Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Couples Swept Away - Negril July 31st - August 4rth (two young adults)

    Hey Everyone! So excited for my vacation to CSA Negril!

    Ok...i have some questions if anyone can help.

    My boyfriend and I are going to Negril, Jamaicas CSA and staying in the Atrium Suite. We are both 24 and 25 years of age! I know its a very private couples resort but I hope we aren't the only un-married, single people there, we dont want to feel that out of place you know. I know alot of people go for their anniversaries and weddings! Thats a beautiful thing <3 but is anyone going around the dates we are going that are in our same age? We'd love to get your opinion on tours and things to do. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go for tours?

    Hope to hear from you all!

    Priscy <3

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey,

    Well, my wife and I are young (27) but obviously not single. But I can tell you that there are plenty of people there who are unmarried couples at the resort. We were just at Swept Away and did 2 tours. One was horseback riding and the Mayfield Falls. They were both fun, but pretty pricey. Also, the falls is about 90 minutes away. Honestly, the resort if fun enough that if I did it again, I might not do any tours at all, but just use the free resources at the resort every day (waterskiiing, scuba, snorkeling, sailing, etc.). But I hear the Dolphin Cove thing is cool, however it is very expensive (like $150+ per person). Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    87

    Default

    We're a VERY happily unmarried couple :-) We'll be at CTI next week. I just wanted to let you know that "couples" are couples regardless of marital status! ENJOY your vacation!

    Carey

  4. #4

    Default

    We've been to Couples many times and never paid any attention to who was wearing wedding rings and who wasn't. You will not feel out of place just because you are not married. The resort's name is "Couples"...not "Spouses".
    Happy & Safe Travels!

    =

  5. #5

    Default

    Well we have children older than you, but I will say, married or not doesn't matter at Couples. You will feel out of place. As far as things to do, although is plenty to do on the property, I highly recommend going off the property if only for a day. The 7 mile beach alone is worthy of a nice morning or afternoon stroll where u will find local restaurants, shops and stands selling things. The vendors can be aggressive but a polite will do. My husband went horseback and he enjoyed it despite his horse popping at the end. Lol!

    Have a great trip!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    707

    Default

    We think you will find that AGE is nothing at Couples. We are older but we have made great friends with couples 1/2 our age at Couples and we are life long friends now. Only catch is our life long friendship will be shorter than theirs.... <GRIN>

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I agree that age will have nothing to do with anythign when you get there, neither will marital status. We are going to CSA in Spetember, I am 22 and will be 7 months preggo... we are not married and probably never will be and we are both extremely happy. My suggestion: Go and have fun!! You really won't be able to help it anyway lol the fun just jumps out at you in Jamaica, especially when going to Couples!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Sweet, go to the meet up thread here on the message board and you can hook up with people that will be going the same week as you guys. You are going to have a blast and don't worry about not being married because everyone on the resort is a couple of some sort and most are young at heart. I'm sure you'll meet and have fun with lots of different types of people. Have fun!

  9. #9

    Default

    Thank you so much everyone! I was just curious to know! Glad I asked Now I am even more excited. Can anyone share other tours and should we buy them locally or before going to Jamaica? I know some websites sell the tours and excursions online...but ive never done that. We are going for 4 full days and 4 nights the fifth day we leave at 4 so we want to do two tours at least. Also, how did you like Negril? Where the beaches as beautiful as the pictures? Im staying in the atrium suite by the garden! Any comments on the rooms? Anything we should know? Thanks for your sharing thoughts!

    Priscy and Jorge <3

  10. #10

    Default

    Awesome! And thanks soo much Margi. We are so excited to go yayy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Sweet,
    You are going to love CSA's beach. It is on the long part of 7 mile beach. It is number 17 on the travel channels list of sexiest beaches. It is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. It has fine white soft sand and crystal clear blue water.

    Since you will only be there for 4 days I would recommend not doing any off site excursions. I only say this because there are so many included activities that you must do/try. Definitely do the catamaran cruise and also go snorkeling. You can also use any of the water craft on the resort (kayaks, hobie cats, water skiing, etc). Besides those activities, there is stuff going on all day (tie dye shirts, mixology class, hat/basket making, nature tour, etc) Plus, you can take a left once you hit the beach and just walk and walk and check out local vendors, bars, shops, and really soak in the local flavor. You will definitely be coming back, so maybe do something then. We have been 3 times and have never done one off site excursion.

    You are going to paradise. A very cool, laid back and beautiful resort with great food and drinkand service. I have never stayed in the Atrium room, but I have heard they are very comfortable with big verandahs and are the only category that has a hammock. Try to request one towards the middle of the resort because I've heard the ones over by the Palms can be kind of loud because of the restaurant noise.

