Default 72-hour waiting period...

We will be arriving in Jamaica on 4/13/13 around 1:00 pm. I read that we have to be on the island 72 hours before we can get married. How closely is that timeframe monitored? If we want a morning wedding, will we have to wait until 4/17, or can we get married the morning of 4/16?
    CN - April 2011
    CN Weddingmoon - April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Laura88 View Post
    We will be arriving in Jamaica on 4/13/13 around 1:00 pm. I read that we have to be on the island 72 hours before we can get married. How closely is that timeframe monitored? If we want a morning wedding, will we have to wait until 4/17, or can we get married the morning of 4/16?
    We were arrived on 3/19/12 around 11am and weren't able to get married until 3/22/12 (we choose 4pm). I was told the day you arrive does not count, regardless of the time you get in. Seems other people have been told the day you arrive does count, but in my experience it does not. If you arrive on the 13th, then you can get married on the 17th. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCouple View Post
    We were arrived on 3/19/12 around 11am and weren't able to get married until 3/22/12 (we choose 4pm). I was told the day you arrive does not count, regardless of the time you get in. Seems other people have been told the day you arrive does count, but in my experience it does not. If you arrive on the 13th, then you can get married on the 17th. Hope that helps!

**sorry, meant we got in on the 18th.

Sorry this is a duplicate of another thread... I didn't see the other one until right after I posted this one. Anyway, the answer I received directly from the Stateside Wedding Planner is "you can arrive anytime before midnight on Saturday and get married anytime on Tuesday."
    CN - April 2011
    CN Weddingmoon - April 2013