Default Booking airfare through couples site..package discount?

We are planning to come to CN in April to get married and I really want to take advantage of the early special that is going on. I was playing around on the reservations section of the site today and I was shocked at how much it was showing for airfare. (Shocked in a good way).

It was showing for 7 nights in a Deluxe Ocean room with travel insurance and airfare the total price is $3411

Well if I deduct the travel insurance ($170), and deduct how much the room is for the 7 nights ($2737), that leaves $504 for the airfare!

When I look up the same flights on the airlines website it's $500 just for one ticket!

So I guess I'm wondering if the Couples website offeres package discounts, or what is happening here.

Just make sure that the time frame are good for you. When we looked last leaving from new york they had a big time frame for lay over. Sometimes it's better to get your own flight! You want to get there ASAP!
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners

That's sounds like a deal. We are leaving in 1 week for our third trip to CSA and each time we have purchased our airfare seperately and it costed us between 550-800 each for airfare. We used a travel agent for our hotel and got the same advertised price as the website lists.

The flights were great times and also non-stop.
    I was just wondering if their is a package discount or if the site is accidentaly charging less lol.

Yes check the flights they offer carefully because some are even overnight flights. Check layovers etc.

Couples website does not offer package deals with the room and air. We always book a package deal with an online travel service. May I suggest you book a deluxe garden room instead of the ocean room. They are exactly the same room and the ocean rooms are not on the ocean. You will save money and once you get down there, you will be glad you did this. Congrats. You are going to love this place! Mariann

That exact thing happened to me! I am actually going to CN in April to get married, and I noticed the same thing you did. Even though we get stuck with two layovers (one in Detroit and one in Miami) I still think it's worth it for a $500 discount!

Amanda,

We are getting married in March, and found the same thing out when we did our booking. If you book through couples, you do get a package discount depending on when you are going/what promotion you are booked under/ how long you are staying. We are going march 7-16 and are booked under the 2013 early escape deal. When we booked, the airfare through the airline site was $517. We booked through the Couples site and with our discount airfare ended up being about $408 for the exact same flight.

Technically they are discounting your room. You still pay full price for the airfare, but your room rate is discounted. We figured it out, and we got about a 5% discount, which ended up saving us about $215 to use for other things wedding and Couples related

Remember tha Couples offers our Best Deal Guarantee. We will match all legitimate and validated offers. Call your travel agent or 1 800 COUPLES

Couples Resorts

We just booked our trip to CSS Oct-Nov, I had done so much research with pricing with different dates/packages and even other resorts. While looking at Sandals, it made more sense to book airfare seperately because it actually seemed to be more expensive booking them both through Sandals. We ended up choosing CSS and I was amazed at the price difference booking airfare and room together versus seperate. We booked them both through Couples and saved a good $250! This will be our first time visiting but I am impressed already

We just booked our trip to CSS Oct-Nov, I had done so much research with pricing with different dates/packages and even other resorts. While looking at Sandals, it made more sense to book airfare seperately because it actually seemed to be more expensive booking them both through Sandals. We ended up choosing CSS and I was amazed at the price difference booking airfare and room together versus seperate. We booked them both through Couples and saved a good $250! This will be our first time visiting but I am impressed already

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Remember tha Couples offers our Best Deal Guarantee. We will match all legitimate and validated offers. Call your travel agent or 1 800 COUPLES
    Okay, but I've always read and had it made very clear to me that this does NOT include packages with flights. They will not do a price match if you book the flight with them as well. When I did a price match that was the first thing the operator asked me about.

Melissa
    Melissa & Chris
    Married at CSA on 12/14/12 (12/110/12-12/20/12)
    Booked for CN 12/13/13-12/21/13

Randymon- I am somewhat surprised that you say that you match offers. This year when we booked we asked- as we had a better deal somewhere else and could prove it- and we were told too bad- we don't match anymore. We would have preferred to book through Couples, but the price and add on of the Mobay Club was cheaper through Costco.

Amanda- I see that you are in Elkton, MD. Fly US AIR from Philly, it's about $450 per person roundtrip straight thru, no layovers. If yu leave from BWI, you will have a layover in Charlotte and pay more money. Check USAIR.com. I'm flying from Philly rather than Harrisburg, over $150 per ticket cheaper. I do a park and fly. By the way, I have a sister-in-law who lives in Elkton.