Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How did you spend your resort credit?

Hi All!

We will be arriving in 9 days and are talking/thinking about what we would like to spend our resort credit on. I totally want to do the couples massage but was wondering what others did with theirs.

SOOOO excited!!!

Allie & Adam

we used ours on massages, and also used some for the professional photos taken during our visit, souveniers(photo books) from the gift shop.

the spa eats them up fast. LOL

Rum cream, t-shirts, sandals, photos, a couples palm tree charm and snacks from the gift shop.

Depends on what you like. We burn through ours on massages for her and gift shop for me (take-home booze and food stuff). Some people like the private dinners, others like the professional photographs.

Hi almostemptynesters!
    Hubby and I became empty nesters 2 years ago and it is amazing!!!! You have time to take a deep breath and rediscover the love that brought you together to make those children and Couples is such and awesome place to reconnect with the one you love!!!!!

Now about those credits--here's what we used them for: we purchased a Romance Package -- Forever Yours that included flowers and sparkling wine on arrival, private dinner and spa and gift shop credits for $289, and we purchased tickets for the Mobay Lounge so we could chill there while waiting for our flight back to reality for $60, and then we ordered a REALLY nice bottle of champagne our last night and also shopped for coffee in the gift shop! So there are plenty of fun ways to use those credits!!!!

Have a great trip!!!!!:-)
    suzyQ

We love our resort credits. We use them to buy our coffee (we buy lots), some rum, jamaican spices, Tshirts, coverups and souvenirs. The stores have a great selection and lots to choose from.

We stayed at CSS. The hubby doesn't like massages but I got the bamboo fusion, also we spent the rest at the gift shop, he got a Couples robe, I got a pearl necklace and a dress. Also we bought two twisted palms mugs, coffee and gifts for the kids and grand kids. We actually spent 17.00 in cash over our credit. Believe it or not it was kinda hard to spend but a lot of fun? Next year I am adding to the twisted palms collection!

Last year I got a facial, necklace, bracelet for myself, another necklace for our son's girlfriend, a hat for our son, a Tshirts for the other son & two sundresses for me. THEN the hubby bought cigars & bracelet for himself. Oh & I got a mani & pedi.

Coffee and rum YUm!

We've used ours for couples massages, candlelight dinners and items to take home from the gift shop. Enjoy spending yours!

Bart & Bug

Wow thanks y'all!! Lot's of good ideas!

Zaraforty is right "the spa eats them up fast" We got the $300 credit and if we did the massage, that's where most of the money will go. I love the idea of buying gifts for the family and of course he twisted palms coffee mugs!

Thanks for the ideas!

8 Days!!!

Thanks so much SuzyQ! We will be empty nesters in 3 years! We so need this vacation! We are calling it our vacationmoon. Since it's like the honeymoon we've never had. We've been on cruises before but that was with family. This will be the first with just us two. so excited! 8 more days!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi almostemptynesters!
    Hubby and I became empty nesters 2 years ago and it is amazing!!!! You have time to take a deep breath and rediscover the love that brought you together to make those children and Couples is such and awesome place to reconnect with the one you love!!!!!

Now about those credits--here's what we used them for: we purchased a Romance Package -- Forever Yours that included flowers and sparkling wine on arrival, private dinner and spa and gift shop credits for $289, and we purchased tickets for the Mobay Lounge so we could chill there while waiting for our flight back to reality for $60, and then we ordered a REALLY nice bottle of champagne our last night and also shopped for coffee in the gift shop! So there are plenty of fun ways to use those credits!!!!

Have a great trip!!!!!:-)
    suzyQ
    We will be repeaters for the first time at CTI in October and planned to buy Mobay Lounge tickets at the resort. Can we buy them with our resort credit?

The spa and gift shop got most of our credits last time, but I want to spend some on pictures the next time we go.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    ...here's what we used them for: we purchased a Romance Package -- Forever Yours that included flowers and sparkling wine on arrival, private dinner and spa and gift shop credits for $289...
    We did one of the Romance Packages a few years ago and I had kinda forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me suzyQ!

When I went looking for them on the Couples website, I had a hard time finding them listed. I really had to dig the site for them. They are under Weddings & Honeymoons. Here is the direct link for anyone else wanting information about the Romance Packages.

http://couples.com/wedding/enhanceme...ic-touches.php
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We are planning to upgrade our 1/2 hr massage (included in our vow renewal package) to a full hour. We will use some to buy extra champagne for the wedding. And then, spend the rest at the gift shop - rum, coffee, stuff for the kids, etc. Oh, and we almost always need to buy another bottle of sunscreen (they often cost around $17). lol

SO fun to have resort credit, what an amazing extra from Couples for booking early and being a repeater!!

Loving all these ideas!

I didn't know that you could purchase the MoBay Lounge tickets with your resort credits. Can someone confirm/verify for me? We usually have a private dinner and I get a massage in the treehouse at CN. plus, last time we ordered professional pictures.

We plan on using ours to renew our vows and have a fab bottle of champagne, and buy some photos

I did'nt know you could use resort credits for Club Mobay tickets since they are an outside vendor?

One of the things we did was use ours for professional photographs. The individual prints are expensive, but they have an option to order a CD with (I think) 100 images on it. I can't remember the price, but it was way less than what it would cost to order 100 prints (if I had to guess, I would say it was $250, but I wasn't paying too much attention since I knew we had credits to cover it). We decided early in the trip to use our credits to buy the CD, so in addition to arranging a sunset photo shoot one night (something I recommend that you do), we made an effort to engage the photographers throughout the resort whenever we saw them. We ended up with pictures on the beach, at the restaurants, and even at the fitness center. At the end of the week, we probably had more than 200 photos, and we spent at least an hour -- OK, probably more like two hours spread over our last two days -- narrowing it down to the 100 we wanted on the CD. We ended up with some great pictures, and since we have the CD, we can print whichever ones we want.

You cannot get tickets to Club MoBay with resort credits

Hot stone massage every second morning, a great way to kick start a day of relaxation

We use our credits at the spa and the gift shop. Mrs. dirtleg (new aka: sandyfoot) always buys some pieces of pottery or art in the gift shop and a piece of jewelry or two. This year we also bought some bottles of sauce for cooking back home. We used to buy coffee, but long story short we were not happy enough with our coffee results to justify the high price. (another thread has the story) Rum cream is just too much of a hassle to pack through customs and security on the flights back home, so that is out also. We bought some photos from the resort photog's this year and that eats it up pretty good too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast