Default Vow Renewal - Need an Idea

My husband works overseas and we are meeting in Jamaica in November (for our third visit to Couples) and I am surprising him for our anniversary to renew our vows. It's easy to keep the surprise because he's overseas and he's not around to see the planning.

I'm having problems coming up with a creative way to tell him once we get to Jamaica (or on the plane) that we are renewing our vows. Any ideas?

Kelly

Hi Kelly, my husband works overseas as well. He is presently in Russia and will be there for another month, for a total of 2 1/2 months this time. We are heading to Couples October 18th and it will be all that much more special because we have been apart for so long. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversay...I hadn't thought much about vow renewals, only about sand, sun and love. And being together, just the two of us, for 10 glorious days in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeandKellyT View Post
    My husband works overseas and we are meeting in Jamaica in November (for our third visit to Couples) and I am surprising him for our anniversary to renew our vows. It's easy to keep the surprise because he's overseas and he's not around to see the planning.

I'm having problems coming up with a creative way to tell him once we get to Jamaica (or on the plane) that we are renewing our vows. Any ideas?

Kelly
    You can write him a letter and have Randymon to call and read it.When we were there someone asked the waitress to spell it out on a plate with chocolate will you marry me again. I thought that was cute. Good luck coming up with something.

It is special after you have been away for awhile. By the time we get to Jamaica it will be four months since we have seen each other. I have our flights set so we meet in Atlanta and fly to Jamaica together. We'll be there for 13 days this time - the longest we've stayed. We are both looking towards getting away and reconnecting. Have a great time. Happy Anniversary.

How about a desert plate with will you marry me...again? written on it on your first night at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDance View Post
    How about a desert plate with will you marry me...again? written on it on your first night at dinner.
    You were reading my mind perfect idea!!!!!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

I thought about that - but I don't think I can keep it from him once we meet in Atlanta. I'll probably carry my dress on the plane and he'll wonder what it is. Even if I put my dress with our checkin luggage he'll probably see it once we start unpacking in the room. If I check it in - I can do something special in the room before we start unpacking if not, I'll have to figure out something in the airport or on the plane. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

How about talking to the stewardess when you board the plane and see if she'll make an announcement about it being your anniversary and then have her ask if he will marry you again at the resort? If you have a "fun" flight crew they will sometimes do special little things like that for you.

Default use the brochure

When you get on the plane you can pull out the couples brochure and on the pages of the wedding or vow renewal you can have a little sticky note saying "Will you marry me again?"

If you can't wait, I would see if the flight crew would do it. Just try to get on the plane ASAP, then tell him you have to check on something and ask the stewards if they will do that. Have your names and something written on paper to give them so they can read it. Might be eaiser?
    Have fun and what a great surprise for him.

We will be there in November too, 5-12. Getting married on the beach Nov 7. Maybe we will see you?

Apprentice - we won't be arriving until 17 November. Congratulations on your wedding.

I think I am going to try and pack my dress on our checkon hangup bag. It's not a large dress with a train so I may be able to do if (If I get off the plane in Atlanta with a dress in hand he'll know something is up right away), that way I can do the desert plate idea or plan something in our room when we first arrive.

Does anyone know how I can arrange it beforehand? I'm sure since we haven't see each other for months, he's going to be by my side so I won't be able to get away to set it up.

Thank you guys again for all of your suggestions.

i too am surprising someone - my wife.
    so far i've told her that she needs a formal dress for a private dinner
    i'll probably wear a suit w/ bow tie
    as far as telling her -
    the plan so far is to have flowers (maybe her bouquet) delivered to the room the morning of the ceremony with a note basically stating will you marry me again (to be written)
    anyways, thats my idea.
    good luck with yours.
    when is yours? my 20th is 11/11 (easy to remember ;-P)

Our vow renewal will be 19 Nov. I think I have decided to write him a letter and give it to him when we board the plane in Atlanta. He will know something is up when I step off the plane in Atlanta with dress in hand. We've never had our luggage lost but just as sure as I put the dress on our checkin luggage it will get lost. Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation.