Default Flights in December help

We are going to CN in December. When would be the best time to book a flight? Also what websites are the best to go through or should we have a travel agent book? Thank you.

I have used a few websites for booking flights. Kayak.com gives you flight comparisons with many flexible options available and weekly alerts. Cheapoair.com has some discounted flight options that have worked out well for us.

I usually start stalking flight as soon as we decide to book. We booked our flights for Oct about a month ago when they dropped $200/pp on AA (they were $600+ out of MSY and dropped to $407. I still look at them and they've gone from $537 to $637 since). I always use Kayak.

Now is the perfect time to book. We are going back to CSA in December and like r&cford, I have been stalking airfare since January. The prices to drastically flucuate from day to day and it depends on what site you use. The sites mentioned are nice, but also try booking directly with the airline online or using a travel agent who is good at negotiating directly with the airline.

Where are you flying out of?

Quote Originally Posted by small009 View Post
    Now is the perfect time to book. We are going back to CSA in December and like r&cford, I have been stalking airfare since January. The prices to drastically flucuate from day to day and it depends on what site you use. The sites mentioned are nice, but also try booking directly with the airline online or using a travel agent who is good at negotiating directly with the airline.

i forgot to add that once i find the flight at the price we want, i book directly through the airline's site.

We are going to CTI at the end of December this year and I booked our tickets the middle of February when the rates first came out. We got 2 RT tickets from Kansas City on Delta for $1429 (taxes included). That was the cheapest I found by a long shot. I booked directly through Delta's website as it was several hundred dollars cheaper than the same exact flights on the travel websites. I always check the airline websites directly first and go from there. I've been checking the flights periodically since then and so far it hasn't been any less than what I paid.

We are going in December to Sans Souci for our wedding/honeymoon and we booked our flight back in March. And so far I am glad we did, we are coming from Minneapolis and it was $500/pp and I haven't seen a price that low since. Glad we jumped on it when we did.

I like the website itasoftware for checking flights. All depends what airport you plan on flying out of but if I were you I'd start looking now. We're going back to CSA in December and always flew AJ out of Phila, but since AJ pulled out Phila the only direct flight is on US Air.. I was going to wait a bit to book our flight but happened to check a few weeks ago and saw the flight was almost full! We were able to get one of the last sets of 2 seats together. I hate the time of the flight but I was glad to get a seat!

Quote Originally Posted by small009 View Post

Salt lake City

I have been watching air fares for the last couple of months. We had to decide if we were going to be able to go after a rough winter for Tom. I just booked our flights for early December. We live in central WI and usually fly out of Minneapolis. This year I went on Kayak, and fly.com and ended up spending 509/pp from Central WI airport (a small aiport in Wausau/Mosinee). It was only $15 more than Milwaukee. Earlier, Minneapolis was more expensive than Milwuakee, but I just checked again, and the prices have dropped again. Depending on if you want a specific airline or not.
    We do have overnight layovers, but on our leg to Jamaica, that is what we wanted. Tom has some health problems, and we usually would stay over night the night before we left, now we have just completed the first leg of the trip down instead, and we get to the resort about an hour earlier. On the way back, we get to stay at the resort a couple extra hours, and can relax getting through customs, rather than worry about making our flight. So for us, it sort of works better. And we have a 2-3 hour drive less to get home.
    Linda