    I'm so jealous of you. We don't go again until next year. Let me know if you have any other questions. CSA ROCKS!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Totally agree with Margi on this one. 5 days/4 nights is not long enough to try a true all-day excursion off-resort. By the time you take advantage of the Cat Cruise, Margaritaville, bonfire, Beach Party, exploring up and down the beach, all of the watersports, relaxing, drinking, eating, and everything else included on-resort, it will be time to go back to reality. Definitely try the Intro to Scuba that's included, if you haven't done it before. Then, on your last day, go to the Tour Desk and make a list of everything you might want to try off-resort, and save that for your next trips, which I guarantee will be at least 7 nights. Enjoy!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Sweet,
    You are going to love CSA's beach. It is on the long part of 7 mile beach. It is number 17 on the travel channels list of sexiest beaches. It is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. It has fine white soft sand and crystal clear blue water.

    Since you will only be there for 4 days I would recommend not doing any off site excursions. I only say this because there are so many included activities that you must do/try. Definitely do the catamaran cruise and also go snorkeling. You can also use any of the water craft on the resort (kayaks, hobie cats, water skiing, etc). Besides those activities, there is stuff going on all day (tie dye shirts, mixology class, hat/basket making, nature tour, etc) Plus, you can take a left once you hit the beach and just walk and walk and check out local vendors, bars, shops, and really soak in the local flavor. You will definitely be coming back, so maybe do something then. We have been 3 times and have never done one off site excursion.

    You are going to paradise. A very cool, laid back and beautiful resort with great food and drinkand service. I have never stayed in the Atrium room, but I have heard they are very comfortable with big verandahs and are the only category that has a hammock. Try to request one towards the middle of the resort because I've heard the ones over by the Palms can be kind of loud because of the restaurant noise.

    I'm so jealous of you. We don't go again until next year. Let me know if you have any other questions. CSA ROCKS!
    WOW im so excited! Ahh...are all the courses included within the resort at no cost? How about the scuba diving..I know you have to be certified which i might get soon. Do you know anything about the dives? Also, are there any off sites that are not all day? Your right about not doing tours but I would like to explore just a tad bit haha....I heard the Dunns river is way to far and ull of tourist. I would like to explore at least something of site because I heard Jamaica is full of fun things. Also, do you know if our hotel is private and closed? Meaning that no other tourist off the beach cant go inside. I went to DR Punta Cana, and I was able to go into other resorts pools and bars? Does couples do that for others on the beach? And can we go into other resorts sinces its on the same 7 miles beach. DR wasnt strict on that which was pretty cool because we got to see others etc/ Let me know! And thanks a bunch for your advice!!!!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpriscy17 View Post
    WOW im so excited! Ahh...are all the courses included within the resort at no cost? How about the scuba diving..I know you have to be certified which i might get soon. Do you know anything about the dives? Also, are there any off sites that are not all day? Your right about not doing tours but I would like to explore just a tad bit haha....I heard the Dunns river is way to far and ull of tourist. I would like to explore at least something of site because I heard Jamaica is full of fun things. Also, do you know if our hotel is private and closed? Meaning that no other tourist off the beach cant go inside. I went to DR Punta Cana, and I was able to go into other resorts pools and bars? Does couples do that for others on the beach? And can we go into other resorts sinces its on the same 7 miles beach. DR wasnt strict on that which was pretty cool because we got to see others etc/ Let me know! And thanks a bunch for your advice!!!!

    So true! I guess in our next Jamaica trip we can do the tours thansk soo much both of you for your suggestions! Very much appreciated <3

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    209

    Default

    The beach is Beautiful!! We stayed in the atrium suites and loved them, the verandah was large and the hammock was a nice plus. I agree with everyone else...not enough time to go off resort other than a stroll down the beach. There's plenty to do with the snorkeling, glass bottom boat, diving, hobie cat, paddle boat, night time entertainment and don't forget sitting at the lovely beach bars Enjoy!!!!
    Attachment 17111
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna


    CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpriscy17 View Post
    So true! I guess in our next Jamaica trip we can do the tours thansk soo much both of you for your suggestions! Very much appreciated <3
    Wife (28) and I (31) will be there July 28-Aug 4th

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Sweet,
    You can do an initial scuba dive for FREE! They give you a couple tests like swimming for a certain amount of time without stopping and they also ask if you have any medical problems. Check out a scuba thread to find out the details, but your first dive is free so go for it.

