Default Couples First Timer

Went to CSS as my 1st experience at a Couples Resort and had a FABULOUS time. Came back home yesterday, and now noticed the message board. Wish I had explored the website sooner. Can't wait to go back.

Wondering, do most people stick to their original Couples resort experience? CSS was so wonderful, wondering should I try a different resort next time or stick with what I know is AWESOME.

In my opinion, you should try Couples Negril. Our 2 favorites are CSS and CN. We switch back and forth between the 2 resorts. CN has a fabulous beach and really great pool. They also have a Cat Cruise that is a lot of fun and not to be missed. The food and staff are also great. We love the change of scenery. Each year we have the anticipation of going to the other resort the next year. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to go to both in the same year, but wish we could. We were at CSS this past April and wish we were going to CN next week. We met a lot of great people at CN last year and they will be there next week. It is killing us not being able to go. But we are already booked for CN next year the first week of July, so hopefully we will get to see everyone next year. Our countdown clock is already on the computer. We have a great 4th of July party at CN. Maybe you could come next year and join us. There is a group photo of everyone in the pool from last year on the Meetup thread. Check it out.

We tried to switch, but just couldn't bring ourselves to leave CTI. We have visited CSS a couple of times through Trading Places for a day visit. For us it just confirmed what we knew and that is CTI is home.
    Vicky

We have been to them all...

It all depends on what you want. We have been going to CN for the past 7 yrs. We knew what we were looking for, took us about 9 months to decide where we wanted to go. We loved it, the beach if FABULOUS. We have never really wanted to go anywhere else. We have our reasons, we are really not interested in Ochio Rio side of Jamaica, I know there is a lot to do there, but we only have a wk so we enjoy the beach. They all have swim up bars, pools, great food. We just enjoy relaxing on the beach. I have heard that CSS is one of the most romantic resorts. It is really up to you what you would like to do. Some people have gone to all 4 resorts, then pick the one they want and others are like us, find the special 1 and just stick with it. Glad you enjoyed your trip

We have been to CSS multiple times (at least 6 visits including our wedding in 2004), CN once and this July will make our 3rd trip to CTI. Our most recent stays have been to CTI and I think CTI is becoming our favorite. Some people downplay it, say it is too hotel-like---I have to say that is not a deterrence by any means to us. We love the fact that it is built just yards away from the ocean, that most rooms have an ocean view, literally right on the ocean views. I love waking up and seeing the sea, having coffee on the balcony watching the ocean, I love having drinks on the balcony in the evening, listening to the waves. At CSS we have had wonderful ocean views, but you are away from the ocean- either on the cliff side or off the main beach (calm bay) and far enough back that I have never heard the waves from my balcony. That was our experience at CN as well, we could see but not hear the ocean. I like the fact that CTI is compact, you are never far from a bar, a restaurant, a pool, a beach- yes it is smaller, but the grounds are just as gorgeous, lush vegetation, beautiful flowers, friendly parrots (like Crackers at CSS!!!) We also love the history of CTI- the fascinating people that have visited the resort in by gone days- love seeing the old photos of Hollywood glamour-----and the art deco feel of the main building, while the rooms retain the tropical feeling. Add the incredible staff, the wonderful food, free flowing drinks, fun entertainment, the pools, the beach, the island, the excursions....we just love it there! Can't wait to be back- in 27 more days!!!!

Our first stay was at CSA...we did the trading places to visit CN, it for us it didn't even come close to persuading us to change resorts. We would have been very sad if we had booked a whole stay there. We are headed back to CSA next week for trip #4. We are in love with it, and I can't see us switching! As you will see, every resort speaks to somebody!

Wow, it seems that each Couples resort is Fabulous. I think we may try CN or CTI next time. Might have to put the names in a hat. LOL!!

For us it's love at first sight. We honeymooned at CSS last year and have already booked trip 2 and 3. I think most have their favorite Couples resort, and most do stick to or love one more than the others. We may try another Couples later on down the road, probably CTI. But when you're happy with what you got, you know what you'll experience next time, why change??? To us, CSS is paradise.

I have to agree with Happytimes 42, that after 5 trips, we will NEVER leave CSS if traveling to Jamaica and a Couples resort. While we did the trading places to CTI, and were glad we got to enjoy the island, it just wasn't our "home" and we don't even trade now. I could go on and on about why we love CSS, but you already know this after visiting. We now travel to meet up (every year) with some of the greatest friends I've ever met, always visit with the amazing staff that have become good friends, go off site to "Lobster Dave's" for our anniversary and enjoy such an amazing time together. This is what staying at CSS has meant to us. The first couple of times we booked for our next trip, we would have a conversation about maybe trying another Couples... We talked about everything we already loved and finally figured out "Why change perfection?".
    ONE LOVE,
    Mandy

Try them all, you won't be disappointed.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Our first Couples adventure was at CN then we tried CTI and I fell in love with CTI! To me the perfect resort would be CTI on the beach of CN. Hubby and I are headed to CN & CSA for a 12 night split beginning August 19th and cannot wait!!

Then we took advantage of the great early bird rates for 2013 and booked CN for 8/2013 ;-) Once we return from this August's adventure I will be thinking of a way to talk him into adding some nights to CTI for next year!! I wish he had more vacation days ;-(

Each of the resorts will offer the same high standards of service and amenities while offering a unique/different experience.

The great thing about Couples is if you do try a different resort and find you are not happy all you need to do is speak with management. They will be very happy to transfer you to another Couples resort if they have availability!

We did CTI in Nove 2010, this time around we were looking for a less private more beach atmosphere and are headed to CSA in Spetember. I cannot wait to see what CSA holds! We both loved CTI mostly we wanted a bigger beach!!

Hey there we too tried CN and plan to do a day trip to CSS this year but CTI for all the reasons you listed is just entirely too speical to not return. Maybe we will see you there in a few short weeks...arriving 7/21/12. Like you I missed the sound of the ocean while at CN although everything was wonderful. I'm most excited about bringin first timers with us this year...I am giddy every year returning and can remember so well the awe of it all on trip one.
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Quote Originally Posted by clkbjk View Post
    We have been to CSS multiple times (at least 6 visits including our wedding in 2004), CN once and this July will make our 3rd trip to CTI. Our most recent stays have been to CTI and I think CTI is becoming our favorite. Some people downplay it, say it is too hotel-like---I have to say that is not a deterrence by any means to us. We love the fact that it is built just yards away from the ocean, that most rooms have an ocean view, literally right on the ocean views. I love waking up and seeing the sea, having coffee on the balcony watching the ocean, I love having drinks on the balcony in the evening, listening to the waves. At CSS we have had wonderful ocean views, but you are away from the ocean- either on the cliff side or off the main beach (calm bay) and far enough back that I have never heard the waves from my balcony. That was our experience at CN as well, we could see but not hear the ocean. I like the fact that CTI is compact, you are never far from a bar, a restaurant, a pool, a beach- yes it is smaller, but the grounds are just as gorgeous, lush vegetation, beautiful flowers, friendly parrots (like Crackers at CSS!!!) We also love the history of CTI- the fascinating people that have visited the resort in by gone days- love seeing the old photos of Hollywood glamour-----and the art deco feel of the main building, while the rooms retain the tropical feeling. Add the incredible staff, the wonderful food, free flowing drinks, fun entertainment, the pools, the beach, the island, the excursions....we just love it there! Can't wait to be back- in 27 more days!!!!
    Ditto for us! We will be there tomorrow.