Default Airport shuttle and "all-inclusive"

My husband and I are going to CTI ...TOMORROW and I just had 2 quick questions because after reading through the forums and whatnot it all still seems just too good to be true.

1. Is there a lounge at the airport for people going to couples? Is there also a specified shuttle for us that will take us there? If so, we do tip them im assuming.

2. This is the first time my husband and I have really done something all inclusive and again it just seems to good to be true so someone just slap me too clarify it for me.... You don't have to pay for a thing???? At least food and drink wise?

Thanks!!! We can't wait!!

Boy are you in for a treat!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Yes there is a lounge. Yes the shuttle will take you to your resort. Yes you can tip the driver as he is contracted, the baggage handlers at the airport & spa employees -as they are also contracted. You only pay for food & drink if you go off resort or order from the special wine list. Otherwise ALL food & drinks are included.

In answer to your questions:
    1. Yes, there is a Couples lounge at the airport. Once you clear Customs / Immigration / Security, there's someone waiting to direct you. They'll ask which resort your going to, and point you to the lounge. There is also a shuttle just for going to Couples, and you should tip the driver.

2. We were in the same boat when we went on our first time last year! Yes, you can put your wallets in the room safe and leave them there! The only non-included items are things like spa treatments, or a private dinner on the beach (which get charged to your room, and you pay for when you leave. Also, the spa staff should be tipped, and are the only people on the resort who can or should be tipped.) Want breakfast in your room? Included! Want to go on the snorkeling trip? Included! Want to go out on a Hobie-Cat? Included! Want to drink an entire fifth of something at the bar? Included!

You're going to have a great time!
    Jason
    CTI again in:
    349 days
    5 hours
    4 minutes

#1. Yes. Can't miss it.They will then direct you to your shuttle to CTI.We had enough time to use the bathroom and grab a cold beverage and we were on our way.Think we tipped the guys taking our suitcases to the shuttle $5.00.Shuttle driver $20.
    #2.Everything is covered except some tours not offered by CTI.NO TIPPING.They could lose their employment if caught taking a tip.
    #3. Have fun....you will!

yes there is a lounge, yes there is a shuttle, yes there is beer. you pay nothing out of pocket for these once you land. you can tip the driver (tip the driver) you can also tip the guys who drag your bags to the shuttle.

you don't pay for anything* at the resort for the most part. I paid to rent a wetsuit when I went diving because I got sunburnt the day before. but food and drink are included

lol....it's good and true, but NOT too good to be true!

There is a Couples Lounge at the airport. They should be expecting your arrival. Enjoy a red stripe well you wait about 20 minutes for the shuttle. Yes you do tip them, they are not employees of Couples

#2 is the reason my husbands doesn't want to go anywhere else....EVERYTHING and more is included...including the tip to all Couples employees! Enjoy your stay and have a drink or two on me

1) Correct, correct, & correct.
    2) Correct

No surprises... everything really is included! No tipping at the resort either... NONE. You'll go into the Couples Lounge when you arrive and they will tag your bags for the resort you are going to and then you can enjoy free drinks in the lounge and use their restroom to freshen up. Then they'll call you to go to your shuttle after about 15 minutes or so. Here is the one of the few times you will tip since the baggage guys who put your bags on the shuttle are not Couples employees. Tip $1 or so per bag. Then after you arrive at the resort, tip your driver when you get off the bus... $5 or $10 is customary.

Then you can put your money away. Enjoy ALL the food you want and ALL the drinks you want! No Tipping! And enjoy the watersports excursions all included. You can tip the spa personnel after massages etc.. just discreetly shake their hands and put your tip in your hand... I normally tip $15 to $20.

Anything you buy like in the gift shop or spa treatments are charged to your room number. When you check out, you settle up your bill then with either cash, or your credit card.

Be sure and tip your driver when you return to the airport.

And if you do the Dunns River Falls Excursion... (it is included, free excursion)... take money to tip the guides at the Falls and your driver there.

Enjoy your vacation, you'll be a repeater!

Quote Originally Posted by r&cford View Post
    lol....it's good and true, but NOT too good to be true!

There is a Couples Lounge at the airport. They should be expecting your arrival. Enjoy a red stripe well you wait about 20 minutes for the shuttle. Yes you do tip them, they are not employees of Couples

#2 is the reason my husbands doesn't want to go anywhere else....EVERYTHING and more is included...including the tip to all Couples employees! Enjoy your stay and have a drink or two on me
    lol at my own response...i promise i only have ONE husband!

It's SO awesome! We are going May of next year for our wedding/honeymoon....& we are 1st timers as well. Neither of us have ever been to an all-inclusive anything, so we too have struggled with the concept lol But the thought is ever so exciting! We know some people who have been, which is how we heard about it...but even still we couldn't wrap our brains around the idea. I keep picturing something like the movie Couples Retreat - minus the couples therapy hehehe

Have a great trip, relax, & enjoy!!!!

Yes there is a living room yes the taxi will take you to your hotel yes you can tip the car owner as he is shortened the bags handlers at Manchester international terminal & spa workers as they are also shortened you only pay for meals & consume if you go off hotel or order from the special bottles list otherwise ALL meals & beverages are involved......