent, then next few trips direct with Couples and most recent bookings with travel agent. I find little difference in the two booking options. Air is always booked separately, we take advantage of booking early, usually too early to book air.

For us it is quite simple. In 1978 when we wanted to take our third trip to Jamaica our travel agent told us about a newly opened resort for Couples only. Being public school teachers with no children of our own we couldn't think of anything better than a vacation without any children. After seventy six trips to Couples we still feel the same. Thank you!

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand. What does it mean to you?
    Couples "gets" the needs of people like us (and other couples not like us too). For us, two working parents who are going 150% all the time. We devote our lives to our children, careers, and community. Which means, we don't spend enough time on our marriage. One thing that brought us together when we first fell in love, 17 years ago, was our mutual love of the Caribbean. We've traveled all over the Caribbean, but in the last 8 years we only go back to one spot...Couples Jamaica. When we head off to Couples we know we have no worries...romance, relaxation, laughter, new friends, and Jamaican beauty are guaranteed.

How would you like to see it evolve?
    Great question! Remember when Coke came out with their new formula and it was a disaster? Make your leadership strategy an ongoing learning process. Do those SWOT analyses and whatever you do...Don't tamper with your strengths!!!! It's what everyone is talking about in their posts here. For evolving, I think more of what you need to do to keep your prices where they are at (adjusted for inflation, etc) and continue to provide the exceptional experience you are known for. Keep the properties, food, beverage, rooms, etc immaculate and beautiful! These things are more important to me than expanding to new properities or locations. Honestly, I wouldn't want to see Couples develop beyond Jamaica. It's part of the brand. Remember who you are catering to...their needs, wants, and desires.

The leadership happening at all levels of the organization that ensures that the magic happens when we visit, regardless of the time of year or the resort we choose. That leadership is what gives us amazing interactions with the staff, incredible grounds to stroll around, yummy food, tasty adult beverages, fun and safe dive trips, immaculate beaches, squeeky clean rooms, etc.

It's the marriage saving vacation where we don't fall in love again (we always love each other.) We fall in like again...we remember why we like each other so much and can be who we are as a couple without all the responsibilities and pressures of our life back home.

How do you book?
    We book through an preferred travel agent of Couples. They have the lowest prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast