Thread: Zip Line

Default Zip Line

My wife and I will be at CTI in two weeks and are intersted in doing the zip line tour, has anyone tried this and if so how was it? Prices?

Thanks,

Lee & Crystal Waltman
    May 2010 CTI
    July 2012 CTI

we did the zipline tour last month with the river float combo...only 3 ziplines ..I was suprised..price pretty steep 110 a piece.Don't forget tip money for driver and workers there..they definately want one..I would have liked to have been heavily medicated for Mr. Toads wild ride up there..or a blindfold would have helped.next time gonna stay on the naked beach where its nice and safe!

We went ziplining through chukka tours. It was $110 a person and had about 10 lines altogether. We were both really excited about it and were kind of diappointed. I'm deathly afraid of heights but i went as a wedding present for him and by the 3rd line i was kinda bored with it. Dont get me wrong, we're both happy that we did something that we've always wanted to do but i think we both went in with such high expectations and it just wasnt worth the money. Our ride there and back was great since we had a great driver who also brought us to a jerk chicken spot on the way back to the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by LEEWALTMAN View Post
    My wife and I will be at CTI in two weeks and are intersted in doing the zip line tour, has anyone tried this and if so how was it? Prices?

Thanks,

Lee & Crystal Waltman
    May 2010 CTI
    July 2012 CTI

Hey! We just left CSS 2 days ago, very sad..but we did the zipline thru Chukka and LOVED IT!! I was very hesitant and NERVOUS beyond belief, but the guides were wonderful!! They will assist you in all ways possible to make it an awesome experience..There were 9 runs, and by the 2nd-3rd run I was having a blast-even opened my eyes..lol..Price was $100 or so and very well worth it!

If this link works correctly, this is a video of my first zipline experience at DRF. I'm terrified of heights, and can't believe I'm sharing this with the world, but here you go!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

There were five lines, I think. The one in this video stretched all the way down the falls and was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I probably won't do it again because of my fear, but I'm glad I did it once! We used Island Routes and I think it was around $90 pp, but I think the guys helping you through the ziplines worked for DRF, not the excursion company. There were about six guys helping us and they made me fill very safe... and kept us cracking up the whole time! "The bus can swim, Mon!"
    Everyting irie, mon!