Default Curious as to whether or not there is a new turtle at CSS?

Curious as to whether or not CSS has a new turtle? We have fond memories of many past visits and watching Charlie was always a highlight. We were so sad when she died....but we have many wonderful photos of her... Last time we were at CSS (in Dec'11) I don't recall a new turtle.....anyone know??

No, there is no "replacement" for Charlie. We miss her SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Hello,
    As far as I know, there isn't a new turtle. When we were home in December there wasn't a new turtle. We will be back as of July 18th and I will check and post an answer for you!

One Love,
    suzyQ

No . It's quite empty now, which i thought was very sad as like you , i enjoyed watching her swimming, but there are a ton of turtles at the pond

We were at CSS in April and no new turtle. While talking with Lesworth Johnson, in charge of grounds and also a game warden, he said that there are a lot of rules involved in keeping a turtle that make it difficult to obtain one. They are still trying to get one but no success yet.

Because that species of turtle is an endangered species, they do not allow you to capture one or even acquire one from aa Zoo. So they have not been able to replace her. They do have her shell displayed in a tasteful memorial
    She is missed by many

Thanks for the replies, I am not thrilled that Charlie's shell is on display (kind of get the same eerie feeling that I got when the vet sent me ink paw prints of my cat after she was put to sleep....:-( BUT I suppose that those that never met Charlie will find it a fascinating relic. Anyway, we do enjoy feeding the pond turtles, but just not the same.... Maybe some other wayward sea creature will find it's way into Charlie's old stomping grounds

It is my understanding that the way CSS came about having Charlie was that during a hurricane or bad storm, she was washed oin to the grotto where she lived and since is occurred naturally so to speak, she was allowed to stay there. At least that is what I heard. So unless another big storm washes a new on in there, they are not likely to ever get another.

I did see a turtle there in April

Quote Originally Posted by bracoman View Post
    I did see a turtle there in April
    They are speaking about the grotto area by the SPA and not the pond. There are always lots of turtles at the pond. Those turtles are not sea turtles.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013