Default Questions! Only 8 more days until CSS!

I'm actually starting to pack - I can't believe it's almost here! I have a few questions that I've seen mentioned but not directly answered.

One - There are shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the showers, right? It's not just the dinky little sample bottles, correct? What about soap/body wash and lotion? Are there ample quantities of those? What's the quality like?

Two - How likely is getting your room request fulfilled at check-in. We've got a penthouse booked and I am hoping for D block but don't want to get my hopes up if it's not gonna happen.

Three - Can you book multiple nights at Casanova? I want to be there for Lobster and hubs wants to try their regular menu also. Do you do reservations at check in or do you have to stop by each restaurant?

Four - What drink should be our first when we get there? What's the one absolute can't-live-without drink?

I'm sure there's more but I'm just so excited at this point that I can't see straight.

Don't feel bad, Squirrel- I'm still 18 days out and have slowly started a suitcase pile already!

I'm also interested in a couple of those questions. I feel like I've seen pics of the bottles in the shower, but I also think I remember hearing someone say that was no longer available.
    Everyting irie, mon!

There is not conditioner, and trust me you will need that. So bring your own conditioner. The body wash is also in a dispenser there in the shower next to the shampoo dispenser.

Go with whatever penthouse they assign you... you can't request anything until you arrive anyway, and why not see what fate has in store for you?

Yes, you can eat at Cassanova as much as you want, as many times as you can get in during your stay... you may have to be flexible on your times, but no problem.

We don't drink alcohol, but we get our fill and then some of their fruit smoothies, my favorite is a bananna strawberry no-alcohol smoothie... delicious!

Yes, ample shampoo/conditioner/soap. I have long hair however, so I bring my own hair care products
    They are pretty good about moving you, changing rooms at request- depending on occupancy
    Yes, you can book multiple nights- lobster will be an additional offering on Lobster night, regular menu available as well
    Hummingbird- 1st drink!!!
    Have fun!!!!!!

I'll bring my own hair stuff then - I'd rather not risk it and not have enough or not like what's there. I've got tons of hair and that could really be a mess.

I'm so set on the D Block penthouses because I want the huge balcony and walk-in shower. The smaller balconies and jacuzzi's in the other blocks don't appeal to me nearly as much. I guess I'll just see what's available when we get there. I'm a planner to the tiniest detail - I don't leave anything to fate. lol

Hubs will be happy to know we can do more than once at Casanova. He was drooling over the menus that are available on the site.

For now, I'll just keep packing and waiting impatiently for us to leave for the airport.

Thanks, all!

Is there a hair dryer in the bathroom?

They do have soap/shampoo/ conditioner and plenty of it but if you have a certain kind you like, then bring it. Also bring some Immodium and Pepto Bismo/ Tums and some stuff for headaches just in case.
    D block is our favorite as well cause it's about halfway to everywhere. They are pretty good at giving you what you want as long as it's available.
    You can eat at Casanovas everyday if you want to. Just book your reservations.
    There are some drinks you must try like the dirty banana or a fruit smoothie from the bar by the mineral pool but the absolute must have drink is a Bob Marley.

11 days and counting to CSS for us! We are so excited. Is there a hair dryer in the room? Also, where do you make the reservations for the restaurants?

Yes there are hairdryers.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    I'm actually starting to pack - I can't believe it's almost here! I have a few questions that I've seen mentioned but not directly answered.

One - There are shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the showers, right? It's not just the dinky little sample bottles, correct? What about soap/body wash and lotion? Are there ample quantities of those? What's the quality like?

Two - How likely is getting your room request fulfilled at check-in. We've got a penthouse booked and I am hoping for D block but don't want to get my hopes up if it's not gonna happen.

Three - Can you book multiple nights at Casanova? I want to be there for Lobster and hubs wants to try their regular menu also. Do you do reservations at check in or do you have to stop by each restaurant?

Four - What drink should be our first when we get there? What's the one absolute can't-live-without drink?

I'm sure there's more but I'm just so excited at this point that I can't see straight.
    We literally just returned from CSS this morning. To answer your questions:

One - Bring your own hair supplies. It was combo shampoo/conditioner and Suave conditioner (only option) in the gift shop was over priced IMO. Bring hair supplies.

Two - We did not get our room request. Matter of fact, we didn't have a room assignment when we arrived. We ended up in A block (which turns out we loved).

Three - you can do reservations at check in or call from your room. The Casanova was good, but honestly, I was not more impressed with it over other places. They were all great. My personal favorite was at the Palazzina pasta station (dinner) and omelet/pancakes for breakfast. I really liked that the Beach grill would do to go orders and deliver to the pool/beach.

Four - My wife and the ladies from the other couples we met there LOVED the Miami Vice. I mean they loved that drink. This group of 4 ladies probably drank a combined 50+ of those things this past week. Also, each bartender has their own specialty drink. I really enjoyed Adrian's special at the swim up bar. Another tip, they tend to pour liquor on a 4 or 5 count instead of the standard 3 second count, so you get strong mixed drinks.

Have fun.

I have really long thick hair. Honestly, their shampoo didn't quite do it for me. I'm glad I brought my normal shampoo!!! Conditioner is a must pack item! The hairdryer they had was kinda weak, but it worked. I think I only used it twice over 8 days, so no big deal. My hair dried really fast in the hot weather.

I have really thick long hair. Their shampoo just didn't work for me! I'm so glad I brought my own. There was no conditioner at all, so I'm also glad I had mine! I'd bring your own body lotion too. The room hair drier was kinda weak, but I really only used it twice. My hair dried quickly just from the heat in jamaica!

We have stayed at CSS three times! We have stayed in D, F and G Block. If you are not happy with your room, the CSS staff will do their best to accomodate your wishes. It is best to check out your assigned room first (we have been pleasantly surprised :-) ).

I have very thick wavy hair. I found it is best to just let it go natural. I use Aveda Smoothing Lotion and let it air dry. To be honest, it is a nice change NOT blow drying and flat ironing for a change.

A drink I enjoyed on our last trip (April 2012) was a Mango Daquari. A nice couple from Canada suggest it. The drink is so delicious and refreshing. Also, the resort bartendars make a very smooth vodka martini. It is my drink of choice, prior to dinner.

Couples has the reputation to do their best to please. Keep that in mind and you will have a wonderful experience!!! Enjoy!