Default Has anyone eaten at lobster dave's???

I found on the message board that we should try the lobster at lobster dave's while staying in CTI . Has anyone been there? is it far from CTI? Was it safe? When I stayed at negril we walked on the beach to office of nature for lobster and it was GREAT. To this day we still talk about it. Please give feed back. Thanks
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 29th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners

Rcgoofy68,
    Lobster Daves is great and well worth it will visit Dave and his crew again!! Located @fishermens beach in ochi if your familiar it is by magaritaville.

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, April 2014

Hello,
    My hubby and I ate at Lobster Dave's last July on the recommendation of Jeffmon! It was AWESOME!!!! The lobster was fresh and yummy as was the fried fish, bammy and festival. It is very popular, when we were there most of the Ochi police force showed up for lunch. Dave and his sister take great care of you. Just make sure you agree to the price of your meal is agreed to up front so there are no surprises. We had Guest Services order a taxi for us to take us to Lobster Daves, so it was very easy. The driver gave us her card and we called her after we finished eating to go back to the resort.

You may also want to take a taxi over to Scotchies for some excellent jerk chicken and pork and sausage!

You should do a search of Jeffmon's posts for Lobster Dave's he has some great pictures to share.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

How close is Lobster Dave's to CSS?

KBAM,
    Lobster Dave's is at Fisherman's Beach--and is right next door to Margaritaville. It is perhaps a 10 minute taxi ride from CSS--a very short trip.

Have a great vacation!
    suzyQ

Hi suzyQ, how much was the cab ride? I'm staying at CTI...
    Ralph <3 Karla

Forgot to mention how far was scotchies? what was the cost of the cab there? The food looks great!
    Ralph <3 Karla

Default Review - Lobster Dave's - Part 1

It is a definite must go!!!

Sorry for the long winded review below but as you will see, we really love this place.

It is very easy to get to Lobster Dave's and is only about 5-10 minutes from CSS. The food is great and it is is a great way to experience a little bit of the local culture. We have been going for the past 4 years to have lunch on our anniversary. It's great to see Dave, his sister-in-law Kimberly and Dave's son and to visit with them about the past year and what has been going on in their lives. They are truly great people!

We usually have another couple or two wanting to go with us and we will split the cost of a taxi among us. The front desk will arrange a taxi for you that will take you there when every you are ready. There is no need to make reservations with the front desk for this as there is usually a taxi already on site.

We tell that taxi driver to just drop us off at the Island Village Shopping Center and to pick us up there also. That way when we finish eating we can also get little shopping done. The taxi drivers will usually give us their cell phone number so that we can call them if we are ready to leave early. Just tell Dave and he will call them for you using his cell phone. Plan on spending at least two hours so that you are not rushed, three hours if you plan on doing some shopping. I would recommend doing your shopping after you eat so that you don't have to carry your bags over to Dave's. Kimberly, over at Dave's will have some really good necklaces and wood carvings that are worth checking out. I have, and still wear a lot, a necklace that I bought from her in 2008. They hold up really well. She can also lengthen or shorten any to the length you desire.

As for getting to Lobster Dave's, when they drop you off at Island Village, just go to Margaritaville and through to the beach area. Go around the fence on the left and Lobster Dave's is just around the corner behind the fence. There will be locals about and just tell them your going to Dave's and they will be happy to point you to it. I have included a map below to better show how to get there. It's really easy.

Here is a photo of the wall you need to go around at Margarittaville.

When you go around this wall there will be locals wanting to sell you there necklaces and what not, just be polite and say you are going to Lobster Dave's. They will be like, " Yeah mon! Dave's is this way."

We usually allow about three hours to have plenty of time to eat, hang out and do some shopping at Island Village Shopping Center. Here is a couple of more photos and a link to my video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyH7XksUhsg

Lobster Plate

Escovitch Fish

Tell Dave, Jeff & Mandy sent ya. We've got a few photos of us on his wall.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Default Review - Lobster Dave's - Part 2

Here are some more photos from our last four years of eating at Lobster Dave's. Enjoy.

Dave's main sign in front (opposite side from the beach where you enter)

Bar area in Dave's (run by someone else)

Lobster Dave's July 2010
    with: Jeffmon & Mandy, Dandes (David & Erin), and Jed (John & Heidi)

Jeff & Mandy with Dave
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Default Review - Lobster Dave's - Part 3

Here are some more photos from our last four years of eating at Lobster Dave's. Enjoy.

Bread Fruit & Festival

Lobster Plate

Dave's sister-in-law, Kimberly w/ Jeff & Mandy and our hand carved turtle.

Tons of food laid out for us in 2009
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Quote Originally Posted by KBAM View Post
    How close is Lobster Dave's to CSS?
    It's only a short 5-10 min taxi ride from CSS.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

About 10 minutes by taxi!

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, April 2014

Hi rcgoofy68,
    CTI and CSS aren't that far apart--maybe 10 minutes tops! Unfortunately, I can't remember how much the taxi was; however, we will be going to CSS in July and will be going to Lobster Dave's again and I will post to let you know how much the taxi ride cost.

As for Scotchies, it's a further drive than Lobster Dave's but well worth the taxi fare! The jerk is awesome! The prices are reasonable and the portions are good too! They have some very spicy hot sauce that is delicious!!! Don't forget to buy a couple of Red Stripes to go with your meal!

suzyQ

We plan on trying Scotchies this year too, in addition to Lobster Dave's for our anniversary.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Silly question... I'd love to try Dave's especially since this is our first trip back to Jamaica when lobster is actually in season! However, my hubby is not a seafood person. Do they have anything to eat there that is not from the ocean? If not, he'll just have to deal with it! Or maybe he'll learn to like lobster since it's so good there! LOL

What an awesome experience eating at Lobster Dave's was! Jim and I highly recommend it. We Were so lucky and got to join Jeffmon and his wife and their friends for lunch there yesterday. Great food, new friends how much better can it get?

We had a very different experience at Lobster Dave's and it was not good. I wrote a long description of it, but apparently the moderator does not want to post it. If they let this one go through, I also posted my full review on Trip Advisor. Just search for "Dave's Lobster in Ocho Rios" and my review is under GatorGirl352.