Hybrid View

Default Dresses? 7 days to go

We are headed to CN in 7 days! I was wondering what type of dresses ladies wear? I lost 43 lbs recently and am just now feeling kind of comfortable to wear a summer dress. I have bought a few dresses to take with me and tried looking at some photos on here but it is kind of hard to tell. I know I shouldn't worry about it too much but I still have some weight to lose and am very nervous but excited about wearing dresses. I have the beach cover up thingies for during the day but for night I bought some casual summer dresses - 2 are a little dressier but hard to explain?? I feel so happy to not have to wear capris and dress shirts every night but also don't want to feel uncomfortable. I tried to remember what ladies were wearing at CSA but really can't picture it in my mind (either too many drinks or just totally focused on my husband - probably a little of both). I know people say to wear what you feel comfortable in but I am just now getting into dresses so nervous.

So excited to be going to CN!! Looking forward to a week with my husband with no phone calls and no computers.

elizadan -
    We havent been to CSA or CN (yet) but we have been to CSS 3 times. My husband and I prefer to "dress for dinner" and do so every night. I wear "sundresses/summer dresses" with sandals. My husband usually wears some nice dress shorts and a short sleeved collared shirt. Of course, when we eat at Casanova (which has certain requirments), his attire is khakis, boatshoes/top-siders and a nice collared shirt. I have never felt over-dressed and it makes dinner special every night!

I am a big girl and I dont worry about it. When you are on vacation, especially in Jamaica at a Couples Resort, it is all about you and your husband. While wearing a dress may feel uncomfortable, dont worry about what others might think --- Put on that dress, take more special care with your hair and makeup and enjoy that romantic dinner with your wonderful husband.
    Have fun!!
    Stan & Susan ("StanSuzie")
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    CSS April 2010
    CSS April 2011
    CSS May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by elizadan View Post
    We are headed to CN in 7 days! I was wondering what type of dresses ladies wear? I lost 43 lbs recently and am just now feeling kind of comfortable to wear a summer dress. I have bought a few dresses to take with me and tried looking at some photos on here but it is kind of hard to tell. I know I shouldn't worry about it too much but I still have some weight to lose and am very nervous but excited about wearing dresses. I have the beach cover up thingies for during the day but for night I bought some casual summer dresses - 2 are a little dressier but hard to explain?? I feel so happy to not have to wear capris and dress shirts every night but also don't want to feel uncomfortable. I tried to remember what ladies were wearing at CSA but really can't picture it in my mind (either too many drinks or just totally focused on my husband - probably a little of both). I know people say to wear what you feel comfortable in but I am just now getting into dresses so nervous.

So excited to be going to CN!! Looking forward to a week with my husband with no phone calls and no computers.
    Hello!

I've not been to CN, but I've been to CSA and we are going back in 4 days (!!!!!!) Bringing just a few dresses might be good enough. You could always wear one more than once and no one will ever notice. Last time, I only wore my dresses to the actual dinner restaurants that have a nicer dress code. I brought 3 dresses on a 6 night 7 day stay and it was fine for me!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I know it takes a lot of commitment and that will be ongoing for you now.

We dress for dinner at CN and CSA. I wear maxi dresses or dressy sundresses to dinner with pretty, mid heeled sandals. My husband wears nice slacks and collared shirts, mostly Tommy Bahama and similar. He will occasionally wear dress shorts and collared shirt when we are dining outside.

I love dresses and much prefer them to capris, shorts, slacks - they are my staple day and evening as I find them cool, comfortable and feminine.

Enjoy CN!

I like simple cool sleeveless dresses and sandals to wear at night. Also I have a few skirts and tops to wear. It is still so warm at night that dresses are the most comfortable thing to wear. You see dressy and casual. Both are fine.

You won't be out of place at all! I wear a summer dress every night on vacation. I think it is fun! Congrats on your loss!

It sounds like you are having a hard time "picturing" what kind of dresses to bring. I dug up a few Facebook photos from previous trips to CSA and CTI so you can visualize the kind of dresses I like to wear:

Dress 1

Dress 2 (more dressed up for Feathers)

Dress 3

Dress 4

For dinners, I mostly pack elegantly casual sundresses from inexpensive places like Express, Loft, Target, TJ Maxx, etc. Maxi dresses are also a nice option if you want a dress with more coverage, although unfortunately I've found that they tend to look like maternity dresses on me

Thank you all for your replies! I am now more excited to wear the dresses for my husband. I will be there in 2 more days.

Congrats on your weight loss! As others have said I always wear summer dresses (long and shorter ones) and sandals. I also always bring something to cover my shoulders as I get cold pretty easily especially at a restaurant.