Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Catamaran Cruise?

I've read it a few times in various message posts but is it true?
    Is the Catamaran Cruise really no longer available at CTI?

Its discontinued August 1st I believe. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

That was the news from a few months ago. There was a thread that announced it, but some negative comments were deleted and the thread was closed, so apparently they wanted the news to die and aren't really interested in the guests' input.

Quote Originally Posted by M&N View Post
    I've read it a few times in various message posts but is it true?
    Is the Catamaran Cruise really no longer available at CTI?
    Yes it is. I'm getting married there on the 23rd and all 38 people who are coming to my wedding reserved a spot on the catamaran cruise for Friday at 330

Just for CTI?????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer49 View Post
    Just for CTI?????
    CSS does not have the cruise and apparently the company and Couples could not come to a reasonable contract.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiesumiebradley View Post
    Yes it is. I'm getting married there on the 23rd and all 38 people who are coming to my wedding reserved a spot on the catamaran cruise for Friday at 330
    How did you reserve before arrival? I thought that nothing could be reserved except private dinners prior to arrival to insure that all guests had equal opportunity.
    Vicky

that's what I was wondering, Vicky.... :-S

We will be vacationing at Couples for the first time this September, staying at CTI, and were SOOOOO disappointed when it was announced that the catamaran cruise was being discontinued. While it wasn't the deciding factor, it certainly was a consideration in our decision-making process. It seems so odd that there aren't plenty of other vendors with which Couples could contract for this excursion. It is also disappointing that with the cancellation of the both the catamaran cruise and the horseback riding excursions there is less inclusion but prices went up anyway

Cat Cruise was up and running at CTI when we were just there last week.... cant confirm anything about the other resorts but at CTI everything was still going

I remember it being discontinued and under the Couples All Inclusive Site http://couples.com/all-inclusive.php it shows that only CSA and CN have the catamaran cruise.

However, they have not removed the catamaran cruise from the schedule of activities at Tower Islehttp://http://couples.com/tower-isle...s-schedule.pdf , but thats probably an oversight

Its too bad about losing the catamaran and horseback riding- those were our favorite included excursions.
    http://couples.com/tower-isle/activities-schedule.pdf

There is still climbing the DRF at CSS and CTI and CN & CSA do not have waterfall climbing included. As for other resorts, motor water sports are not included. So we still consider Couples an excellent choice.
    Vicky

Sorry i am new to these boards but since the catamaran and horseback riding isnt included can you still pay for those excursions and do them if you are staying at CTI?

the catamaran at CTI was running while we were there from June 5-11...I know towards the end of our stay they were bussing people to a different location because the wind was too strong, but it was running...we had to cancel our res

We were there (CTI) from June 5-11, and the catamaran was running...the only thing was, towards the end of our stay they weren't leaving from the CTI beach because it was too windy; they were shuttling people to another location (not sure if CSS)...we had to cancel our res

Quote Originally Posted by kmmckoon13 View Post
    Sorry i am new to these boards but since the catamaran and horseback riding isnt included can you still pay for those excursions and do them if you are staying at CTI?
    Yes. There is a desk to the left just inside the lobby where you can book any extra excursions. Many excursions will start at about $65 and go up from there depending on how much you want to do while you are out.

The catamaran cruise is still being offered until August 1.
    Vicky

It was announced in the spring the cruise will be discontinued when the current contract runs out later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky Gomez View Post
    No need to double post. They are sometimes slow in updating the message board with posts. You're post will eventually show up, you just have to give them time.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Hopefully management will look into adding something else to the package. While I LOVED CTI the Cat cruise was really the only thing beside snorkeling that we used.

We wanted to take the Hobie Cats out but they had an excuse EVERY single day. It was too windy, not windy enough, it was looking like rain, the water was too rough, the water was too calm, the water was too wet......etc......

What it came down to was they were simply too lazy to carry the Hobies off the hill. One morning a bunch of muscle bound guests simply went and carried them off the hill themselves and took them out. NO problems at all. It is a shame to offer a inclusion then have the staff not want to help with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Hopefully management will look into adding something else to the package. While I LOVED CTI the Cat cruise was really the only thing beside snorkeling that we used.

We wanted to take the Hobie Cats out but they had an excuse EVERY single day. It was too windy, not windy enough, it was looking like rain, the water was too rough, the water was too calm, the water was too wet......etc......

What it came down to was they were simply too lazy to carry the Hobies off the hill. One morning a bunch of muscle bound guests simply went and carried them off the hill themselves and took them out. NO problems at all. It is a shame to offer a inclusion then have the staff not want to help with it.

It is disappointing that the catamaran cruise will be discontinued and I would have to somewhat agree with your comment on using the hobies. The staff at CTI is terrific and the main reason that we are repeaters (booked our 4th and 5th return trips to couples) however, we have always felt that the watersport staff have seemed a bit resistant in letting you take out the boats and it's somewhat of an inconvenience for them when you walk up to the hut to schedule an activity or ask question.

Well that's a bunch of BS....

We have a group of 14 arriving this saturday 6/23 and we already have our group booked on the catamaran cruise for Tuesday 6/26 so it is in fact still up and running.

When were large groups able to start booking excursions before they even arrive and have room numbers??? I hope this is not what is happening... it is possible therefore that a COUPLE (two people) who are already at the resort wouldn't be able to get on an excursion because a large group has already booked it. That is unacceptable. I sincerely hope this is a misunderstanding within the group.

The original thread announcing the discontinuation stated the effective date is August 20, 2012.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...ight=catamaran

Completely agree the rest of the staff at CTI are AMAZING! It is just the water sports people that seem to be lacking initiative when it comes to guest satisfaction. There was even a guest there that was a Physical Education teacher who just so happen to be the coach for a sailing team in Massachusetts. He BEGGED them daily to take the Hobies out and he was turned down every time. His name was Mr. King. Two other forum posters, Liquid and Chello, were there also that week and I am sure they will remember a lot of people complaining.

We had just come from the Gemmy resort a few miles up the road and took the Hobies out daily with no problems. Other then this one issue we adored our time at CTI!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast