Default BEST first expirience EVER!

My husband and I went to CTI for our honeymoon 6/20-6/25 and the best way for me to explain it is: A for AWESOME. We had the best time ever and enjoyed every aspect of the resort. The staff at the Couples lounge at the airport set the tone for our entire trip, after traveling all the way from Kansas and going through customs we were directed to the lounge and immediately greeted by a gentleman who took our bags for us. We were served a cold beer and a soft drink (the beer for me, the soft drink for my husband) and had a short wait for our shuttle. The shuttle driver was fun and entertaining.

I cannot express enough how great the entire staff is. Upon arriving to the resort we were greeted with a warm welcome, a cold beverage and an easy check-in. The immediate view of the ocean and the island was amazing; we've never seen anything like it before. We had arrived just after lunch was finished in the main restaurant, so we went to the pool grill and enjoyed some jerk chicken and a jerk burger; that was just the beginning of all the wonderful food we would enjoy. We had a deluxe ocean view room which was clean, spacious and comfortable with a great view of the ocean and facing west so we were able to enjoy the sunset from our balcony. I won't go in to every detail of our entire trip, but we enjoyed everything we did including snorkeling, sailing, our complimentary 30 minute couples massage, the private salsa dance lesson with Janice (we were the only couple that showed up), the catamaran cruise, some time on the island (our first AN experience) and just simply lying out on the beach. Again, all of the activities and relaxing time would not have been so enjoyable without such great service by such great people.

We enjoyed the Verandah restaurant our first two nights, then had a reservation on Eight Rivers, we enjoyed the international buffet on Saturday, and finished our trip with a reservation at Bayside. Every night we enjoyed our dinner and the service that accompanied it; although Bayside was my favorite, the duck with the yellow curry sauce was divine. The veggie bar was great for an afternoon snack by the beach or pool. And the limitless drinks/cocktails were icing on the cake.

Prior to our arrival I was watching the forecast and it showed showers each day, so, I expected it to rain for a short period around the same time each day, as I am aware of tropical weather operates during the summer. But, miraculously by the grace of God, it did not rain one time, so I was able soak up all the sun I could possibly want (my golden tan has gotten many compliments since being home). We enjoyed our last night by walking out on the dock and enjoying the sunset, a pre dinner cocktail from the Piano Bar, enjoying that cocktail on the terrace listening to a saxophonist playing out on the dock. We then went up to the roof top where they were hosting a martini bar and a DJ playing nothing but love songs, we were even able to enjoy some slow dancing and requested our wedding song...it was spectacular.

The one thing I did not enjoy: our trip wasnt longer and having to leave. We will forever remember our first experience and how wonderful the staff helped us enjoy each other on our honeymoon. We are already planning our return for an anniversary trip!

Great review!!!!

Glad you had such a great time! We also honeymooned at CTI in 2010, and immediately came home and began planning how to afford our next trip

Glad you had such a wonderful time! Isn't it amazing how Couples hooks you into needing another trip as soon as you can manage it?

That's a great review. I can see you smiling, I can feel your excitement and I definitely understand your satisfaction and enjoyment at the resort.
    We were exactly the same way on our first visit back in 1995. It changed our lives forever. This coming November will be our 34 visit to our tropical splendor. And the smiles are still there. The excitement is still exciting. And we continue to return for all the reasons you so eloquently stated.
    I hope you will find a way to continue to go back home. Believe me, it just keeps getting better.

Congratulations on your new path together. Much happiness.

Richie

Yes, we are very excited to plan for our return trip. I just can't decide if we want to try CSS or stay with CTI. CSS doesn't look like it has as many restaurants as CTI and the food was one of our favorite things. I know we could go to CSS on a day pass but will that really allow us to experience what it has to offer?