Default Feeling a wee bit guilty now

So Jim and I can't go to our beloved CSA every year. We didn't go this past April but are booked for next April, only 295 days to go! Teehee! Anyway my 74 year old dad has discovered cruising and invited us Las January which we declined because of $$$. They booked again for next March and we simply can't do both as much as I would like to. However I'm not sure Jim would like that. He likes his inlaws but still, traveling with them might be a different story. I want to cruise with pops in the future for sure. Anyone else have this dilemma?

Softail19, even though I have never had this dilemma to ponder over, my suggestion to you is this.......GO WITH YOUR 74 year old DAD (& Mom)!!

My guess would be that Couples and their 4 wonderful locations won't be shutting down anytime soon ~ spend as much time with you dad/parents as you can ~ especially if they are still able to get around decently & enjoy doing things such as cruising!!!

I am in my almost mid 40's and lost my mom when I was only 10 years old. For the next 30 years, my dad was my hero ~ he was my go-to-guy for everything. It's been a little over 3 years since he left me and this crazy world and I would give anything to be able to have the chance to travel ANYWHERE with him...... just one more time!!! There was still so much more I wanted to do with my dad, so many places I wish I could have seen with my dad and so many things I still needed to learn from my dad. Had I known that cancer was going to take him within 5 months, I would have made every effort to make a million more memories during those last precious months! It's nice to look forward to possible future travel plans......but I wouldn't put it off for too long!

Maybe you could go on a cruise with them next March & they could go to CSA with you the following year! Show him (them) why you and your hubby love CSA so much ~ they just might end up lovin' it too!!!

Just had to voice my 2 cents worth.... The best of luck with whatever you decide to do. I know what I'd do if I were in your shoes!

~Deb~

Thanks Deb, I know that's what I want to do. My parents would never go to Couples because of the price. They drive down to Galveston to catch the ship to save money but eventually they will have to try something else.
    I know what you mean, I lost my mom 8 years ago and miss her alot and I sure don't get to see my dad and stepmother ( they live in Ok), as much as I would like for sure. I will find a way. Thanks for your response.

We normally cruise in Dec and plan to go to CSS in the spring each year but after going to CSS our first time in April 2012 we think this Dec will be our last cruise. We rather go to CSS twice a year instead. To bad our cruise is paid for already.

As much as we love Couples if my Mom/Dad wanted to go on vacation with us ANYWHERE it would be a no brainier! Mom and Dad it would be.