Default Yes I'm beating that dead horse- but help needed

I know there are countless threads about this but each time I look at one it doesn't help and after reading the website and the brochure I'm now really confused.
    We are headed to CSA very soon and I'm not sure what to pack for dining- any other time it's swim trunks/suits for us and a tshirt for me to cover up with and her a cover up as well for breakfast/lunch. For dinner is where are question now lies. The website simply says cover up required for Palms and Patios, no further instructions for dinner. I've seen photos online of folks wearing anything from shorts to dress shorts to slack and tshirts to polos at these places too. But the brochure says to leave sneakers, shorts, tshirts in your room for dinner at [B]any of our restaurants[B] Does this mean Patios and Palms as well? We do plan to take in Lemongrass and Feathers as much as we can and I understand or at least believe I do what the expectations there are--Feathers: slacks, nice dress shirt, dress shoes. Lemongrass-nice shirt ie: polo/hawaiian style with slacks or dress shorts and nice sandals or shoes. But how about dinnner at Patios and Palms? Will shorts and a tshirt be okay? Or at least a hawaiian shirt or polo with nice shorts? How about you tell me what you would wear at the 4 different places

Thanks!

we will be making our 3rd trip to CSA in October. My husband is bring shorts and button down/polo style shirts for Palms and Patois at night. We will probably eat at Feathers and he'll take a linen set with some closed in casual shoes. If we decide to eat at Lemongrass too, he'll wear the same linen set...We only have evening clothes on for a few hours. HTH...

You are over thinking it my friend. A simlpe rule of thumb is wear what you would wear to a nice restaurant for a romantic dinner.

Feathers and lemongrass = long pants, collard shirt, close toes shoes ( not sneakers)

Pation and Palms= shorts/and a nice shirt or better.

Just to clarify that this is for dinner at CSA:

The Palms is casual, but you will see a wide spectrum of dress, from casual (shorts and t-shirts) to more dressy (sundresses on the ladies). After 6 trips to CSA, the only outfit that I would deem "cringe worthy" for CSA at dinner would be a muscle shirt and gym shorts. I have seen folks wear this type of attire, and it is clearly out of place at dinner.

Lemongrass - guys actually can wear dress shorts here, along with sandals (but probably not flip flops). Most of the guys wear polos or Tommy Bahama type shirts, along with slacks or dress shorts. I've seen the ladies wearing nice dress shorts along with a dressy top; capris and sundresses are also popular for the ladies here.

Patois - I think Patois is just a tad bit dressier for dinner than the Palms. Most people are wearing nice shorts along with tops or polo shirts. You do see the occasional t-shirt.

Feathers - well, a lot has been written about Feathers, but here goes. The guys must wear slacks, collared shirt, and closed shoes. No tennis shoes or jeans. Most of the ladies wear either dresses or capris or slacks. No shorts.

It may sound like a lot of rules, but it's really not. Try taking a cruise sometime when they have formal night, yeech. Basically, nice shorts and tops will get you into almost any restaurant at CSA, and if you can't bear the thought of wearing slacks, just skip Feathers.

I say get some linen pants and do NOT skip feathers. they have the most fabulous food!

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Just to clarify that this is for dinner at CSA:

The Palms is casual, but you will see a wide spectrum of dress, from casual (shorts and t-shirts) to more dressy (sundresses on the ladies). After 6 trips to CSA, the only outfit that I would deem "cringe worthy" for CSA at dinner would be a muscle shirt and gym shorts. I have seen folks wear this type of attire, and it is clearly out of place at dinner.
    Have things changed at the Palms? When we were at CSA in 2008 thy didn’t allow t-shirts without a collar, and certainly not muscle shirts. One time we were passing through on our way from watching a sunset on the beach, heading to our room to shower/change before dinner. So we just stopped to check the menu. The lady seating guests made a comment (in a friendly but clear way) about not being able to wear his sleeveless t-shirt. We quickly said that we were just checking the menu and would be back for dinner. We came back, me in a dress and he in nice shorts and short sleeved button up shirt, and said “Is this better?” She smiled and said “Yes, much. You look very nice” I bet they hate having to tell people what they can’t wear.
    At CSS in 2011 we saw one guy get turned away for wearing runners, but found it quite casual down at the beach.
    Before we went to Couples for the first time we had been to more casual resorts where it was fine for women to wear shorts and a tank or t-shirt, and guys shorts and a t-shirt for dinner. I was a bit concerned about the formability of Couples. Now I enjoy dressing up a bit more for dinner. I usually wear a summery dress, or sometimes capri’s to the most casual restaurant. He wears long pants only when required, and otherwise has nice cotton shorts he wears with short sleeved button up shirts. We now look for shorts for him that are a bit dressier than the cargo variety. Either way, he looks sharp, I enjoy wearing a comfy dress, and we never have to worry. Better to over dress than under dress, I say. Later, after dinner then drinks, if we head to the room we can always get back into more casual clothes to walk the beach, or a bathing suit for the hot tub.

Jamaicamecrazy - I wouldn't say things have changed at the Palms. I've always seen people wear t-shirts at dinner there. In fact, on our past trip, a whole tribe of people were wearing matching t-shirts at Patois. So I think t-shirts have been deemed appropriate for dinner at both locations. Although I'm sure the hostess has discretion to deny seating to someone whom she thinks is not dressed appropriately.

I agree with you, though, I like wearing dresses almost every night for dinner at CSA, if for no other reason that they are cooler than shorts or capris.