Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Try listening to Chaka Demus and Pliers as they have some great songs. Terrific remake of Twist And Shout as well as classics like Murder She Wrote and Tease Me. I also have a few Buju Banton songs that pop into my head on a regular basis like Destiny and Not An Easy Road. Shaggy songs are also fun while sometimes naughty.

Thanks for posting the list... Although none of those songs were played on our cruise... Starting to think its a crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    Try listening to Chaka Demus and Pliers as they have some great songs. Terrific remake of Twist And Shout as well as classics like Murder She Wrote and Tease Me. I also have a few Buju Banton songs that pop into my head on a regular basis like Destiny and Not An Easy Road. Shaggy songs are also fun while sometimes naughty.
    I totally forgot about Chaka Demus. I used to love them. I wonder where my CD went?...
    Anyway... Love Bob of course. I walked down the sandy wedding aisle at CSA to Bob.
    We discovered who Beres Hammond is in BVI a couple years ago. We asked the lady at the restaurant who it was and it sounded like she said "Barry Salmon" So that's what we affectionately call him. I play his stuff when I'm relaxing in the sun and it takes me away....
    I'll have to check out some of these others. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by tjake View Post
    Thanks for posting the list... Although none of those songs were played on our cruise... Starting to think its a crap shoot.
    The group that does the one at CN has 2 CDs. This is the one they played on Thanksgiving Day in 2011 and 2010.

dank - my wife has an ap called Sound Hound that will sample music and tell you what it is (it's usually pretty good). It has to be a released song, not just someone playing a song. If you do the iPhone thing, you could use that app to identify the few songs you don't know. (I am not an iPhone person...whenever I ask my wife for information, I always ask "can you check that machine of yours?")

Default Island Song

...an awesome track off Zac Brown Band's new CD. Lyrics talk about "Bob" and Jamaica!

Here's another thought.... check out any of the numerous roots reggae podcasts on iTunes.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Here's the song list from the Nice Reggae CD on the Cat Cruise. There are a couple I couldn't identify.
    8) Lioness On The Rise – Queen Ifrica
    9) (Couldn’t Identify – “Why can’t we” is main lyric)
    10) (Couldn’t Identify – “”)
    14) Present Of Love - Javaughn
    15) (Couldn’t Identify, but “cassava” is the main lyric)
    16) Life – G Whizz
    Maybe you can find the songs by searching the riddim. The cruise CD's frequently put 2 or more songs covering the same riddim and the Queen Ifrica riddim (Automatic riddim, I believe) was covered by many, many artists. It is fairly distinctive so you'd recognize it right away.

Similarly you could check the Javaughn and G-Wizz riddims to see if they match #15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2