Thread: Dress Code

Default Dress Code

We've been going to Sans Souci for 12 years (even before it was a Couples Resort). One thing that bothers us is that the dress code is spelled out on all the literature, but there are men who show up for breakfast and lunch in tank tops and baseball caps.
    Is there any way that the dress code can be enforced on a consistent basis?

Hmmm... this intrigued me because I didn't recall there being those type of dress code restrictions at breakfast and lunch. My significant other often wears a tank top with his bathing suit if we go to the beach grill for lunch. I sometimes also wear my hat as to keep the sun off my face. We didn't know there were rules against this???

I just checked this site under CSS and under each restaurant. The beach grill for lunch says "swimwear" and Palazzina says beach cover up and footwear required. Where is the other information you are referencing in regards to breakfast and lunch? We like to be respectful and stay within the dress code. It appears I need to review it before our next trip.

I've been there and that would seem ok to me. I'm pretty sure those dress codes are mostly for dinner. It is casual during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by soglad View Post
    We've been going to Sans Souci for 12 years (even before it was a Couples Resort). One thing that bothers us is that the dress code is spelled out on all the literature, but there are men who show up for breakfast and lunch in tank tops and baseball caps.
    Breakfast and lunch? Are you sure you read that literature...?

"Resort Casual" is referring to the dinner seating. The restuarant that serve breakfast/lunch and the beach grill state only that "beach cover up and footwear are required". There has been many discussions on the message board on this topic.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

That is not the dress code for breakfast and lunch, only for dinner!

Here is the Dress Code "Spelled Out" as you say.

From the FAQ section:

DRESS CODE
    Casual by day, resort chic by night. Lightweight cotton clothing and swimwear attire are perfect for day. For evening gourmet dining and lounging at the bar, cocktail attire is required in most of our restaurants (no shorts or beach cover-ups); a jacket is optional. Check the 'restaurant & bars' section of your selected resort for more details on dining dress code. For certain activities like golf or shopping in town, appropriate attire is recommended.

From the Restaurants Section:

Cassanova (Dinner)
    Dress: Resort Chic (no jeans, shorts or flip flops)

Palazzina (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
    Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

Beach Grill (Lunch) / Bella Vista (Dinner)
    Dress: Swimwear acceptable for lunch, Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required) for dinner

I find it funny that you seem so upset over this but you have been returning for 12 years. Must not bother you too bad.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Although I agree with most of the commets on this post, I don't appreciate having to look at arm-pit hair while I'm eating!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Although I agree with most of the commets on this post, I don't appreciate having to look at arm-pit hair while I'm eating!
    Bring some of those blinder sunglasses they give you when you get your eyes checked. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I do tend to agree with you Wally.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

In defense of the O.P., we've seen conflicting "dress code" information in the past. In our case (CN), the Couples' website, the fine dining (Otaheite) reservation card, the in-room resort information brochure, and the sign outside the restaurant all have differing (in some cases only slightly so) dress code descriptions.
    That may well be the case for CSS as well.