Default Couples Swept Aways Sept 2012

My husband and I are getting ready for the honeymoon we never had in Negril, Jamaica at Couples Swept Away! We are very excited! For the most part, I think we will take advantage of the beautiful beach and the all inclusives that the resort offers. BUT, we would also like to know a little about off site activites as well! I'm VERY interested in swimming with the dolphins, I heard that maybe Dolphin's cove is a good place to go? Does anyone have any input? What is the price? We are also interested in zip-lining! Safari tours?

This will be our first vacation and are very nervous. Neither of us have ever flown or been out of the United States. SO any recommendations and tips would be very well appreciated! Even if they seem silly! I want to know EVERYTHING! And I want to be prepared! I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewlz View Post
    My husband and I are getting ready for the honeymoon we never had in Negril, Jamaica at Couples Swept Away! We are very excited! For the most part, I think we will take advantage of the beautiful beach and the all inclusives that the resort offers. BUT, we would also like to know a little about off site activites as well! I'm VERY interested in swimming with the dolphins, I heard that maybe Dolphin's cove is a good place to go? Does anyone have any input? What is the price? We are also interested in zip-lining! Safari tours?

This will be our first vacation and are very nervous. Neither of us have ever flown or been out of the United States. SO any recommendations and tips would be very well appreciated! Even if they seem silly! I want to know EVERYTHING! And I want to be prepared! I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback!
    My husband and I will also be at CSA in September for our honeymoon! We are going to spend one day off the resort sight-seeing. We're going to Blue Hole Mineral Springs and Floyd's Pelican Bar. For us, we wanted to do things that aren't so "touristy" - but I'm interested to hear the suggestions you get, as well!

Jewlz - congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon. I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions, but here are my top five since you have not flown or been out of the country before:

1) Make sure you have your passport now.
    2) The rule for carrying liquids onto a plane is 3:1:1 (three ounce bottles or less in a one-quart ziplok bag per person. You can check larger amounts of liquids in your checked bags.
    3) Pack a change of clothes for each of you plus a swim suit in your carryon. This way if your checked bags are delayed, you can still have fun until your bags show up.
    4) Carry a pen with you on the plane. You will need this to fill out immigration forms both going into Jamaica and coming back into the U.S.
    5) OK, this isn't plane related, but pack lots of swim suits. You will be living in them during the day and they do take awhile to dry out. I usually pack Woolite to give my suits a rinse, too.

Have fun!

Congrats! We'll be there Sept 16-23rd for our honeymoon as well. I have no advice....I just wanted to chime in!! Heehee....

Laura