My fiance' and I are getting married in May 2013, and we just booked our honeymoon to CTI for a week! this is our first experience doing an all inclusive resort. We usually do cruises and enjoy them so much! But for our honeymoon we wanted to do something we have never done before, and something a little more romantic and relaxing.
I know what all the all inclusive includes, but im asking you all to give me some tips, and MUST DO'S while we are there for the week.
We are staying in a Deluxe Ocean Room ( i know it says honeymoon-ers are subject to room upgrade if its available... is this always true?)
Just looking for some pointers, like i have said we have never done a resort we always cruise so im looking forward to this honeymoon more than anything
. . . i know it says honeymoon-ers are subject to room upgrade if its available... is this always true?) . . .
I don't recall a free room upgrade being a honeymoon perk. According to the information on this web site, honeymooners receive "a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and a 25 minute couples massage in our spa."
I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).
Just got back from our Honeymoon at CTI last week! You won't be dissapointed. My advice would be to do as much as you want or as little as you want. Enjoy just lying on the beach!
We decided to do a lazy day our first day there; lounging on the beach and exploring the resort. The second day we snorkled and sailed...both fun activities that aren't huge commitments of times, so we still had plenty of sun to lay out some more!
Our third day was the "busy day", which meant we woke up early (8am) to make the Dunns River Falls excursion. So worth it! I woud encourage everyone to do this. You are literally climbing up the rocks of the waterfalls! Adrenaline rush and so much fun! We were back at the resort before noon. That afternoon we did the catamaran cruise, which was much more relaxed fun! I am so glad we decided to do this, since we were on the fence about it. It's a great way to really be out on the water, enjoying rum punch, and socializing with the other (super friendly) guests. They take you to a cove where you swin in the clearest, most diamond-bright water I have ever seen! Also a must-do!
Make reservations for the two restaurants that require them (Bayside and Eight Rivers) when you check in. You will definitely want to experience both places and they make for romantic evenings.
Anything you do is going to be great and so memorable for the special time, so just go with it! The great thing is that most activities (except for the catamaran, which you need to book right when you get there), can be spontaneous and you don't have to sign up for days in advance! And it probably seems like it is forever away, but it will be here before you know it! Congrats
Don't think it's true about the room upgrade but you get a 25 minute massage and a bottle of sparkling wine. You must be within 30 days of your wedding. You must bring proof of your wedding like an invitation. Congratulations you will have a blast.
There are honeymoon packages for purchase on this site if you want to make it extra special. Have fun!
First off - congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! You have picked a great place to honeymoon and you won't regret it!
Second - I have cruised a few times in the past (mostly with the children) and I can tell you that you will LOVE staying at an AI resort. Like cruising you don't need to bring your wallet everywhere, there is plenty to do/see, and you get to know the other people traveling with you. What I like about Couples is that it's not crowded like cruise ships, you aren't being "shuffled around" (Like the experience we had on Carnival), and there are no kids . Being at Couples really allows you the opportunity to relax and reconnect with one another. (And - there's no sea sickness. I like that part too!)
Here are a few Must Do's that you should check out!
1. Now is the time to try something new! Learn how to sail the Hobie Cat's, take out a beach trike, do the 1/2 day scuba resort course. Do one thing you have never done and do it together. It's a memory that you will cherish. And who knows? You may find a new activity that becomes your passion! After my husband and I went scuba diving at CTI for the first time we were hooked! We are now certified and dive all over.
2. Try new food/drinks. Pick one thing on the menu every day that you have never had before. You may be surprised at what you end up liking! I never had escargot until I tried it at CTI. Same goes for the drinks. Try a dirty banana. Try a hummingbird! Get two straws and do a Bob Marley!
3. If you are even considering going to Tower Island - do it on your first full day. Get up early in the morning, have a mimosa or bloody mary, and be one of the first ones over on the boat. Pick a lounge chair and get comfortable. For the first few hours, you may feel strange. But soon enough you'll be completely comfortable and it will be a non-issue. On our first trip to CTI, I had read to not wait until the last day to try it. I am certainly glad that I took that advice. We went and loved it! We are now on trip #4 and it's the island that continues to draw us to CTI.
4. Do something special. Have a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach. Have a his/hers massage. Do something that's not "included" to spoil yourselves!
5. See the country and culture. Climb Dunns River Falls or go on the shopping excursion. Do one thing that takes you off the resort and allows you to get a feel for Jamaica's incredible country and people.
Go, relax, and have fun!
Last edited by fltwinmom; July 5th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
thanks everyone! I am very much looking forward to this for sure! Im up for trying new things !!
question, the catamaran cruise? I notice its not on the "included" for CTI anyone remember the price?
How is margaritaville excursion?
Doing cruises we always do excursion outside of the ship if the reviews are good, is non resort excursions safe? Just asking because i know some places are better than others. We were looking at an ATV excursion that would seem fun but deff do not want to put ourselves in danger!
We honeymooned many years ago at CTI and have been back home several times since.
CTI is what you make of it. My main advice is to relax, both mentally and physically. Let your guard down. Open up to new experiences. Secondly, be nice to the staff and they will make your stay one you won't forget. Last, don't be shy - most people at CTI are relaxed and you can make some friend there.
Remember that everything you eat is included - and you are not limited. So if you've never tried asian fusion before, try it out. If you don't like it, go to dinner somewhere else. Yes, you can potentially eat (schedule permitting) at multiple restaurants or the buffet. If you've never had a Bob Marley shot, try it out. You don't have to finish it and you can get another drink. If you really like a dish, ask your waitress if you can have more - can't guarantee it, but they do try to go out of their way (if you are nice to them).
If you've never snorkled, try it out, its included. If you've never sunbathed nude, try it out, you can do it fairly privately. Always wanted to try water skiing, its included! Ever wonder what Yoga is? I think you get the point.
Take your time, slow down, breathe. Enjoy each other.
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! You will love CTI. We were married there almost 6 years ago, and got to go back for the remodel last October. I just read the Catamaran is going away in August (BOO!!!!). That was one of our favorites. Definitely go to Dunns River Falls!!! I'm a shopper, so always make sure to make a shopping trip. We looked at the ATV outing last year, but were too lazy to leave the resort but will probably book the excursion next trip.
How long are you staying? I would recommend not filling up your days too much - you will find yourself enjoying the beach or swim-up bar and wanting to just relax.