Thread: dress code

Hybrid View

Default dress code

Hi could someone define what is meant by resort chic? the other dress codes seem to be fairly clear but that one is subject to interpertation.

hi no one has answered me yet. the dress code"reseort chic" was mentioned for one of the dining places at cti. perhaps randymon has answer

Resort chic

Everyone should opt for light neutrals paired with bright, sunny colors. Khaki, shades of white and ivory with seafoam, orange, bright pink and yellow all look lovely when near water, which is usually where resort chic wear is required.

Lightweight, breathable fabrics are what you want. Cotton and linen are clear winners, and women can also wear jersey fabrics.

Women can wear maxi dresses in a bright shade, or a printed sundress. Kick up the glam factor with gold jewelry such as large cuffs or a big cocktail ring, which gives even a simple cotton dress a polished look. Shoes shouldn't be fussy, so go for a wedge or flat sandal.

For Men, a relaxed or tropical button-up paired with rolled-up trousers, linen pants or dress shorts play out well in any resort chic setting. For footwear, opt for a boat shoe or loafer, and if you're on the beach, a leather flip-flop is a nice balance.

Read more: What is Resort Chic Wear? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_4969487_wh...#ixzz1zqa0bo2X

Read more: What is Resort Chic Wear? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_4969487_wh...#ixzz1zqZskgjy

Quote Originally Posted by k&e View Post
    hi no one has answered me yet. the dress code"reseort chic" was mentioned for one of the dining places at cti. perhaps randymon has answer
    We Brits would call it Dress and Sandals for Ladies and smart shirt with collar and long pants for men

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    We Brits would call it Dress and Sandals for Ladies and smart shirt with collar and long pants for men
    thanks to all who answered. your advice is extremly helpful for us newbies

Hello. It takes sometimes a day or two to get a response from the message board monitors. They will respond with the answer you are looking for

Have a wonderful vacation!

Search the message board. This has been covered quite extensively, many times, most recently in a post by Randymon.

Basically they are saying you should wear something that would be appropriate at a nice resort. So no jeans, shorts, flip-flops or tennis shoes. Men should wear a nice pair of linen or dress pants and a collared shirt (short-sleeved would even be fine) and any closed-toed shoe (besides tennis shoes) would be acceptable. If they want to dress a little nicer (ie. jacket) that's fine, too, but Jamaica is warm so it's not typical. Women can wear a simple dress and sandals or even nice capri pants and a pretty top would be fine, too. They just want people to put some effort into it and not show up in the same clothes they wore by the pool all day!

If you wear what you would wear on a nice romantic evening out with your love you wont go wrong. A few steps above an applebees ( food is way better) and just under suit and tie, unless you want.

It states Resort Chic for Bayside and the Verandah. At both of these restaurants men can wear nice shorts and shirts. My hubby would wear what he might wear golfing--shorts, polo and then for shoes he wore boat shoes. He would also do the shorts with a tropical print shirt with the boat shoes. Men can wear a nice sandal to either of those restaurants. Only for 8 Rivers, which is resort elegant, does he need to wear long pants, closed shoes and collared shirt. He can wear a linen pant or docker style pant. My hubby wore dockers and tropical print shirt or golf polo.

For me, it was a nice sundress for dinners except one night at the Verandah, I wore a long white Bermuda with an organza flowy halter with just a little beading. I would wear sandals, but not beach flip flops, to the dinners.
    Vicky

imagine country club attire. Men in polo shirts or nice button down shirt and nice shorts or pants (as required for some restaurants) and ladies in nice sundresses or blouses and nice shorts or nice pants. No jeans or coverups.