View Poll Results: How did you book your Couples Resorts Vacation?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travel Agent

81 52.60%
  • Tour Operator

2 1.30%
  • Couples Direct

69 44.81%
  • Hotel only

44 28.57%
  • Hotel/Air together

19 12.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We were looking for an adult-only vacation and the added feature of a couples-only vacation was the biggest selling point. Then came the size - I hate crowds! Our first visit to CTI was shortly after the renos and that was another reason we chose CTI.

Now, we return (something I thought I would never do! Why go back to somewhere when there are so many other places to see?) for the wonderful atmosphere. For us, Couples means, good food and drinks, wonderful staff, great location and best of all, a fantastic, relaxing vacation with no unwanted surprises.

We don't go every year but when we're looking for a relaxing vacation we always head "home" and this is what we tell family and friends. If you want a child-free, relaxing, hot spot where you can be as busy or as lazy as you want and you don't want to worry about anything, then this is the place for you. And the food is great!

I think Couples has spoiled us. As far as evolving, I think Couples has to work hard at maintaining the peacful, romantic atmosphere. I would hope you don't grow the resort in size or open it to too many weddings with singles or younger people. I think the addition of room service and mini-bars at CTI is nice but I hope it doesn't lead to dirty dishes in the halls, bugs or late night dish collection. I have also noticed that there aren't as many inclusions as before. For us, the loss of the Catamaran and horse-back riding doesn't make much of a difference and may be as a result of deals with outside vendors but I hope that none of the "internal" inclusions, like diving and snorkelling, are maintained. Like others, we have noticed a few other things, such as the water bottles not being available but these haven't kept us from enjoying our stay.

Our first trip was booked through a travel agent, our second done as a package through a vendor and our thrid was done through Couples but only the hotel.

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?

Since I haven't been yet (25 days!) this is the only one I feel qualified to answer right now. Once we decided we wanted to get married in Jamaica, we narrowed it down to 3 Couples Only AI resorts. (Found them all doing a google search for Jamaica All Inclusive, Adults only) After looking at prices we knocked one out and were down to the S one and Couples. In all honestly, the price is how we chose Couples. At the time, the S resort did not offer free weddings (they now do) and we decided that since the rooms were comparable in price (I think there was only like a $100 difference) we would go with the resort that had the free wedding that even included a massage (probably another one of our deciding factors).

And now, please don't bash me for this, but since the S resort now offers free weddings, I don't know which one we would have chosen if that would have been the case when we were first looking especially since for some odd reason, Couples "government fees" for getting married is $250 and S resort is only $95.

Now don't get me wrong, I am 100% happy that I booked with Couples for our weddingmoon. I am not expecting the "marble" look of the S resort or anything like that. I look forward to the Caribbean feel of the rooms

This message board is the best asset to Couples. There were a few times I second guessed my choice but the message board always made me happy I chose Couples.

25 days!!

Finally - how did you book?
    Travel Agent. Never did the whole out of country thing before
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

The Couples Brand means that we find a place where the two of us can say goodbye to the outside world.

How would you like to see it evolve?
    Really can't think of anything that needs change.
    What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again.
    Your staff and the fantastic job they do.
    When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them?
    You will not believe it is so great until you go for yourself. That is how I was before our first trip, yea it will be nice, well it turned out to be PERFECTION.

Booked the hotel thru couples and the air thru expedia.
    ARE WE THERE YET??

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?...............

The number one decision factor for us? It's for Adult couples only!!!!
    The second factor? that it truly is "all" inclusive!

My step-sister was married at CSA 3 years ago and a friend had just returned from CTI this year, when I began to search in earnest for our 25th wedding anniversary trip (to be taken in 2013). We never had a honeymoon, have never been to an all-inclusive, never been to Jamaica ...

After narrowing down our "wants" to an all inclusive, beach, preferably adult only resort ~I started web browsing.

I got hooked on the message board, visit it at least 5 times a week (and I only booked in April). I ~love~ how open and friendly everyone seems to be, honest answers to questions, people have even e-mailed me TONS of information and pictures, tips and advice.

The 3rd factor in our decision was the 2013 book early get resort credits and discounts promotion and the love away plan.

We chose CSS, it seemed the best fit for us, smaller, intimate, with hidden nooks and areas. I know it's a year and a half away, but I am so excited and hope that this won't be our only trip, that in the future we can save again, take advantage of a promotion and love away plan, and become repeaters.

