Default what to pack/not to pack

We are going to be at negril for our honeymoon June 26-July 3! I am not seeing any messages about what to pack and what to leave at home. Can anyone give us a little help, I dont want to get there and wish I would have brought something, or get there and have too much stuff taken up good space!
    Thanks.
    15 days until paradise!!

If I can get this to link, its a pretty comprehensive list.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...at-quot-thread

That all depends on many things, but there is a huge thread about this here on the boards. I like short and long maxi dresses as well as beach wraps and cover Ups. That's basically what my suitcase consisted of along with several pairs of flip flops, and three dresses for evening wears with sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by honeymoonjune2012 View Post
    We are going to be at negril for our honeymoon June 26-July 3! I am not seeing any messages about what to pack and what to leave at home. Can anyone give us a little help, I dont want to get there and wish I would have brought something, or get there and have too much stuff taken up good space!
    Thanks.
    15 days until paradise!!
    Do a search "wish I would have thought of that" it is pretty helpfull. We are going to CSA the same time that you are in negril we are flying continental/ united if your flying on that we will be on same shuttle.

C'mon anyone out there with some good advice?

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I posted a thread last Friday on exactly that topic...what I wish I had left at home!
    Enjoy your trip!

Take bathing suits and cover ups and casual dresses to wear to dinner and leave all the other stuff at home. I have been there 8 times and this much I have learned.

Leave the beach towels at home. You get them at the resort and they do the laundry. I take sundresses for the less formal restaurants that can also be used at swimsuit coverups. The first year, I took sandals and jewelry to match each outfit. Not anymore. I take a light shawl for the AC restaurants and bar. Make up melts off me in Jamaica, so I don't take much. Don't forget to take some mosquito repellent. We like the wipes, although at CTI, we have never had to use it, yet. After sun lotion with aloe. I like Banana Boat. Take a couple of plastic bags to put your wet suits in if they are not dry when it's time to pack up for home. Also good for stashing any shells you find on the beach.
    Vicky

Leave the heels at home (wear flip flops or wedges), leave the excess jewelry at home-I usually wear my jewelry for the week on the plane, leave the curling iron at home- I do bring my flat iron though to straighten out the frizzies, I agree about makeup- less is truly more when it is so hot & humid, unless you are very particular about your snorkel gear, leave that at home and borrow what they have on site- it is such a hassle to drag your own along, I do bring a medical kit (Pepto tablets, benedryl, band aids, antibiotic cream, aspirin, mosquito repellent, aloe) as something always seems to happen to me on vacation!! I also bring a scented candle and room spray to offset any mustiness in the room. As far as clothing, 2 swim suits, 2 coverups, aqua shoes, tennis shoes, socks, undergarments, sandals, 1 t shirt, 1 pair of shorts and 4 cotton sundresses for evening wear. That is pretty much it- less is more- loose fitting clothing is best as you will sweat.

I thought of something else.

I wear my athletic shoes and pack my flip flops. Reasons are--the thought of walking barefoot through security where thousands of others walk through and many barefoot, grosses me out. Easier to get through airports in athletic shoes, at least for me. Then there is the whole weight factor. Flip flops are much lighter to pack and take up a lot less room than athletic shoes. I use the gym & go on the power walks offered at CTI (so I can enjoy all the food and beverages) so I do need my athletic shoes.

Oh, I thought of another thing, at CTI bathrobes are provided. I don't know about CN, so that saves space.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by honeymoonjune2012 View Post
    C'mon anyone out there with some good advice?
    The MB is moderated. All posts are submitted for review by a moderator and do not appear on the MB until reviewed and approved. It's not uncommon for the MB to go for days without being updated (especially on the weekends), so while there could be dozens of responses that have been submitted, they won't actually appear for quite some time. I always chuckle at people who submit a question the night before they leave and say they need immediate responses. It's not going to happen.

Consider the MB your pre-trip training in "Jamaica time." Relax. Have some patience. Responses will appear, even if not as quickly as you'd like.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

IMO, it really depends on you. You can get by with a carry-on for more than a week. Or you can bring a huge bag. You NEED a lot less than you think. However, you may WANT to bring a lot more than you need.

For all restaurants other than Otaheite, shorts are OK for men and women. Of course, you may want to bring dresses and slacks, as appropriate. You can wear boat shoes or sandals or even tennis shoes every night. You may want to bring heels. You can get by with 2 bathing suits (women). You may want 3-4. Get the picture?

It all depends on your preferences. If (like us), you want to do a carry on. You can. If you want to use your vacation as a chance to dress up, wear lots of different items, etc. You can.

It's up to you. The ONLY thing to keep in mind is that if you want to go to Otaheite, bring long pants and a collared shirt for the guy and pants, skirt or dress for the gal.

I got soooo sick of rubbing on sunscreen..would take the spray on kind next time.

I bring my wife. She packs everything!

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by chacy View Post
    I got soooo sick of rubbing on sunscreen..would take the spray on kind next time.
    The spray goes quickly. Also, if you are using outside, you loose a lot in the breeze.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Leave the beach towels at home. You get them at the resort and they do the laundry. I take sundresses for the less formal restaurants that can also be used at swimsuit coverups. The first year, I took sandals and jewelry to match each outfit. Not anymore. I take a light shawl for the AC restaurants and bar. Make up melts off me in Jamaica, so I don't take much. Don't forget to take some mosquito repellent. We like the wipes, although at CTI, we have never had to use it, yet. After sun lotion with aloe. I like Banana Boat. Take a couple of plastic bags to put your wet suits in if they are not dry when it's time to pack up for home. Also good for stashing any shells you find on the beach.
    Vickyj and clkbjk...good advice!!! CN does have bathrobes as well. The bathrooms have bodywash and shampoo, but no conditioner. I usually take a swimsuit for each day b/c they don't dry quickly in the tropical air, a couple pair of shorts with tops I can mix and match with and a couple of sundresses. I usually am fine with one pair of flip flops for the day. I made the mistake of taking flip flops to match each outfit the first time...big mistake, ended up wearing the same pair each day.
    Congrats and Enjoy!!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013