Default CSA Friday Beach Party not to missed????

This will be our first time in Jamaica and staying at a Couples resort. I have decided to book CSA in October. We originally decided to leave on Saturday, but my friend told me the beach party on Friday is awesome and I should miss it. What are your thoughts on the beach party? We are flexible with our dates so Friday wont be an issue. However, we really , really wanted a BFVS and it isn't available on Friday, but it is available on Saturday. Does anyone know is we can maybe do a split reservation?

It is personal preference but we always give it a miss. preferring to either go off resort for dinner that evening or reserve at Feathers.

December 2010 and December 2011 the beach party was moved inside due to rain. It is a fun experiance , be sure and use repellent on your feet and lower legs. Night time and rain brings out the sand fleas. Plenty of good Jamaican food to select from on the buffet.

The beach party is nice and a fun part of the stay but I would recommend you be there on Wednesday evening most of all for the performance of the steel drum band the Silverbirds. They are amazing!

The beach party is fun but I'm not sure I would change my whole room category and travel dates just to attend. We stayed at CSA for 10 nights last year, and went to the beach party the first Friday but decided to eat at Feathers instead during the beach party next Friday.

We're going back in August and I could take it or leave it...it's set up as a buffet and you just randomly find seating at round tables seating about 8-1o people, so it's less intimate than most other dinners but an opportunity to meet people too.

We finally tried it on our 3rd trip and were disapointed. We were seated at a table with other guests who totally ignored us, not even saying hi, so we got up and left.

We try to avoid the beach party, it's not for us. Had to go when we were at CSA as there was no other choice. It was OK but reminded us of why we are glad we get to go th the repeaters dinner at CTI, our usual resort.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I thought the beach party was wonderful. We arrived on a Friday and this was a very welcome end to our first day. The decor was wonderful - tables along the beach with lanterns strung for lighting. The food was very good and the entertainment was amazing. There were dancers, steel drums, limbo dancers and fire dancers, gymnasts, etc. I thought this was one of the highlights of our trip. We left on a Wednesday - next time I will arrive on a Friday and leave on a Thursday so I can go to the bonfire also.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2travel4ever View Post
    This will be our first time in Jamaica and staying at a Couples resort. I have decided to book CSA in October. We originally decided to leave on Saturday, but my friend told me the beach party on Friday is awesome and I should miss it. What are your thoughts on the beach party? We are flexible with our dates so Friday wont be an issue. However, we really , really wanted a BFVS and it isn't available on Friday, but it is available on Saturday. Does anyone know is we can maybe do a split reservation?
    We've been to CSA twice and stayed Friday to Friday. We enjoyed the beach party but I wouldn't call it can't miss. I wouldn't plan my trip around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you, but I thought the beach party was wonderful. We arrived on a Friday and this was a very welcome end to our first day. The decor was wonderful - tables along the beach with lanterns strung for lighting. The food was very good and the entertainment was amazing. There were dancers, steel drums, limbo dancers and fire dancers, gymnasts, etc. I thought this was one of the highlights of our trip. We left on a Wednesday - next time I will arrive on a Friday and leave on a Thursday so I can go to the bonfire also.
    That sounds FABULOUS! I can't wait!

The Beach Party was one of the things I was most excited about when we were at CSA in May. It ended up being moved inside and I was totally bummed. Seemed like just another show at the Palms. I definately wouldn't change the room I want just for it.

Default Not a big fan of the beach Party...

We try and go elsewhere on Friday night.. I am really not a Fan of the beach Party.. too many sand flees and too dark to see what you are eating!

They do a great job of setting up the area - it is very colorful, there are vendors set up and lots of entertainment. That being said, we never ever go - we chose the Couples brand many years ago because it focuses on couples, not groups, and we really don't enjoy the "groupiness" of the beach party....

The sand fleas will keep me off the beach at night. Last time I was at the beach party they bit through 40% DEET. I HATE those sand fleas!!!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ToniN View Post
    We try and go elsewhere on Friday night.. I am really not a Fan of the beach Party.. too many sand flees and too dark to see what you are eating!
    This was my thought too! The show is a fun experience, but too long and drawn out.

We did the beach party on our first visit and enjoyed it except for the sand fleas. Spray well. Now we either do Feathers or Patois. After dinner we do go over and catch some of the entertainment. I think if you are there you should try it but not sure I would plan my trip around it.

Missed the beach party on 6/29 due to a 5 minute rain. Workers told us sand fleas would be a problem. They moved it inside. Really was looking forward to it.

Been to CSA for a total of 7 weeks now, only been to the beach party once.

the beach party was held inside the week we stayed it was fun but they have other fun nights. not worth missing out on the BFVS I would say.