Default Comparing all 4 resorts?

Hey Everyone i'm a newbie and definitely interested in booking for April 2010.

Could someone help me figure out the main differences between the four couples resorts? We're a young active couple, but would love beautiful beach time too!

Thanks.

CSA and CSS I LEAN MORE TO CSA.

jess

You can't compare one of Couples Resorts to the other as each one is unique in its own way. What remains the same is the Couples all inclusive philosophy.

The only resort built by Couples is CN. All of the others have become part of the Couples Family.

How to choose a resort? Let your own heart be your guide. Look at as many pictures as you can view and let the resort speak out to you.

No matter which one you select you will have the experience of a lifetime that will make you want to relive it year after year.

Here is my opinion of all the resorts. CSS is the most romantic and there are steps leading to everywhere, it is a large property that is built into the cliffs. The rooms there look beautiful and I've read that just exploring the resort is an experience in itself. CSA is a large resort, on 7 mile beach, where strolling for hours is an option. It is the only resort out of the four that does not offer an AN option. CSA doesn't personally appeal to me because of it's size. CN, looks great to me, if I wasn't sold already on CTI, I would definitely go there. The resort seems to be focused around the pool, and the resort is on Bloody Bay, which is on 7 mile beach. I like the size of the resort and it's layout. The only thing that keeps me away is the public beach, because I love the privateness of CTI. Now onto CTI, my favorite This property is small, everything is centrally located, not a sprawling resort, where you need a map to find things. CTI offers the most excursions of all the Couples properties. It's staff is second to none (IMO), and they make me feel like family every year. You are going to get a lot of opinions on this thread. This is only one. Go with your gut. One resort will call to you.
    Kristen

CN and CSA are located in Negril. CSA is on Seven Mile Beach, CN is located on Bloody Bay.

CSS and CTI are located on Ocho Rios both have private cove beaches.

My first piece of advice is always to choose the area of Jamaica you wish to visit first, then choose the resort.

Negril is known more for it's beaches, and the cliff area, and Ochi is known more for the lushness of that part of the island, not to say they don't both have beaches and lushness, and cliffs........But Negril has the Loooong beaches, and well you get the idea.

Are there any excursions you want to do off the resort that may draw you more to one side of the island or the other such as The Pelican Bar, Appleton Estates or even Rick's Cafe or Dunns River? This may help pick the city as well.

The only resort of the 4 that has room service for all 3 meals is CSS. I agree of the 3 I have been to, in my opinion it is the most romantic. The rooms are beautiful, the grounds are an adventure, and the food out of this world. The only negative to this resort is that it is built into the side of a cliff and there are lots of steps, this can be an issue for someone with knee or hip issues etc. The A/N area here is outstanding if you are into that, beautiful pool, private beach, even a grill over there.

I have yet to visit CTI, so cannot comment on CTI "yet".........

CN is my other favorite, we have visited CN twice and we love it there, the pool is huge, it is what CNaholic's refer to as the "epicenter" of the resort, everything is in close proximity to the pool, therefore making getting around the resort very easy. The rooms are bright and eclectic, the food amazing, and the beach in awesome. CN is on Bloody Bay it shares the beach with I believe 4 other resorts, and the Office of Nature....... Just long enough to be a long walk on the beach. Again the food is incredible, Otaheite is an experience in itself, just beware of the never empty wine glass. There is an A/N area here as well. CN was our first Couples experience, where we celebrated our 25th anniversary and where we indeed fell in love all over again, and for that will always hold a special place for us.

CSA (we did a tour of, however did not stay there) is a gorgeous resort located on 7 Mile Beach, the main difference between CSA and CN is the layout, CSA is much more spread out, and part of the resort is across the street (the lap pool and fitness area's) the beach is beautiful, but it is narrower than the beach at CN which is wider. The rooms at CSA are whites and woods, and we loved the Atrium room's if we ever stay there we would opt for the Atrium room, although the verandah rooms were pretty spectacular too...... ahhh decisions, decisions. As stated earlier this is the only of the Couples resorts that does not have a A/N option.

We have done 2 trips to CN and will be returning for our 2nd trip to CSS in 2010.

Repeater's will tell you there will be one resort you cannot get out of your head, one you keep going back to..... that is the resort that is calling to you.

Good Luck, you can't really make a mistake here.

Click on one of the resort tabs, then on the left side, click on the What's Included link. Then at the bottom of the description of what's included at the resort is another link that will take you what is included at ALL the resorts. Just keep searching and reading and viewing photos. You will find that you keep going back to one of the resorts and that is one that is Calling you.

Jim,
    CTI was built by the Issa family also and was the original A/I Jamaican resort.
    Vicky

thanks everyone, that's helpful!

You say you are active and like a great beach, then my vote is for CSA. It has the best sports facility on the island and the longest beach to walk. My husband and I loved CSA and are going back for our 2nd time next year. It is so romantic and there is so much to do, see and experience at that resort. Good luck deciding.

Read up on all of the resorts and one will start pulling at you. That is the one you should go with. Look at lots of pictures too.

Look at CTI. It has the most off resort trips included and has just been 100% redone.

It is the very first resort built by Abe Isia, founder of Couples resort and the first AI couples only resort in Jamaica.

Read up on each resort, look at the pictures, and one of the resorts will call your name.
    Irie Mon

you cant compare all four howevr there are some big " rocks" that will help you to decide
    1) if you want to get nekkid then CSA is out
    2) if you want to get nekkid on a beach then CTI is out
    3) if you prefer a long walkable beach then CN or CSA
    4) CN and CTI are the have the smallest resort footprint while CSS and CSA are more spread out
    5) access tot no resort local places of interst bar /resturants negril's west end and long bay are chock fill - CN or CSA
    6) private beachs no other resorts CSS CTI
    7) sunset that rank up with the best in the wolrd cn csa
    8) calm water cn then csa
    9 room service - css
    good luck

Here are some quick differences:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 3 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate. Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is very spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but 24 hour room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions. 5 restaurants.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Great info!! Thanks all!!
    -Otter,

Correction: CSS has full room service, but not 24 hours. It is 6 am-11 pm. CTI has more than three buildings---hence, building 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
    Vicky