Thread: Bob Marley tour

Default Bob Marley tour

I would be at CTI in Oct. Was planning to do the Bob Marley tour. I would like to get feed back on people that done the tour.
    How was it?
    Is it worth it?
    Is this tour pricey?
    Where can I reserve it?
    Or should i just get a private tour?
    Please help out!
    We been to all the couples resort and never took the tour. I think its time to get this done!
    I was told that it's about 180.00 for 2 people
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners

If you mean the tour at Nine Mile, Yes, do it! It is something you will do once and never forget. I was lucky enough to meet Bob's mother Cedella ( who is bured there now ) , as well as her sister and granddaughter, Cedella. it has gotten more commercial over the last few years, but it's what you make of it...

We hired a private tour company, on our own, instead of being on a Bus and are glad we did. For one thing, once you get there you can take your time and tour the grounds alone with your own guide ( from the property ). We were allowed to be in the Masoleum alone- just the 2 of us- as opposed to the group behind us who filed through like kids on a Field Trip. If you don't want to bother with the details, have the Tour Desk at CTI book it for you -you may end up going with other people if you don't specify your preferences.

I don't know the current entrance fees, but if this is something you want to do, it's worth the cost. Just driving through Nine Mile is interesting. If you've seen the new movie "Marley" already, you will recongnize some of the locations as you pass through the village. You can add another excursion on if you get an early start, like Ferngully or whatever interests you. From Ochi, this won't be an all-day trip as it was for us coming from Negril.

If you were referring to the Museum in Kingston, disregard this

We did the Chukka Zion Bus Tour to Nine Mile (Bob Marley's birth place and mosoleum). It was well woth the price and made for a very nice 3/4 day. They have a driver and a guide who plays music and talks about Bob's life. We stoipped for a snack on the way up and lunch on the way back.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We did the Chukka Zion Bus Tour to Nine Mile (Bob Marley's birth place and mosoleum). It was well woth the price and made for a very nice 3/4 day. They have a driver and a guide who plays music and talks about Bob's life. We stoipped for a snack on the way up and lunch on the way back.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We did the tour a few years ago on Bob Marley's birthday (Feb). We had a blast. We chose the jeep safari tour from ochi. It is way more fun than the "bus". The route was not a typical tour route but off the track dirt roads. The tour guides at Bob Marley's place are quite unique. On the way back we had the pleasure of stopping in a town where they were building a house for someone in the neighbourhood. We had fun talking with the people and they shared a soup they made.
    I think it was about 70 a person. I always reserve through the resort but I think this was before we discovered our new home (Couples).
    Go for it.

Hello!
    When my hubby and I took the tour, we hired a private driver, and loved him. We've used him for every trip to Ocho Rios. If you're interested in his name and number, post your email address and I will send you his contact info. What's nice about the private driver, you leave when you want and you don't have to make any stops at other hotels to pick up other guests, and you truly get to know Jamaica through the eyes of a Jamaican.

We really enjoyed the trip to Nine Mile. From CSS it was quite the haul, but so worth it! We got to see a lot of the country side, and that alone was worth the trip. You enter Nine Mile through these huge wooden gates, go up some stairs and you come to one of the gift shops and this is where you pay to get in---I think it was about $12 per person. Then you enter a large area where local musicians are playings Bob's music while you wait for your tour to begin. You are assigned a guide and you get to see the house and single bed Bob refers to in "Is this Love," his Inspiration Stone, and his mausoleum and his mother's and brother's mausoleum too. Your guide will expect a tip after the tour and there are plenty of gift shops to get some cool souvenirs. Also, there will lots of locals offering to selol you the local herb. A polite "no thanks" works wonders. After our tour, our driver stopped at Scotchies and we had an awesome jerk lunch! So our cost for the day was about $200 plus lunch for our driver and a whole jerk chicken for him to take home for his family, and our entrace fees.

The tour desk can help you arrange a tour through Chukka and they can also help you find a private driver too.

I enjoyed the tour, and it was a great day away from the resort. If you're a Bob Marly fan, this tour is worth it.

One Love,
    suzyQ

In order:
    Awesome. We try to make the trip every other trip down to JA
    If you love Bob; yes
    ~100bucks in a private vehicle (booked through Couples)
    Tour desk
    Personally, I say yes. The drinking Land Rover tour isn't for us.

180 seems VERY high, unless it went up a LOT.

We have done both tours - there is another Bob Marley tour in Kingston. We did the 9 Mile tour via the OffRoad Jeep - a lot of fun and highly recommend it (beats taking the bus if you want to have some fun). The first time we went, it poured rain (monsoon rains and thunder/lightening) - it was a great time. The second time on the jeep, the weather was nicer.

Last year we hired a driver to take us to Kingston from CTI. That was also a great time and plan on being gone all day. In Kingston we went to Port Royal, Devon House (highly recommend the ice cream) and to Bob Marley's place. There is also a large Bob Marley statue near the stadium in town that we stopped and had our pictures taken. The Bob Marley tour in Kingston is a property that contains his jeep he used to own, murals on the wall, the small grassy area where he used to play soccer, and the house that contains his records, the recording studio (which is still in use by the Marley kids), a short 'home' movie of Marley and a gift shop. The Kingston tour is great and you aren't haggled by the staff or to buy pot (not that it bothered us at 9-mile.

We plan on hiring a driver to go back to Kingston for the day in August - it isn't a big touristy town like Ocho but we enjoyed it (can't wait to get more Devon House ice cream). Not sure if the Toll Road is open yet, which will cut down the travel time. To take the more scenic route, which we recommend, takes about 2 hours each way.

We stopped by Spansih Town for a few minutes (great English buildings that we took pictures of) and you pass by Walkerswood Spice factory.

M&J

Default my email

my email is rcgoofy68@aol.com. The driver I used last time was nice. His name was Orane.
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hello!
    When my hubby and I took the tour, we hired a private driver, and loved him. We've used him for every trip to Ocho Rios. If you're interested in his name and number, post your email address and I will send you his contact info. What's nice about the private driver, you leave when you want and you don't have to make any stops at other hotels to pick up other guests, and you truly get to know Jamaica through the eyes of a Jamaican.

We really enjoyed the trip to Nine Mile. From CSS it was quite the haul, but so worth it! We got to see a lot of the country side, and that alone was worth the trip. You enter Nine Mile through these huge wooden gates, go up some stairs and you come to one of the gift shops and this is where you pay to get in---I think it was about $12 per person. Then you enter a large area where local musicians are playings Bob's music while you wait for your tour to begin. You are assigned a guide and you get to see the house and single bed Bob refers to in "Is this Love," his Inspiration Stone, and his mausoleum and his mother's and brother's mausoleum too. Your guide will expect a tip after the tour and there are plenty of gift shops to get some cool souvenirs. Also, there will lots of locals offering to selol you the local herb. A polite "no thanks" works wonders. After our tour, our driver stopped at Scotchies and we had an awesome jerk lunch! So our cost for the day was about $200 plus lunch for our driver and a whole jerk chicken for him to take home for his family, and our entrace fees.

The tour desk can help you arrange a tour through Chukka and they can also help you find a private driver too.

I enjoyed the tour, and it was a great day away from the resort. If you're a Bob Marly fan, this tour is worth it.

One Love,
    suzyQ
    Ralph <3 Karla

my email is rcgoofy68@aol.com
    thanks
    Ralph <3 Karla