Default Privacy for BFS vs BFVS

Hello Everyone -

I will be a newbie to CSA next May 2013 for my Honeymoon. We booked a BFS - however I am concerned with the "night-time" privacy (If that's respectfully put). I would like privacy and am considering to BFVS as there are doors with glass - versus just screens in the windows.

What do you think?

I think you shouldn't worry about it and enjoy your honeymoon. The wooden shutters are quite thick and block out a lot of sounds when shut, plus at night the tree frogs drowned out sounds as well. And even if someone hears you enjoying each other aren't we all there for a romantic vacation, we all know it doesn't take that long to get ready for dinner. Lol. Best wishes!!!!

Lauren this is a great question, my wife insisted on a room with windows because she enjoys being "loud at night". There are a number of post specifically to tthis question on the forum, most say, no problem mon, CSA is for lovers, and the noise adds to the ambiance. Go, enjoy, make your Honeymoon a thing to remember and don't worry, you will not be the only couple enjoying the night time activity!
    Our first trip to CSA (been to other resorts in Jamaica in the past) is October 3-13th to celebrate our 30th anniversary!

Stick with the bfs. They rock. Nobody cares about those nighttime noises, they're making their own.

I would say first of all you are on your Honeymoon so I would not worry about it. Everyone here is adults and hey your neighbor could be doing the same thing. lol. I would search for the thread( privacy question) This topic was discused in detail there. Hope this helps.

I would keep the BFS, but consider an upstairs room as there is more privacy... At "All Hours".
    We just stayed in an Atrium suite (same wood shutters and screens for windows). We never heard anyone except for the occasional laughter when folks were on their verandahs. Don't second guess yourself, at night it's tree frog noise, music, and waves

During the morning, day and evening, there is plenty of foot traffic along the beachfront path. The beach bars close before dark and the I would say foot traffic after dark is pretty light.

Hello Lauren212,

Been to CSA twice, stayed in a BFS both times and never had a problem with "night-time" privacy. Congrats on the upcoming honeymoon and enjoy your visit to CSA. Once you go you'll want to go back over and over again.

Best wishes,

Bart & Bug

I have stayed in both rooms and not had a privacy issue with either room, both on the first floor. For me I rather go with a BFVS. I think they are in better condition compared to a BFS, and I had the large wrap around porch BFS.(now called premier BFS) and still would go with a BFVS. It could have been the month I traveled, but I found the BFS to be musty, the shower large, but in need of a makeover.

We always stay on the 2nd floor of the BFS. The waves on the beach and tree frogs make lots of noise. S000oo...any other noise is not noticable. Just close the shutters on the windows for more privacy

Life is good

We've never had any problems

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I like that the BFVS have glass more to block out the noise coming into the room rather than going out. Also we like our room cold and it doesn't stay as cold without the windows. We asked to be moved on our last trip to a room with windows after two sleepless hot nights without the glass. The newer rooms definitely felt much fresher and newer too. Everyone has different preferences though

We never had that problem or even worried about it on our weddingmoon... Book whatever you want. It will be great either way!