Default Jamaica to do away with outgoing immigration

I don't know if this will speed things up or not, but...

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=37889
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

That would be great. Now if they can fix the immigration lines coming into the island.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Hmmm... I don't see this as being a good thing..yeah the lines suck but no immigration line at all? Not sure about that.

Won't they still be scanning carry on bags and people at security? There will still be a line just one less stop going through.

Carol and Dave....

We still have to stand in line for security. Pretty much the same line. Canít see how not handing in a slip of paper will save much time. Itís all good though.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    We still have to stand in line for security. Pretty much the same line. Canít see how not handing in a slip of paper will save much time.
    The security line was what I was thinking about when I stated, "I don't know if this will spped things up".
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The best thing we did this last trip heading home was to do Club MoBay! Well worth the $35.00 PP! That line to get through security was all the way to the back wall of the airport. No way was I about to stand in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    The best thing we did this last trip heading home was to do Club MoBay! Well worth the $35.00 PP! That line to get through security was all the way to the back wall of the airport. No way was I about to stand in it!
    We have Club Mobay passes for our CTI trip in January. Thought we would give it a try.

Carol and Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Has the Club MoBay price gone up to $35/pp? It was $30/pp for us last year.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Fluffin,
    I have seen mention of Club MoBay before. Do you mind telling me what this is and how we sign up?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kelly

If you buy it at couples through the entertainment staff its $30. If you do it at the airport its $35. OMAR at csa helped us with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Has the Club MoBay price gone up to $35/pp? It was $30/pp for us last year.
    I just checked the website. A day pass is $30. I wasn't sure since I did it through my TA when I booked the trip.

Carol and Dave....

An article today states the new system should be in place by September (I'm betting October).

http://www.hospitalityjamaica.com/news1.html

It gives some detail as to why they can forego Immigration desks at departure lines (they will have access to Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS)).

Also postulates that arrival times could be shorter (re-allocation of resources from departure to arrival, add 16 positions to the existing 30 positions at arrivals).