Default Repeaters worried about CTI

My wife and I are going back to CTI for the 2nd time the end of July for our 2 year anniversary. We went to CSA last year for our 1 year. As most people do as the trip gets closer I am spending more and more time on the message boards. After going back quite a few months and reading everything about CTI I am getting a little worried that the "vibe" of CTI will not be what it was two years ago. I've read that they did away with music and games at the swim-up bar. We really enjoyed the games at the swim-up bar because it gave us an opportunity to meet other couples and be social while still enjoying each other and the sun. I have also read on reviews that the staff aren't as approachable as they were in the past. That too was something we loved about CTI. The staff was amazing and talkative and we did not feel that way at CSA and were looking forward to our conversations with the staff. These are just a few of the examples I read that lead me to believe CTI may not be the same as when we went 2 years ago. I do not doubt that we will love CTI regardless but these things helped make our honeymoon 2 years ago unbelievable.

Would repeaters please advice if my feelings are correct or am I blowing things out of proportion? I haven't read anything about Kadie/Katy from the entertainment staff. Is she still there? Thanks in advance.

We are not repeaters, first timers in fact, but we will also be there the end of July. Maybe we will run in to each other

Susan and Steve
    July 28 - Aug 3

We just got back from our second trip to CTI (first was in september of 2010) and what you are saying is correct. It feels like they forced the entertainment crew to tone down their activities. Pool volleyball isn't every day any more, something about people complaining that it was too loud and they couldn't relax. My thoughts are there's an entire resort to relax on, only one pool where you can play volleyball. The games are now in the games room which completely kills the fun of it. No pool to hang out in, its cold, no sun, no bar. Nobody hangs out in there so there's fewer people to spontaneously join.

The place is definitely quieter and less... involved than 2 years ago. If you want to meet new people you gota do it yourself now where as before it would just naturally happen.

Yeah Katie is still there.

My wife and I just returned from CTI (6/9-6/15). This was our second trip there, the first being in Sept. of '10. The vibe was a little different, but we still had a blast.

The games at the swim-up bar are gone now, as well as daily pool volleyball. The games have been moved to various locations around the resort, such as the game room, veggie bar, and rooftop patio. We really missed playing games at the swim-up bar, but still managed to make lots of new friends. Pool volleyball still happens, just not every day.

Staff was as approachable and friendly as ever.

Katie is still there, but the rest of the entertainment staff has been swapped out since the last time we were there. The new staff that we got to know were great though!
    Ryan & Ashley
    CTI: 9/2010, 6/2012

Not a "repeater"... yet... lol... 2nd trip is being planned as we speak

We just got back from CTI 2 weeks ago... I can't speak on what it used to be like however I can talk about our experience as first timers....

The staff was AMAZING!! everyone we encountered was very friendly, talkative and attentive - we really could not find a single employee there who seemed to be unhappy or unapproachable

We didn't spend any time at the swim up bar on the mainland but we did pass by there on the way to the island and it seemed to be pretty lively - they definately had music going, not sure about "games" though... I know they had music at the swim up bar on the island...

We did some of the "entertainment activities" and the ones we went to were great (beach party, steel band, etc)

Honestly - being a "newbie" I went into the whole AI thing a little apprehensive but CTI completely changed my entire thought process about vacations - I highly doubt that the wife and I will ever go anywhere else now... Couples exceeded any expectations that I had and completely blew me away - (not an easy task considering I'm kinda picky about things)

All in all our trip was incredible and we're already planning #2 for next year...

We have been to CTI three times now, with our favorite trip being June 2010. We had so much fun, met great people and really got to know the staff. Hands down, the best part of the trip was the games at the swim up bar. We looked forward to that every day. Yes, they have done away with that and upon our return visit last August. The vibe was definitely different.

We still had a good time on our last trip - we were in Jamaica! The staff was still wonderful! It's hard to put into words but the atmosphere as a whole changed dramatically.

Please don't let this get you down. I still love CTI and would go back tomorrow if we could. I hope that you post about your trip upon your return as I am curious to know your thoughts.

Btw... yes, Katy is there and she, in my opinion, is the life of that resort. She works so hard to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves! She is on FB - you should look her up!

Have a great trip!!

Hi! My husband and I were there 8 months ago and everything and everone was great! I do agree, that the poolbar games were missed, but the bartenders were so entertaining and nice they make up for it.
    The staff is still wonderful! We are heading back to CTI in October ~ Can't wait!
    I hope you have a great vacation. I have a feeling that you won't be disappointed.

~ Lori
    CTI 2007
    CSS 2009
    CTI 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tmulligan12 View Post

We still had a good time on our last trip - we were in Jamaica! The staff was still wonderful! It's hard to put into words but the atmosphere as a whole changed dramatically.
    We didn't get that vibe. We cannot comment on the pool bar, however, as we are in the Caribbean and spend most of our time on the beach or in the water.

We are repeaters as well - last visit Oct 2010 with another trip scheduled in October 2012. Disappointed to find out that they discontinued the games at the swim up bar since it created such a fun vibe and we met so many people during those games! Also my husband loved to play pool volleyball every day so bummer that doesn't happen as much anymore. I saw on another post that the catamaran cruise won't be running when we go in October. Cha-cha-cha-changes.....

I know its still going to be an amazing trip and we'll always be devoted CTI Couples fans but I'll hold out hope they bring back the swim up bar games and that somehow the Cat cruise will still be running when we get there!!

So glad to hear Katy is still there - she is awesome!

We have been going to CTI since 1995. Last April was our 33 visit. We have seen a lot of changes over the years. Some were good, and of course, some were met with less enthusiasm. But in spite of everything that has taken place, for us, it's still where we want to be.
    I can appreciate how disappointed people feel about returning to CTI, only to find that there have been some changes. Some of their favorite things are no more. What ever it was that you were looking forward to, has now caused sadness. Will it ruin my trip? Not on your life.
    If I have learned anything in my almost 72 years on this planet, it is, "change" is one of the things you can count on occurring throughout your entire life. Some events may be devastating. Some will thrill your heart and lift your spirits to places you have not been before.

Humans need to be more like Mother Nature. In nature, growing things, animals, fish, anything alive, change is the one thing that keeps everything alive. In nature, everything adapts or it dies. Nothing in nature remains unchanged.

People, on the other hand, have all kinds of issues surrounding making all kinds of changes. I know that it's a big problem for many people. I can only hope that sometime along the way, as your life meanders here and there, that you will come to embrace the changes that take place in your life time. As in nature, bending just a bit, yielding from time to time, adjusting to all the disruption and chaos that exists on the globe, assures that, that plant or that animal or that human will be more comfortable working with the change, rather than fighting with it.

That's just what humans should learn to do as well. We don't have to like it, we just have to tolerate it.

Well said Richie!!!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Richie, you are absolutely correct about adapting to change. In your everyday life, your jobs change, your cars change, your house changes, your kids grow and change, your friends change. But sometimes you want to "get away" from constant changes and go somewhere that is always the same. And I think that is the way some people view their vacations. They go somewhere that they can depend on to be that same great vacation year after year. So if the "vibe" of your vacation destination changes, and some of your favorite inclusions are taken away, then it's like, "here we go again...adapt adapt adapt."

I want my vacation to be different than my everyday life, not an extension of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Richie, you are absolutely correct about adapting to change. In your everyday life, your jobs change, your cars change, your house changes, your kids grow and change, your friends change. But sometimes you want to "get away" from constant changes and go somewhere that is always the same. And I think that is the way some people view their vacations. They go somewhere that they can depend on to be that same great vacation year after year. So if the "vibe" of your vacation destination changes, and some of your favorite inclusions are taken away, then it's like, "here we go again...adapt adapt adapt."

I want my vacation to be different than my everyday life, not an extension of it.
    This!

Jamaican junkie,

I could not have said it better. Change is good, and you are right, I DO NOT want my vacation to be an extension of my everyday life, love that!!

Ritchie, kudos to you for a great reply to this post!!