Thread: July Weather

Default July Weather

We are going to CN in mid July for our honeymoon and have been periodically checking the weather and it looks pretty dark, cloudy, and rainy I know Caribbean weather can change pretty quickly and summer storms are common (as it is technically "hurricane season"), but was wondering if anyone has been this time of year and if we can expect some sun...or if we will be spending it inside.

Thanks! Can't wait either way!

How can anyone possibly predict what weather will be like next month? I really don't get it when someone asks this type of question.

It is rainy season; it is hurricane season; Mother Nature does not tell us a month in advance what she plans to do.

You can check historical averages on a number of websites. We have often been in July and have experienced typical, tropical weather, ie, sunshine for much of the day with afternoon storms.

Others may chime in with reassurances but no one can tell you anything that you don't already know.

Hope it is a wonderful honeymoon for you.

Never fear, you will have sun. The weather report for Negril always reads clouds and rain. What you will have is sun in the morning and early afternoon, a rain shower towards the later part of the day, clear night.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

We have been to Couples 4x the first week of July. The weather that week has been good. Jamaica is known to get more rain in June than in July. Congrats on your upcoming marriage. We've been to Couples 8x altogether and are booked for next year again in July. You will have a wonderful time.

Our last three visits to CN have been in July, the weather has been wonderful the vast majority of time. Seem to have the clouds build up shortly after noon and then a short shower, the clouds break up and then sun comes out. The shower is great time get some lunch or take a nap. No Worries you will have plenty of time in the sun.

I have been in JA every month of the year (except May and October)- it has rained a bit on each visit. In my experience, July and August have been the most sweltering heat wise, and a morning or afternoon rain shower has been a welcomed relief. We are returning to JA at the end of July again this year, and hope for some rain- not a washout by any means of course, but hope it does rain some to break up the intense heat. JA has the best liquid sunshine in the world!

We've been to CN three times in July and once in August. We usually had an afternoon rain that would last 10 -20 minutes. The rain cools everything off and is very refreshing, also makes for beautiful sunsets. The mornings to mid afternoon are usually sunny. Enjoy!!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

What is attractive about going in the summer time?

Just curious....

goldenboy - we've gone the last 5 July's and this July will be our 6th. I teach so the summer is the only available time we can be gone for more than a couple days. It's also less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Just curious....
    For us, the water is too cold to go between December and April. So summer it is.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    For us, the water is too cold to go between December and April. So summer it is.
    I agree...we went once in January and never again. The water was a bit chilly and it's perfect in the summer and fall months. Plus it's cheaper and less crowded.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Quote Originally Posted by thecoons View Post
    We are going to CN in mid July for our honeymoon and have been periodically checking the weather and it looks pretty dark, cloudy, and rainy I know Caribbean weather can change pretty quickly and summer storms are common (as it is technically "hurricane season"), but was wondering if anyone has been this time of year and if we can expect some sun...or if we will be spending it inside.

Thanks! Can't wait either way!
    We were married at Couples Negril on July 9th last year and the weather was gorgeous! It rained maybe for 15 or 20 minutes in the late afternoon around 2 to 3.

Have a great time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    For me it's the only time my job allows me to take a vacation, I'd much rather go any other time of year. But at least I have a job and one that does give me a vacation, so I am grateful.