    As far as them knowing who's supposed to be on the resort, etc.....there are guards positioned at either end of the beach. When you leave, they get your name/room number. People can walk by at the waters edge, but they can't go up into the resort. At Couples you don't have to wear one of those nasty/silly wrist bands, they just know you (another part of the great service). I'm not sure about you guys having access to other AI resorts, but I'll bet not.

    Really, CSA is large and so there is a lot to check out and with the seemingly endless beach you have many options for fun along the way. I think we are going to go on the One Love Bus Crawl (I think that is the name) next year when we go. From what I've read they take you to different bars for a couple drinks at each and this includes the cliff area.

    I think if you keep reading this message board you will get tons of info on everything. Make sure to let us know what you think after you get back. And yes, Dunn's River is on the other side of the island. It's neat, but too far. Also, all of the courses offered are free. If you want to do a tie dye t-shirt, bring a couple plain white T's from home. Make sure to check out the sports complex across the street too.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Sweet,
    You can do an initial scuba dive for FREE! They give you a couple tests like swimming for a certain amount of time without stopping and they also ask if you have any medical problems. Check out a scuba thread to find out the details, but your first dive is free so go for it.

    As far as them knowing who's supposed to be on the resort, etc.....there are guards positioned at either end of the beach. When you leave, they get your name/room number. People can walk by at the waters edge, but they can't go up into the resort. At Couples you don't have to wear one of those nasty/silly wrist bands, they just know you (another part of the great service). I'm not sure about you guys having access to other AI resorts, but I'll bet not.

    Really, CSA is large and so there is a lot to check out and with the seemingly endless beach you have many options for fun along the way. I think we are going to go on the One Love Bus Crawl (I think that is the name) next year when we go. From what I've read they take you to different bars for a couple drinks at each and this includes the cliff area.

    I think if you keep reading this message board you will get tons of info on everything. Make sure to let us know what you think after you get back. And yes, Dunn's River is on the other side of the island. It's neat, but too far. Also, all of the courses offered are free. If you want to do a tie dye t-shirt, bring a couple plain white T's from home. Make sure to check out the sports complex across the street too.
    AMAZING Margi! Do you know how long the classes are? I cant believe they are free... thats awesome! Where do they take you diving and after how many classes? Are the classes all day? Thanks soo much Margi you've been super helpful

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasJohnny View Post
    Wife (28) and I (31) will be there July 28-Aug 4th
    No way!? Amazing then I guess I will see you guys there! I will be there just 5 days. Wish i wouldve booked longer instead, but oh well maybe next time. Is this your first time at Couples Swept Away Negril? What are you guys planning to do at Jamaica...besides eating, beach and drinking? Ive been researching alot lol

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    I have never done the scuba thing myself, but from what I understand they start in the morning with the testing and teaching and then you take an afternoon dive--not sure where. Make sure to check out the scuba info here on the website. Since I have never taken advantage of this perk I'm not exactly sure the specifics. If you do this, I would love to know how it was.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpriscy17 View Post
    AMAZING Margi! Do you know how long the classes are? I cant believe they are free... thats awesome! Where do they take you diving and after how many classes? Are the classes all day? Thanks soo much Margi you've been super helpful
    If you do the free Intro to Diving, the class is in the morning, around 8:30a, for a couple hours. When the morning dive boat with the certified divers comes back in around 10:30a, the intro divers head out on the boat to a shallow reef, about 30ft deep, for one dive, then you head back in, so the whole thing takes about 4 hours tops. Do it for sure! Diving kicks a$$!

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    If you do the free Intro to Diving, the class is in the morning, around 8:30a, for a couple hours. When the morning dive boat with the certified divers comes back in around 10:30a, the intro divers head out on the boat to a shallow reef, about 30ft deep, for one dive, then you head back in, so the whole thing takes about 4 hours tops. Do it for sure! Diving kicks a$$!
    AMAZING thank you so much. Ok wait but i dont have my PADI or any certification for diving! Can i still do the single intro dive with the course? AH!!!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    73

    Default

    @ sweet.... Yes!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpriscy17 View Post
    AMAZING thank you so much. Ok wait but i dont have my PADI or any certification for diving! Can i still do the single intro dive with the course? AH!!!!
    Yes, the Intro dive is for non-certified divers.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post
    @ sweet.... Yes!!
    WOW. I cant wait then! Hopefully i dont freak out. Ive never done a dive before nor been so deep in the waters. Sounds scary. Anyone that has gone for their first time? I'd love to hear your experiences with the diving! Also, are the pools open late? thanks sooo much. So happy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •