Default First timer random questions

So I've read the first 10 pages of this message board and have the following questions regarding our Honeymoon stay this August at Couples Negril:

1. For the Jamaica Immigration/Customs form...I printed off one so I can use it as reference but can these actually be completed in advance? Or is it required to complete new ones there at Customs? (This is our first time traveling outside of the US/Canada and we are not familiar with the process).

2. I read that CN provides shampoo, body wash, and lotion in the rooms. What about toothpaste? Are any other toiletries provided?

3. Is there a clothes iron and hair dryer provided in the room?

4. Do they take pictures of you around the resort? If so, what should we expect to pay for these pictures? (We are trying to determine how much spending money we will need while there for 5 nights)

Thanks in advance!!!

You fill out the forms on the plane, no toothpaste, iron and hair dryer are in the room, photos are taken- $15ea or you can buy a package if there are multiple shots you want. Or hire the photographer! Have fun!

I am bumping your thread for the answer to # 2. I wasn't sure if they provided any of that stuff at CN since I have only been to CSA.

They do take pictures and you can buy them at the end of your trip but I am not sure of the cost. Also, I am pretty sure you have to fill out new customs forms, the ones they give you on the plane. Sorry that I don't have any answers but haven't been to CN yet (9 more days!!!)

And make sure you each fill out a form. The flight attendant on our plane said only one per family was needed and over half the people had to wait and fill out another when they got to immigration, which caused a delay.

When we were last at CN in February, there were "roaming" photographers who would take your pictures---I saw him at watersports, at dinner, at our private dinner. He/She will take pictures and they are uploaded to the picture-area computer for you to see and if you want to purchase, fine. There is no charge for him/her to take your pictures.

They do provide shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1 type product. It is fine for cleaning your hair but it is horrible as far as conditioning goes. After only 2 days of using it my hair was dry/brittle and breaking. I have never had any type of dyes or chemicals on my hair nor had any issues like this before.

Luckily we had some conditioner with us from a previous resort we came from. I would highly recommend bringing at least your conditioner from home.

Just wanted to comment on the cost of pictures since others have answered your questions. I remember them asking for $100 for 4 or 5 pictures, steep!

One piece of advice...make sure you bring a pen or two on the plane. We had to wait for someone to pass around a pen on the plane.

1.) They will hand out customs forms on the plane. Going into Jamaica it is one per person, coming back to the U.S. it is one per family. Remember to fill yours out to match the name on your passport, not your new married name! Keep your passport easily accessible as you have to get the number off it, and as others said, keep a pen handy as well!

2.) Yes, the shampoo is a "conditioning shampoo," no separate conditioner. Not sure about the other toiletries.

3.) I think there is an iron, and there is a hair dryer, it gets very hot and if you have space you may want to bring your own.

4.) They take pictures around the resort, you can look at them and decide it you want to purchase them. I'm sure you could use a credit card for this.

Have fun, CN is awesome!

I have color treated hair and find it best to bring my own shampo and conditioner.

Macadamia oil shampoo and conditioner is THE best for the salt, chlorine and sun. Stick a shower cap over the deep repair masque for 20 minutes. Enjoy a glass of bubbly while you are waiting then rinse it outta... Amazingly silky soft hair!!

So this is kind of related since we are also first timers. I know Couples has a no tipping policy, but are there ever any occasions where we will need to tip? Airport transfers or excursions away from the resort? What type(s) of payment methods (credit card, cash, etc.) are best to use inside the resort? What about for the shopping trips, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany10 View Post
    So this is kind of related since we are also first timers. I know Couples has a no tipping policy, but are there ever any occasions where we will need to tip? Airport transfers or excursions away from the resort? What type(s) of payment methods (credit card, cash, etc.) are best to use inside the resort? What about for the shopping trips, etc?
    Opportunities to tip include your baggage handler at the airport. A porter will take you bags from the Couples Lounge to the shuttle and load them. You can carry your own if you prefer, but we're only talking a $1/bag. Then the shuttle driver is a contracted employee, so he can be tipped also. We've seen anywhere from $0, yes, $0 (you'd tip your taxi driver right?) to $20. Then you can tip the spa staff as they are contracted employees also. For offsite excursions, shuttle drivers and guides can be tipped. The only way you can pay for anything inside the resort is through charging to your room. The resorts are cashless, so if you make a purchase at the gift shop, it is charged to your room. Whether or not you choose to use a CC or Cash for your deposit on check in is up to you. For safety reasons, we always use cash when shopping off resort. If you go into Negril or OR, or even MoBay, US$$ is widely accepted. I wouldn't want my CC information out there, it gets enough exposure here!
    Vicky

You can get 100 pictureson a cd for $25o

Very helpful. Thank you!