Default Should I upgrade???

We are going to CSS in February and I have a couple more questions if I may.
    1) Being a first timer, I didnt really know what room type to get. My travel agent doesnt seem to be very knowlegable about Couples so I booked a Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite thinking that it would be a good decision on rooms. From what I have read ,there are no bad rooms at the resort.However, I am thinking about calling and maybe switching room types. Is that possible? and what would the advantages be to switching to a Beachfront 1 bedroom??
    2) What is the best time to have your dinner reservations made for? We dont want dinner to interfere with the nightly entertainment. Thanks to everyone...Im sure that Ill have more questions

We always stay in B Block since we are lazy and like to roll out of bed onto the beach and IMHO the room rates aren't that much different from each other. The drawback to some is the small balcony for the beachfront room. We find for the price we are willing to have the beachfront suite, that being said you can always keep what you have and save some money or if you have resort credit, you can use that to upgrade

Dinner:
    you can book the dinners that day or for the whole week, for anytime since the restaurants last seating is 9 or 9:30 which is about the time the evening entertainment starts, if you like late dinners the cassanova would give you both if you sit outside, you will be able to see the entertainment while finishing dinner

(If you can't get the time or restaurant you want, they will work with you for example we wanted dinner at the pallazina for 7pm since they were booked for that time, they had other times available, they offered the cassanove for 6:30 which we took.

kelly

Hello Newguy,

The Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suites are nice but our favorite is the One Bedroom Ocean Suite. Both of these classes of rooms have nice balconies to enjoy beautiful views, breakfast and lounging. The Beachfronts, as Kelly mentioned, have a smaller balcony. Here's the deal...you won't spend a lot of time in your room so save the money and enjoy the resort.

As for dinner...you can have it pretty much whenever you want during dinner hours. The key is either scheduling your dinners at Palazzina or Casanova not to conflict with the nightly entertainment, which typically starts about 9 PM, or eating at the Bella Vista...where reservations are not needed. Oh, and there's one other option...dinner in your room (or on the balcony), which is really something to try.

Enjoy your stay!

Bart & Bug

I have said this before, but for those who don't know... not all of the One Bedroom Ocean Suites have nice balconies with good views. I know personally from staying in one and viewing the other one while we were there that D9 and D11 do NOT have any view of anything but the back of another building and some trees... ocean is not visible no matter what from these two One Bedroom Ocean Suites, and also these two have teensy balconies you can barely have two people on at the same time, and there is only a tiny round metal table with two uncomfortable metal chairs... no loungers and no view. However........ the rooms themselves are very nice on the inside, and their location is really central.

I really wish CSS would re-class these two rooms in a different category... the lack of view and large usable balcony is contrary to the description of this room category.

We did not ask to be moved, but we were somewhat disappointed with the balcony and lack of any view.

So just an FYI to anybody booking a one bedroom ocean suite.... if you get either one of these rooms, be informed that you will not have an ocean view or a balcony to relax on.... if you can live with that (we did) you'll be fine... these rooms are close to the beach and you can go outside and around to the front of the building for a nice view... just can't get the view from the privacy of your own balcony.

We love CSS and it's our favorite Couples Resort... I just am concerned with people mis-informing newbies by saying "every room has an ocean view" and "every one bedroom ocean suite has a large balcony and ocean view" because that is not true. Just trying to keep the right info out there.

Please CSS... re-classify these two rooms to a different category!

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    I have said this before, but for those who don't know... not all of the One Bedroom Ocean Suites have nice balconies with good views. I know personally from staying in one and viewing the other one while we were there that D9 and D11 do NOT have any view of anything but the back of another building and some trees... ocean is not visible no matter what from these two One Bedroom Ocean Suites, and also these two have teensy balconies you can barely have two people on at the same time, and there is only a tiny round metal table with two uncomfortable metal chairs... no loungers and no view. However........ the rooms themselves are very nice on the inside, and their location is really central.

I really wish CSS would re-class these two rooms in a different category... the lack of view and large usable balcony is contrary to the description of this room category.

We did not ask to be moved, but we were somewhat disappointed with the balcony and lack of any view.

So just an FYI to anybody booking a one bedroom ocean suite.... if you get either one of these rooms, be informed that you will not have an ocean view or a balcony to relax on.... if you can live with that (we did) you'll be fine... these rooms are close to the beach and you can go outside and around to the front of the building for a nice view... just can't get the view from the privacy of your own balcony.

We love CSS and it's our favorite Couples Resort... I just am concerned with people mis-informing newbies by saying "every room has an ocean view" and "every one bedroom ocean suite has a large balcony and ocean view" because that is not true. Just trying to keep the right info out there.

Please CSS... re-classify these two rooms to a different category!
    We totally agree. We also had D9 and were dissappointed with the non-view and very, very tiny balcony. Yes, the room was fine and not knowing any better did not ask to change rooms. We love to spend time on our balcony and enjoy beautiful ocean views. We chose a penthouse for our next trip in December because we didn't want to risk getting these rooms. They really should be re-classified. Thanks for keeping everyone informed.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Rubigal04 and redy4vac, I have to agree. The first year we went, I was expecting a large balcony when I booked a one bedroom. However, we got put in D block, on one of the lower floors, and had the small balcony, although the view was of the ocean. I even asked them at the front desk if it really was a one bedroom because of the description and picture's on the web site, and they said it was. We did not ask to change rooms either, but mostly because of the location, and the fact we weren't sure how much we would use it.

I have made the same type of comment on other threads to try and keep the expectations real also. So thanks Rubigal04.
    Linda