Hybrid View

Default CTI Questions - Catamaran Cruise

We just booked a SR and I got a confirmation e-mail from CTI. I was looking over the schedule of activities and I noticed the catamaran cruise is still listed as an activity. I was under the impression that this perk went away for CTI. Can anyone confirm this?

In our previous trips to CSA and CN, the catamaran cruise was our favorite part of the trips and went at least twice on both of those trips.

Of the 4 resorts, the one I was most hesitant about was CTI, but knowing my previous experience at the other 3 resorts, I'm sure we'll have a fantastic time... knowing we could do a catamaran cruise would ease my worries that much more!

Also, if we trade places and go to CSS for the day, does anyone know if we can get a massage at Charlie's spa? I LOVED their massage huts over the cliffs! By far the best place to relax and best massage I've ever had!

Lastly, does anyone know what night they do the repeaters dinner? Always fun to talk to those that call Couples home!

For CTI veterans, any additional recommendations?

Thanks!

We were there last October and they still had the catamaran. It looks like it's still listed on their activity schedule. I hope they didn't get rid of it - we love the catamaran cruise!

Repeaters dinner is Monday nights - the same as the beach party.

I can't remember about trading places, but since you're not technically a guest at CSS I don't think you can use the spa services? But I'm not 100% sure on that one.

You will love CTI! The Bayside is PHENOMENAL!!!

We stayed at CTI for our first (but not last!) trip to Jamaica at the end of May. We went on the catamaran cruise. Book it early to avoid missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by kurlie124 View Post
    We just booked a SR and I got a confirmation e-mail from CTI. I was looking over the schedule of activities and I noticed the catamaran cruise is still listed as an activity. I was under the impression that this perk went away for CTI. Can anyone confirm this? This goes away the first of August.

In our previous trips to CSA and CN, the catamaran cruise was our favorite part of the trips and went at least twice on both of those trips.

Of the 4 resorts, the one I was most hesitant about was CTI, but knowing my previous experience at the other 3 resorts, I'm sure we'll have a fantastic time... knowing we could do a catamaran cruise would ease my worries that much more!

Also, if we trade places and go to CSS for the day, does anyone know if we can get a massage at Charlie's spa? I LOVED their massage huts over the cliffs! By far the best place to relax and best massage I've ever had!During the day trip, you can't do anything that requires reservations. The spa at CTI is amazing, though. You can get a twighlight massage near the sea wall.

Lastly, does anyone know what night they do the repeaters dinner? Always fun to talk to those that call Couples home! Repeaters' dinner is Monday Night.

For CTI veterans, any additional recommendations? Go & enjoy! I had a seaweed wrap just last week and it was wonderful. I also had a facial, again amazing. Just relax and try not to compare the resort the other three. If you are feeling adventurous, head over to the island. Also, they do private dinners out there in the evening and yes, you are clothes.

Thanks!
    We just returned on Saturday and can't wait for next year.
    Vicky

Just found out that the CTI Repeaters dinner is on Mondays. We're looking forward to it!

Have been to CSA twice. We did the SR and found out we're going to CTI as well. When will you be there? We're going Sept. 22 - 29.

We really enjoy the catamaran cruise as well and hope it's still around!

Boo for the catamaran going away! That was one of our favorite activities.

We're going 2nd week of August. I called the resort and apparently the catamaran cruise is being discontinued on August 19th.

Also for other's reference, you can use the other spa at the other resort, but you're subject to the availability of that day.

Does anyone actually know WHY the Catamaran Cruise is not going to be offered anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany10 View Post
    Does anyone actually know WHY the Catamaran Cruise is not going to be offered anymore?
    From what I gather, Couples could not reach a financial agreement with the cat cruise organization. I find it upsetting that, even though Couples raised the prices again, the extra money I will be paying apparently isn't going towards keeping the popular inclusions that most of us enjoy, like horseback riding and cat cruises. Instead, our extra funds seem to be diverted towards marketing and to the less-used more expensive perks they promote like scuba-diving and wedding packages.

While we do love vacationing at Couples, it just feels like we are paying more for less.

Tiffany10 on other posts it was being discontinued because of the cost. The resort and couples could not come to a fair agreement. But, I think couples should have just found another vendor.