Default A Couples Resort in Montego Bay?

I LOVE the Couples Resorts, but wish there was one near Montego Bay. The 2 hour ride to the resort can be a little tiring. Guess I'm just anxious to start our vacation. :- )
    Just wondering if there is anything in the pipeline for a Couples near Montego Bay.

Don't know about the pipeline, and not sure when you went last, but the trip to Negril is only an hour and 10 minutes. You could always take TimAir.

Yes, nothing more enjoyable than having the jets come over all day while you're on the beach.

It's only an hour and fifteen minutes to Negril.

I find MoBay much too urban for a beach vacation setting. I know several folks that like staying at MoBay resorts, but I like the more remote locations of the current Couples resorts. I know, they are hardly "remote" by definition, but they are far enough away from the city to feel isolated from the rest of the world, at least to us. For us the extra time required to reach our Couples home only makes it that much more rewarding a destination.

We enjoy the ride. We figure our vacation starts the second our plane takes off so the ride is just another part of the whole experience. Grab a beer, sit back, and wacth the land scape go by, you're all ready in paradise. 20 days

Quote Originally Posted by palbattle08 View Post
    I LOVE the Couples Resorts, but wish there was one near Montego Bay. The 2 hour ride to the resort can be a little tiring. Guess I'm just anxious to start our vacation. :- )
    Just wondering if there is anything in the pipeline for a Couples near Montego Bay.
    I personally like the long drive. It helps to build the anticipation of what lies ahead. Everyone bus ride is another adventuure especially if you have a defensive driver. ;-0

We'll take Negril or Ocho Rios, especially CSS, with a bit of a drive over MB every time! We enjoy the drive and consider it a chance to see more of Jamaica.

I found when we used to go to MoBay by day 3 or so we felt we should get out and see something and paid for a tour to do just that. I find the ride to the resort fulfills my need to get out and see the local color and saves me tour money :-) . Plus, it frees me up for an extra day of making sure the beer at the resort is cold.

when we first started going to Jamaica we stayed at Sandals Royal, very nice place but the huge planes almost land on top of you there. We then tried Negril and we loved it. The ride to Negril used to be around 3 hours before they fixed the road, we started taking TimAir. Now the ride can be anywhere from and hour to 2 hours depending upon your driver and traffic in Mobay. The ride to Ocho is about 2 hours and this depends upon the traffic and y0ur driver.

Couples did announce they were going to build or look at a new resort closer to Mobay but that was before the recession I think.

I dreaded the ride when I heard it was almost 2 hours, but it was actually quite enjoyable!!

Consider the ride 1_2 hours depending on which resort your first excursion. Ask lots of questions and take it all in:-)