Default Use resort photographer for ceremony, then off resort with outside photographer?

I am trying to think of the best, most economical way to get some great pictures.
    Our wedding is just going to be the two of us with no guests.

Today I was thinking that we could use the resort photographer for the ceremony and cake pictures and then go off resort with one of the respected photographers we have seen mentioned on this site. We would save the $500 resort fee, but then again we would have to pay an arm and a leg for the pictures we get from the resort. So confused.

Has anyone ever done this? Did it turn out ok?

Hi Amanda,
    My husband and I are renewing our vows in just a couple of weeks at CN (YAY!!!!!).. Its four of us attending. I have chosen the Tropical Package. I have also contracted Diana Campbell. She has qouted us an AMAZING deal !! So I do have the resort photographer for the ceremony and Diana for the rest...
    Photos is always a hard decision. I have been torn with this for sometime.But I the resort was way to expensive. I have read some great reviews on Diana. You should at least touch base with her. When is your wedding ??

Misha Earle's price includes the $500 resort fee. Do yourself a favor and just book her. Don't think twice about it! She is cheaper than using the resort photographer and getting all of the pictures from them. We chose our wedding date based on her availability and we don't regret it one bit. I say go with her for the whole thing, so you'll get the same style of pictures for the ceremony and off resort.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda1266 View Post
    I am trying to think of the best, most economical way to get some great pictures.
    Our wedding is just going to be the two of us with no guests.

Today I was thinking that we could use the resort photographer for the ceremony and cake pictures and then go off resort with one of the respected photographers we have seen mentioned on this site. We would save the $500 resort fee, but then again we would have to pay an arm and a leg for the pictures we get from the resort. So confused.

Has anyone ever done this? Did it turn out ok?
    hey thats a good idea! I got married @ CTI and my resort photographer was AMAZING way beyond what we expected picture wise. I was a very laid back bride so I didn't want to have to go looking for a photographer or any extra stress. The photography packages weren't too pricey, you can pick as big or as small of a package as you want. I bought the 50 photos on a cd and the wedding photo album which is super neat. Also did trash the dress with the same resort photographer (kumar) He was so much fun too Happy planning!

here's my wedding photos:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1723264&type=3