Default I have a question about resort credit.

Me and my girl booked a trip for this september. We are already getting 300 resort credit but our shady travel agent told us before we booked about a additional 100 credit we could get but only after we booked, he said when we book, all you need is your booking number and and go to this website an some how could've gotten a additional 100 credit on top of the 300 credit we already have, well he was suppose to give us instructions on how to obtain that additional 100 but ever since April he has been stalling and giving us the run around. Was this guy lying all along just to get us to book? Is their a such thing as getting a additional 100 credit somewhere on the couples website?

This person also screwed us over on travel insurance, we made it clear we wanted travel insurance from the beginning, so when we finally booked the trip, I thought he included the insurance in the price he gave us but he didn't, so I asked him a few days later and he said he had to call to get the insurance, so like a week goes by and he hasn't text or called so I texted him and this idiot tells me "oh you guys had to purchase travel insurance the day you booked the vacation" that's something he should have known as a travel agent! And something he should have told us from the beginning! So now we have no travel insurance, and since both my parents are sick and anything can happen and my girls grandma is dying of cancer so it was important for us to get travel insurance.

Then he screws up again, this time with our flights, we ended up requesting a refund and found good non stop flights to Jamaica for only $700, his flights were over near $800 with 9 hr layover! He couldn't do better so we did it ourselves!

My next vacation, I will not be using a travel agent! I just hope everything goes well from now till September!

CSS here we come!

Not all travel agents are like this, that being said, not sure about the $100 extra unless it was through his booking engine. Good luck!
    Vicky

Just left CN. We had 300 credit too because we booked between certain times. They did not honor it at Cn and they are the ones who offered it. We even had the email they sent us. So with that said, even though it was nice, we wont be back. No one likes a liar. Even if it's set on a pretty island.

Where do you live. I always use Delta Vactations for package air/hotel and do it myself.

did you use an actual Travel Agent or someplace who have people that pose as travel agents?

We would not have a problem booking directly through Couples web site but they are about the only place we would ever book through directly. Using a Travel Agent is the only way to go with my past experiences. However like everything else in this world you need to make sure you have a GOOD and trusted TA! As you found out with this person there are just some people out there that will tell you what you want to hear just to make the sale.

As I always say, if you want something done right, do it yourself! g/l

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I believe you can still purchase travel insurance through an independent source like Access America.

There are travel agents and travel sellers. IMHO there are too many sellers and they can be dangerous to the consumer. We have been lucky and have 2 very good agents in all of our many travels.

I am wondering if the original guy was implying they would get $100 romance rewards credit. Just a thought. But you wouldn't get that on your first trip.

Carol and Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by New to CN View Post
    Just left CN. We had 300 credit too because we booked between certain times. They did not honor it at Cn and they are the ones who offered it. We even had the email they sent us. So with that said, even though it was nice, we wont be back. No one likes a liar. Even if it's set on a pretty island.
    I'd like to hear more about this. Did you book through couples, or a TA? Would they not let you use your resort credit at all, or just on certain things? (There are some exclusions to what the resort credit can be used on)

New to CN- I would certainly not let this drop. I strongly suggest you send correspondence to the main office to find out why you didn't get it.

Marc,
    The 100 dollar credit is only given after you sign up for romance rewards and reach the second tier (in other words you have to already have 7 nights under your belt)
    Your travel agent did not do their homework. Not all TA are like that.

Go and enjoy!
    Kelly

Did you speak with management? We had no problem using our $300 or our $200 Romance Rewards Credit. It took a couple days for it to show up on our account, but we still used as soon as we got there as everything is charged to the room and settled up at check out. As a matter of fact, at check out at CTI, Alicia told us we still had $15. Hubby said "that's okay, our bus is here." She said, "no go and spend it! You've got time." So I went and spent most at the gift shop and the bus didn't even leave me. Matter of fact, I had plenty of time. Sorry your experience was not a nice.
    Vicky

Why didn't you receive your $300 resort credits?

We used our credit at CN last year with no problems, and look forward to our $400 (early booking combined with romance rewards) this year. I'm shocked you had a problem and I'm sure Couples would fix it for you.

Just like any service, there are some excellent providers, and some crappy ones. We originally went to an agent who told us about Couples in the first place, and we've been going back to Couples ever since. Unfortunately for the agent, the next few years we had disappointing experiences when booking through them, so I started booking myself, and I've been much happier. I think an agent is great if you need advice, but if you know exactly what you want, you may be happier booking yourself.