CSS Oct. 2013
    25th Anniversary

Couples is not a place but a state of being to us. It is relaxing, it is fun, it is low-key and it is romantic. It's knowing that you are among friends. To us it is coming home and knowing that all our worries and stresses can be left at the front door.
    I like the individualness of each of the resort. I'm glad they are not cookie cutter copies one of the other. These are the strengths that should continue to be played up-Different resorts, with a different feel to each to meet the moods and needs of many.
    The one special ingredient is that it is couples only. We look forward to knowing we will get excellent food, excellent service in a beautiful location.
    How should Couples continue to evolve? On a personal note, Id like to see the mass marketing of weddings to large groups stopped and play up to the strengths of romance and couples. I personally think the large wedding groups and all that comes with it takes away from the ambiance that you are striving for. I really think if you want to be a unique boutique type of resort chain, the large groups need to go elsewhere.

The time is quickly approaching for our 10th trip to a Couples Resort. In Sept we'll be making our 5th trip to Couples Negril. We'll be meeting up with 4 other couples we met there in 2009 and I can't tell you how excited we are. Plus, my brother & his wife will be honeymooning there and we'll get to share a couple days with them.

We also have our trips for 2013 booked. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary next year and we want to share our love for Couples with our 4 grown kids & their spouses. So we've booked CSA for June to celebrate our anniversary and not only spend time with our family, but let our kids spend time relaxing and reconnecting as individual couples. We regret it took us so long to find Couples and we want our kids to experience first-hand why we keep coming back. We hope they'll love Couples as much as we do! In Sept 2013 it will be back to CSS, which has become our favorite, and hopefully meet up with friends and staff from 2011.

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand. What does it mean to you?
    The Couples Resorts brand means time away with my hubby....relaxing & reconnecting with each other, meeting some of the nicest couples you could ever hope to know, fabulous food & drinks and a staff that makes you want to come back over and over again.

I wouldn't want any of the resorts to increase in size. The intimacy of the resorts is what makes Couples special. Adding a resort or 2, closer to MBJ or even on another Carribean island, would be nice.
    I'm sure the wedding groups bring in some much needed $$$ to the resorts, but I would hope that Couples will focus more on bringing in the individual "couple" and not so much the "groups".

What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again.
    Rest, Relaxation, Reconnecting, Rejuvenation. Period.

It's the most relaxing place we've found for us. When we leave Couples, we feel we've truly been able to unwind and relax. Then it's back to work to save up for the next trip to Couples!

For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?
    We first learned of Couples on a TripAdvisor posting. Someone had posted about great pricing on the "Fall in Love Again" promotion that was about to end. We quick looked into it and ended up booking our first trip to Swept Away thru a travel agent. Unfortunately, we had to cancel that trip due to a family medical emergency. (Always buy trip insurance!!) We ended up rebooking a Secret Rendevous a couple months later, so our first trip ended up to be COR.

Finally - how did you book?
    We used a travel agent for our first few trips. Then, when Couples started offering their promotions to book a year in advance, we just started booking with Couples direct and then booking our flight & trip insurance as time for our trip drew closer.
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

What does it mean to you? ............ means to us a vacation that we can afford by taking advantage of the specials and reconnecting with each other.How would you like to see it evolve?.................. We actually believe that Couples is at the top! evolving would only diminish the experience........... I would like to mention that when large groups, say over 5 couples come, it really takes away from the experience that couples creates for couples........focus on couples and not on large groups plz!

What is the single most special ingredient........ Couples only.....its the driving force for us....... expectation,.......... our expectation is that the resort will cater to couples, avoid becoming a spring break like party place and deliver great service! deliverable .................................. for us, its that my wife can read on the beach while I scuba drive, play beach volleyball and be as active or inactive as we want.......................When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them? Its the best vacation we have ever been on...... I have already got 3 other couples to come and check out CN....they agree with us!For Newbies - Why Couples? How did you first learn about us and what made you choose us over other hotels or hotel chains?

I did a google search of best caribbean vacations that were adults only and all inclusive. The Couples Brand kept coming up. Actually spent two years narrowing down our choice. We went with CN and could not be happier with it.!

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand.

As others have said - it is hard to put into words. It is my home away from home. When I walk into the Lobby at CN, I truly feel at home. All my wants and needs are taken care of from the minute I arrive in Jamica to the minute I leave. There could not be a more special place.

What does it mean to me - complete and utter relaxation. We are in our own special world when we are there and it is wonderful.

We appreciate the fact that Couples is truly all inclusive - as Randymon says the staff are actors in our play. The staff, their attitiude, the respect they have for each other, and how they make us feel like we are home. Nothing more needs to be said.

