Thread: gay couples

Default gay couples

how comfortable will a gay couple be in your resort? Will we be welcomed? or tolerated? how often do you see a gay couple in your resort?

On the resort you will be fine...Couples is for all couples in love and I think (HOPE) all guests would be very respectful of any couples. Jamaica is not friendly, so if you are off the resort, just be careful about PDA...I hope I worded that respectfully enough.

I hope you go and you and your partner have a WONDERFUL time. We have seen gay couples there and have never noticed guests or staff treat anyone any differently.

I can't answer for the resort and we have only been once so far. I didn't notice any gay couples on our trip but I guess I wasn't really looking either. I just can't imagine that you wouldn't be welcomed. It is a beautiful, romantic place and we met lots of nice people, staff and guests alike.

My best friend is gay and I wish we could share in the joy of Couples, but she feels that going to a more "gay-oriented" vacation spot would be more comfortable for her and her partner. I don't think Couples restricts same-sex couples but I don't think the lifestyle is as accepted in Jamaica as it is in the U.S. (we're coming along!) If you're used to going places where people might stare or be a little offended and you don't really care, then it might be fine. But if you're looking to fit right in, unfortunately, that might not be the case. I've been to CSA twice and have never seen a same-sex couple. My gay-dar did ping on a few of the employees, though!

I have seen gay couples there but they are extremely discreet in public. I personally dont have any issues with this, but Jamaica isn't the most gay friendly country.

kelly

had a newlywed lesbian couple at css when we were there..looked to be having as much fun as the rest of us

I have met at least one gay couple during each of my 5 stays at Couples resorts. No one cares as long as you are in love.
    However, the friendly welcome you receive at Couples will not be echoed outside the resort especially if public displays of affection occur outside the resort. Jamaica as a country is not welcoming to gays.
    I do know several of the workers at the resort are gay.

I hate that we even have to ask this question in 2012, but I also understand. I hope to meet some gay couples on our trip to CTI next week. I love LOVE. Period. I wouldn't expect anyone to disparage a gay couple on vacation, but then, not all humans understand. I'll come back to this thread after our trip next week and let you now if we are lucky enough to share our time with a same-sex couple or two. I hope we are!!

we did not see any at CSA a few weeks ago either..(not that we were looking).. we did meet a few gay employees, but I can't say the same for the guests..Majority seemed to be heterosexual..

The resort welcomes all Couples in love. The issue is when you go off the resort, Jamaica is not a gay friendly country. So if you leave resort, just do not hold hands or anything else.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    I hate that we even have to ask this question in 2012, but I also understand. I hope to meet some gay couples on our trip to CTI next week. I love LOVE. Period. I wouldn't expect anyone to disparage a gay couple on vacation, but then, not all humans understand. I'll come back to this thread after our trip next week and let you now if we are lucky enough to share our time with a same-sex couple or two. I hope we are!!
    Unfortunately you do have to ask that question. Although the lesbian and gay communities have made great strides, many people still feel the way they do against them. The same goes for certain parts of our country and abroad which is why its better to be safe than sorry. Who wants to vacation somewhere where they don't feel welcome? It sucks but its the reality of things.

I have never seen a gay couple at CSA, thought not making any special effort to look, but have seen many in Puerto Vallarta which is very gay friendly from what I could tell.

We been to all the couples location and I never seen or heard anyone having a problem with gay couples. You will fit in we are all COUPLES'S
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners