Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I agree with Dank120 to keep Couples in Jamaica. It would be nice to have it somewhere where the diving it better but we go to Cozumel 2-3 times a year for the diving. Couples Negril is our once a year vacation to be pampered and wow it has free diving too. Can't beat that.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Wow, lots of votes for Costa Rica! We were just there in Jan. There aren't many AIs but we stayed in one that even had an adult area and adult only pool. Jan. is smack in the middle of the dry season in that area, so it was sunny, dry and VERY HOT (no trade winds). But if you go in rainy season it's still hot and you can get a LOT of rain.
    It is a fabulous country, with friendly people, lots of nature and wildlife, but... it just doesn't even come close to Negril for the beaches. On the Pacific side the sand isn't soft and white and the water isn't turquoise. There were jellies in the water, and the sand was volcanic dark, so for the first time ever we spent all our resort time in and around the pool.
    We've been to a lot of places, and they are all great in their own ways, but no where does it all come together like Jamaica (beach, sand, water, people, music, vibe). I'm just glad Couples is there!

It's the Jamacian People that makes Couples what it is! Just ask the Sandals management, they wish they never left the island!

Mexico, especially Cozumel, because they are rumored to have the best snorkeling. Or any of the other Caribbean islands.

First, I would actually like to see them in MoBay. Second, I'd say the Bahamas. It's a very short flight for me and would be excellent for a long weekend trip. My husband and I have been talking about a short trip (3 or 4 nights) in November or December of this year, but with the timing of the flights and the length of the drive, a 3 night trip turns into just a little more than 2 full days at the resort. So, a resort in MoBay, where the airport is only 10-20 minutes away would be fantastic.

We had been considering a 4-night SR for my birthday (July), but ended up going to FL instead because we just felt like it wouldn't be enough time at the resort. Between flight delays due to summer thunderstorms, an hour and a half of driving, and Couples taking you back to the airport entirely too early (we arrived over 3 hours before our flight), we just didn't see this as enough time.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

I think Hawaii would be awesome, simply because "all-inclusive" barely exists there. Other than that, I'm happy to keep going to Jamaica.

Oooooh.... Isla Mujeres, Mexico... Whooohoooo!!!

Ive always wanted to visit Hawaii... If there were a Couples there, I'd check it out for my next vacation, without missing a step... It wouldnt need to be on the bigger island, can keep the serene vibe they already have, just want to see the scenery...

Quote Originally Posted by mntruck View Post
    I would hate to see Couples go anywhere but Jamaica!!! We love the people there so much and that is what makes Couples what it is....... in my opinion!!!
    I could not agree more. Couples would not be the same without the charm of the Jamaican people.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I could not agree more. Couples would not be the same without the charm of the Jamaican people.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by louiseandjames View Post
    . . . P.S. dank120,

I started this as a poll question, but changed it because I knew people would have more to say, than just naming their destination of choice..
    Dank120 is correct. Your question solicits opinions, so it is a poll. A trivia question would have a correct answer.
    Last edited by Pamela; August 11th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

In this economy, I think Branson, MO would be nice. It is a lot closer to home. However, I would definitely want the nude beach to be included and THAT would just not fly in Branson!!!!

None of them. I think it should stay in Jamaica.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Like it or not, I would not be surprised if within the next 5-10 years, Couples will expand.

I just don't think that they could capture the same vibe anywhere other then in Jamaica, they could try any other areas of the Caribbean and make it the same style as what they now offer, and I just don't think it would work. Why? They would not have the same fun loving people that Jamaica has. They are truly unique to Jamaica and in my humble opinion, that is what makes their resorts. I could see them adding a resort or 2 in other locations in Jamaica, but not anywhere else. But if they put one in the Bahamas I would check it out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    I just don't think that they could capture the same vibe anywhere other then in Jamaica, they could try any other areas of the Caribbean and make it the same style as what they now offer, and I just don't think it would work. Why? They would not have the same fun loving people that Jamaica has. They are truly unique to Jamaica and in my humble opinion, that is what makes their resorts. I could see them adding a resort or 2 in other locations in Jamaica, but not anywhere else. But if they put one in the Bahamas I would check it out for sure.

I can't imagine that there are no other destinations with the same warm and friendly people and hospitality as Jamaica....We have encountered this in Mexico and the Bahamas..I think it really comes down to hiring the "right" people to work at your resort, hotel, restaurant, etc...Not all people in Jamaica, Mexico, Bahamas and other places are friendly...The same holds true for people where you live, I live, and other locations..However, there are people who are just geniunely nice, caring, friendly, upbeat, in other words they have the right personality and attitude to work in customer service..

The Couples Resorts/Brand, know what sets them stand apart from many other resorts, and I am sure if they were to open a new resort in a different location, one of their top priorities would be, hiring the "right" people..

There are "Fun, Loving" people in many many destinations, that are yet to be discovered.

I had to find and reserect this thread... It was intended as some fun... but WHO KNEW!!!!
    I am the only one who said Couples Barbados... and now it's reality. Did I call it, or what? (ok, and a few other ideas, but still...) Happy dance....
    Do I win a prize? How about a free night?

What I like about Couples Resorts is that they are not a HUGE corporation with so many locations. I think the smaller the company the better. I wouldn't mind seeing them expand to a FEW more places but not get huge and wind up paying more for less.

I would love to see a Couples Port Antonio or Couples on the Cliffs! Outside of Jamaica I like the private island idea! Or maybe Couples Exuma!

To the poster who asked about legal reasons there are no AIs in Hawaii, I actually think it has to do with taxes. At least that's what I read somewhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3