How do I want to see Couples evolve - very carefully, you have a wonderful brand that I do not want to see change. Expansion can always lead to change.
    What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again - I love the staff, the beach, relaxation, aquabics, the location, the golf. They all make us want to come back every year.

When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them? - a special place that words cannot describe. I tell them about what we do every year. But most importantly - they will not be disappointed.

How do you book? - on-line through one of the on-line providers - Expedia or Sell-Off Vacations. I have looked at booking directly through Couples, but I find that the airline connections do not work for someone coming from Canada.

Looking forward to coming home in Mar 2012!

Jennifer

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand.

Service and value in paradise where all guests are equal.

What does it mean to you?

I know what to expect and if it doesn't meet that expectation, I can almost always make a request so it WILL meet the standard.

I'd like to see it be made more consistant. ALL employees need to know that customers are loyal to the brand and their jobs are secure BECAUSE of great service. If it fades so will the reputation, popularity and, ultimately, jobs.

Positive attitude is what we notice most. Should I actually say, the lack of a good attitude? We understand that we can't have everything we want, but we'd like to be told no in a positive way rather than with attitude or insincerity.

We tell everytone to go to Couples because they'll be spoiled rotten in Paradise with no reason to think about money while they are there and all their cares will melt away with the sun.

Finally - how did you book? Fill out the poll. Multiple answers allowed.

We either book the hotel directly and air on our own, or sometimes book through an agent. Flight options, for Canadians, don't show the best options or prices when booking with Couples directly.

This is very sad considering a couple facts. 1) We have flown direct from Halifax and left within 5 minutes of another flight flying direct from Halifax for Montego Bay. 2) This April when we were leaving CN there were 5 other couples in the lobby that morning ALL going to Halifax.

I think Couples is missing a fairly large section of an interesting market. We represent a relatively small population (perhaps 2 million) yet the number of people who fly to Jamaica every spring is quite significant. 3-4 direct flights a week plus many who fly to Jamaica with at least one connection. Some of these people have discovered Couples, but many have no idea. Our winter vacation show has an S booth (I've also seen an S marked vehicle driving around many times), but I've never seen anyone from Couples. Perhaps it is our weather that drives us, but it amazes me that 4 airlines from our low population region fly direct all spring while Boston doesn't have any direct flights.

In your own words, describe what you feel about the Couples Resorts brand. What does it mean to you?
    For us the Couples Resort brand means Quality, Trust and Value for our money. We know we are getting top quality rooms, food and service. Sometimes things aren't perfect or what I had hoped for, but I know we can trust Couples to make things right. When we get to CSA we feel like we are at home. When we leave, we are are saying good - bye to "Our Place" and good friends. I have never felt like this at any other resort/chain.

I would like to see the weddings and group sizes controlled. I know this is a tall order but it can be done. You have great people working at Couples. You can figure out how to make the guests who come for a romantic getaway for 2 or to be part of a celebration both happy. One does not have to be sacrificed for the other.
    I would like to see Couples resorts on other islands in the Caribbean. Maybe the BVI, Grenada, Antigua, St Lucia, or Barbados. You up it up; we will come.
    On a more personal preference, I'd like to see Feathers moved or renovated. For me a lot of the ambiance was lost when Feathers moved over to it's new location. Maybe it could be moved to where the Photo and Logo shops are so it's more of an open feel with higher ceilings that would allow for some quiet music or a small group to play. The present set up is too much like being in a cold box. The low ceilings and solid walls make it noisey and difficult to have a conversation - especilly when there are groups of 6.

The People! It's so important and unique I think Couples should reward the staff who take the time to smile and talk to the guests. Managers and Supervisors should make note of their staff and acknowledge them somehow when they see them being friendly with the guests.

I tell them it's a little slice of heaven. This is our favorite place in the world.

How did you book?
    We book what ever option gives us the best price and the most options. We've booked packages and air /rooms seperately. I will often book the air when I can get it on points or at a low price. The rooms, I book using a TA. Sometimes with a Canadian supplier and sometimes directly with Couples. Depends on the CDN dollar in comparison to the US dollar and how far a head of time I'm booking. I really like booking with Couples using the Love Awaye plan because of the cancelation policy. I'm comfortable booking a year ahead of time because I know I Couples will price match or cancel/change my reservations for no charge.
    Any chance you can open an office in Canada so we can pay in Canadian dollars?

These are just a couple more suggestions that don't fall into any of the questions asked.
    I think you would increase your sales if you opened a booking office at each resort. You could offer (maybe) a slight discount for booking ahead or even allow a room number put on a "Wish List". Doesn't mean it's guaranteed but that Couples will try to put them in the room they selected.

I also think you need to show a little more appreciation for your multi repeat guests. They are your best marketing tool. People don't go back to the same place time after time if it's not a great place. Just telling people how many times we've been to Couples put you on their short list for vacation destinations. Over the last few years with all the changes I've felt like the rewards/recognition is getting less and less. I'm not trying to complain, I'm just making honest suggestions.

One more thing I would like to mention. We love the repeat guest dinner but really miss someone from management giving a little talk on the changes that have taken place and and what is being planned for the future. Make you feel like you are part of the team.

Thanks for asking.
    Karon

Finally - how did you book? Fill out the poll. Multiple answers allowed.

Thank you for your contribution to our continued successes.[/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie (we'll be there at the end of August!), and really, the website was what sold us. There is so much information available on the site, plus the pictures and the 360 views are beautiful. After looking a couple of different resort chains, I compared prices and searched for customer reviews on other travel sites and the overwhelmingly positive feedback for Couples sealed the deal. After we booked (online via the Couples website, with the flight bought separately), I then started checking out this message board, and what makes my wife and I more and more comfortable is just how many repeat visitors you have and how helpful they are on the message boards. My wife and I can't wait to experience this all and I already have this feeling we'll be looking to book another trip as soon as possible. I mean, I'm already thinking about it and we haven't even made our first trip yet!

Jim

I am in agreement with MnK....we have booked our 6th vacation to CTI. We leave all our worries at home and reinvent our marriage year after year. There are no worries, only relaxation and good times. The resort credits for repeaters has definately drawn us back year after year. We have traveled to other resorts and were dissapointed with the customer service, but continue to have excellent care at CTI. I now consider the staff friends, not staff when we are there. We dine, laugh , and have valued conversations with the people that are employed here.

I would have to agree that these resorts need to stay intimate and stay small. The big resorts are awful. I've been to several with my kids and have dreaded each experience! Keep your staff smiling....they are loyal and love working for Couples. They are aware of the big resorts and the lure of $ but know they have many benefits at Couples!

You are doing a pretty good job attracting married couples & newlyweds... the concept of Couples only without the craziness of the "Hedo" clubs is awesome! No kids means alot to all types of people.! I refer anyone that asks about a vacation to Couples. Several have taken my advise and are either repeat customers or will be going back. No one has ever been disappointed with my recommendations! One of my co workers split a honeymoon with CTI & CSS....

We book directly through Couples and get our own airfare....

Thank you for an incredible vacation year after year after year after year!

Q: What does it mean to you?
    A: Couples Negril is our home away from home. It is where we see our Jamaican family and dear friends from around the world. It is the special place where my husband proposed, where we were married on that beautiful beach, and where we recharge after a long year of work.

Q: How would you like to see it evolve?
    A: I don't think it needs to 'evolve' per se - you would lose the identity of what makes Couples special. It is a unique, COUPLES ONLY all inclusive without all the tacky branding. That being said, we would like to see some minor improvements such as web survey or e-checkout instead of the comment cards (and Mike would LOVE TO see the return of the Nescafe machine at CN).

We wholeheartedly agree with many of the previous posters here that the big groups seem to be the marketing focus. When your message board participants use the term "Grouples", you might have an identity crisis! Heck -- I wouldn't even be opposed to getting rid of the bigger tables in Otaheite. As much as I love having dinner with friends, I realize we can get a bit loud in larger groups and it can hinder the romantic vibe at times. My .02

Q: What is the single most special ingredient, component, expectation, or deliverable that makes you want to come home again and again?

A: The staff. It is always sad when you come back and someone has been let go or left to go elsewhere. We have such a sense of loss.

Q: When you describe Couples to your friends and family, what do you tell them?
    A: We have been to CN about 15 times -- As long as it remains a Couples only/Adults only all-inclusive with scuba diving, great food and drinks AND the fabulous staff, we'll be back!!

Q: Finally - how did you book? Fill out the poll. Multiple answers allowed.
    A: Since the poll is now CLOSED.... Started out booking packages through our TA, but now we self-book due to the demise of frequent charter flights from STL.

Hello Dear friends, can any body please tell me about best couples resorts in texas, i want to go with my gf and i don't know about texas restaurant. Please help me to find best couples resorts in texas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2