Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69
  1. #26

    Default

    some of these replies are way too serious, As I said before, this is all in fun!!.. however, there is great hospitality in other regions of the world, but Jamaica will always be NUMBER ONE!

    So again and just in case Couples is reading this thread

    Hawaii or St Lucia would be 2 of my choices

    P.S. dank120,

    I started this as a poll question, but changed it because I knew people would have more to say, than just naming their destination of choice..

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mntruck View Post
    I would hate to see Couples go anywhere but Jamaica!!! We love the people there so much and that is what makes Couples what it is....... in my opinion!!!
    Ditto that! I would hate to see the brand diluted like other resorts that open in multiple locations and become cookie cutter images of each other. If it ain't broke...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default

    If they could build another CSA style resort with a small off-shore island AN beach. Maybe within a single flights' range from anywhere in the USA/Canada, that would be awesome.
    Maybe Mexico.

    Hawai'i could be good if on Lanai, Kuaui or the Big Island. Hawai'i is not known for AI's so there is definitely a niche to fill there.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin and Vickie View Post
    I had heard talk before that they would look to the Mediterranean as an area for expansion. How cool would that be!
    Very Cool!!

  5. #30

    Default

    Crabracer!
    Your ROCK! I totally agree! Keep Couples as it is in Jamaica! NO expansion needed!!! The staff make the resort, that you can't just pick up and re-create!

    One Love!
    suzyQ

  6. #31

    Default

    Although I feel that Couples and Jamaica go together so well in a perfect combination, and that it wouldn’t be the same without the Jamaican staff... I would love to have the adult only, full all-inclusive, with diving, friendly staff, great service and awesome food... AND be able to see other islands at the same time... so my vote is for...
    Couples Turks & Caicos (for the beach and diving)
    Couples Costa Rica (in the hot hot hot, and dry in the winter Guanacaste region for nature sightseeing)
    Couples Antiqua (for the beaches)
    Couples BVI (on Virgin Gorda? could use an AI)
    Couples Barbados (for sure for the beaches and the culture!)
    Couples St. Kitts (nice island, could use an AI)
    Couples Dominica (love that nature isle)
    Couples St. Maarten (culture!)
    Couples Maui (for the diving... and imagine an AI on Maui? - no cooking! yeah!)
    Couples Cuba (ok, Americans may not agree, but I think it would be nice)
    Couples British Columbia (Canada) I could use a closer getaway... LOL... but bring Jamaican weather and people please)

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokintoad View Post
    If they could build another CSA style resort with a small off-shore island AN beach. Maybe within a single flights' range from anywhere in the USA/Canada, that would be awesome.
    Maybe Mexico.

    Hawai'i could be good if on Lanai, Kuaui or the Big Island. Hawai'i is not known for AI's so there is definitely a niche to fill there.
    sounds good to me....and your right, Hawaii is definitely not known for AI's, so who better to start one than Couples..

    I doubt very seriously if the Couples Brand would become "cookie cutter" if they did expand..

    I am loving the comments with your destination choices!!!

    How does the saying go, "build it and they will come"!!

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrrrrrr View Post
    I say don't go anywhere else, just build a couple more in JA....maybe Port Antonio or somewhere on the cliffs! Can't imagine Couples not having that Jamaican vibe!
    Never thought about the Cliffs in Jamaica!! Not a bad idea! Couples on the Cliff! has a nice ring to it..

  9. #34

    Default

    We agree. A Couples in Port Antonio on the cliffs, maybe in a spot like the old Fern Hill Club Resort was several years ago would be great. Fantastic views, peaceful and great sandy bays to lounge around! Another paradise option!!!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiseandjames View Post
    Never thought about the Cliffs in Jamaica!! Not a bad idea! Couples on the Cliff! has a nice ring to it..

    Now that idea I really like!

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Although I feel that Couples and Jamaica go together so well in a perfect combination, and that it wouldn’t be the same without the Jamaican staff... I would love to have the adult only, full all-inclusive, with diving, friendly staff, great service and awesome food... AND be able to see other islands at the same time... so my vote is for...
    Couples Turks & Caicos (for the beach and diving)
    Couples Costa Rica (in the hot hot hot, and dry in the winter Guanacaste region for nature sightseeing)
    Couples Antiqua (for the beaches)
    Couples BVI (on Virgin Gorda? could use an AI)
    Couples Barbados (for sure for the beaches and the culture!)
    Couples St. Kitts (nice island, could use an AI)
    Couples Dominica (love that nature isle)
    Couples St. Maarten (culture!)
    Couples Maui (for the diving... and imagine an AI on Maui? - no cooking! yeah!)
    Couples Cuba (ok, Americans may not agree, but I think it would be nice)
    Couples British Columbia (Canada) I could use a closer getaway... LOL... but bring Jamaican weather and people please)
    WOW! Now thats what I call a list of destinations!! My favorites being Costa Rica or Maui!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I cannot even imagine the cost of an AI vacation in HI. We found it way too expensive for the experience and have zero interest in ever returning.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Is the one in St. Lucia that changed hands to Rendevous still there?

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    I cannot even imagine the cost of an AI vacation in HI. We found it way too expensive for the experience and have zero interest in ever returning.
    You are so right! I have heard from family members who vacationed in Hawaii recently, and how expensive it is..so an AI will certainly be a budget buster for sure..

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiseandjames View Post
    sounds good to me....and your right, Hawaii is definitely not known for AI's, so who better to start one than Couples..
    I'm not sure but I tend to think there are legal reasons why you don't see AI's in the US. I don't think there's one anywhere in the US. Does anyone know for sure?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I'd love a Couples in Costa Rica!

  17. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    I'm not sure but I tend to think there are legal reasons why you don't see AI's in the US. I don't think there's one anywhere in the US. Does anyone know for sure?
    Club Med has an AI in Florida.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

  18. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HCofty View Post
    I'd love a Couples in Costa Rica!
    I think a Couples in Costa Rica would be awesome, and I think many many who are loyal to Jamaica, would travel there too...I know I would

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    434

    Default

    There is one Club Med in Florida. The reason for the lack of AI resorts is labor cost, not laws, FYI.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    Is the one in St. Lucia that changed hands to Rendevous still there?
    Yes, its still there. Friends of ours were there in March and loved it. Since we like St Lucia, we plan to go there in Feb 2014 (for Feb 2013 we've booked a CN/CSA split).

  21. #46

    Default

    I would like to see Couples buy a island (like Disney did) and make it exclusively a couples resort.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I can't decide. Because I sit and actually think about what it would be like to have a Couples at one of these places. OK, so Mexico. That would mean the employees would be the locals in Mexico. Not liking that idea because (no offence) but they aren't as sweet in Mexico as they are in Jamaica. Hawaii, no way. It's in America so you wouldn't be able to partake. It would feel weird not being able to chill in the cool way while sitting on the beach at a Couples resort. OK, so I guess I'd pick Costa Rica (because it's awesome) although there seems to be a different vibe there also. It;s very adventurey so Couples would have to up their adventures, have like jungle treks, zip-lining, jungle hiking, etc. That would be cool.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bracoman View Post
    Costa Rica for us, but it needs a AN section
    Costa Rica would be my choice as well...but whereever they may expand to AN is a requirement for us.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeniper29 View Post
    I would like to see Couples buy a island (like Disney did) and make it exclusively a couples resort.
    I like that idea!! "Couples PI".....that has a nice ring to it!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Belize..... Please. I have been looking for a Couples like resort in Belize and can't seem to find one. All-inclusive in Belize is more like a B&B anywhere else. Some appear to be similiar but we just can't make that jump. Cost Rica would be my next pick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •