Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2nd guessing my choice

My fiance and I will be going to CTI next May for our honeymoon, but im starting to 2nd guess our choice in which couples resort to go to. Any positives for CTI would help, thanks. It looks great but so do the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by starslast4ever View Post
    Any positives for CTI would help, thanks.
    We're still waiting for a "negative" in 8 consecutive years. LOL

I think CTI is the perfect spot for a honeymoon, definitely eat at Bayside Restaurant- Amazing! I am so glad we went to CTI for our first couples visit, we really couldn't have asked for anything more. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful and the reno's are an amazing mix of modern and retro. I also relished the view upon exiting the bus onto the resort (you'll see what I mean when you get there) We were looking for an extremely romantic private vacaction and that is exactly what we got. My last suggestion- Try the Au Naturel Island, my partner was a little leery at first but settled in quickly after a bob Marley followed by a lemon drop shot, the island was where we socialized most LOL

You're right. They do all look great. And indeed, they are. Each resort has it's own vibes. The only thing that these four sisters have in common, is their name. Couples.
    I would like to tell you about some of the great things at CTI, but I'm afraid I would be just a bit biased. That's because, this coming November we will return for our 34 visit. That ought to tell you something right there.
    Don't second guess yourself. Go with your gut. There must have been something you saw when you finally made your decision to choose CTI. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Welcome to the Couples family. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Richie

We will be making our fifth trip this year to CTI. Haven't been to the other Couples locations but we love CTI. Staff is great. Food is unbelievable. Lots of things to do or you can just relax and enjoy.Congratulatons

Quote Originally Posted by JOEPRO View Post
    We will be making our fifth trip this year to CTI. Haven't been to the other Couples locations but we love CTI. Staff is great. Food is unbelievable. Lots of things to do or you can just relax and enjoy.Congratulatons
    We just made our reservation yesterday for our 2nd visit in two years and why????? CTI is initimate and has a beach where the waves come rolling in. So if you like to bob up and down in the water, CTI will give you that and since the resort is on a small platform, it is cozy, comfortable and private.
    The staff is what makes this place stand out from any other vacation spot that we have gone and the food is delicious, which you will get outstanding service, food and drinks at all Couples resorts.
    You will just have to go and experience for yourself the "vibe" that you get from CTI, but if you picked this because you were looking for a wide open beach that you walk out 50 yards, that you will not find at CTI.
    Before my first visit, I was leary after reading TA reports and MB reviews as well and I thought I did my research before making our choice and yet still I was wondering if I chose the wrong resort, but after experiencing CTI, I knew I had made the right decision.
    Don't worry about, just go and relax and have a GREAT time

We have been to CSS multiple times (at least 6 visits including our wedding in 2004), CN once and this July will make our 3rd trip to CTI. Our most recent stays have been to CTI and I think CTI is becoming our favorite. Some people downplay it, say it is too hotel-like---I have to say that is not a deterrence by any means to us. We love the fact that it is built just yards away from the ocean, that most rooms have an ocean view, literally right on the ocean views. I love waking up and seeing the sea, having coffee on the balcony watching the ocean, I love having drinks on the balcony in the evening, listening to the waves. At CSS we have had wonderful ocean views, but you are away from the ocean- either on the cliff side or off the main beach (calm bay) and far enough back that I have never heard the waves from my balcony. That was our experience at CN as well, we could see but not hear the ocean. I like the fact that CTI is compact, you are never far from a bar, a restaurant, a pool, a beach- yes it is smaller, but the grounds are just as gorgeous, lush vegetation, beautiful flowers, friendly parrots (like Crackers at CSS!!!) We also love the history of CTI- the fascinating people that have visited the resort in by gone days- love seeing the old photos of Hollywood glamour-----and the art deco feel of the main building, while the rooms retain the tropical feeling. Add the incredible staff, the wonderful food, free flowing drinks, fun entertainment, the pools, the beach, the island, the excursions....we just love it there! Can't wait to be back- in 27 more days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post

Don't second guess yourself. Go with your gut. There must have been something you saw when you finally made your decision to choose CTI. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

I'll have to agree with Richie on this one. Go with your gut. Look at photos. What speaks to you? For me, it was the island. Once I saw TI I knew I just had to visit. We visited CN during trip #3, and although it was very beautiful we just didn't consider it "home".

Crabracer (Richie) is right. Something got your attention just a little bit more than the other 3 resorts. I'll bet you did a lot of Couples surfing between resorts before deciding on CTI. Trust that you did your research before you picked. Your going to have a great time!
    Don

Why would you think there were any negatives? We've been to all the Couples Resorts and CTI was our first and our favorite. This year we'll be doing trips 11 and 12, to Couples. Both trips to CTI. CTI x8, CSS x2, CN x1, CSA x1.

We were married at CTI and back last year for our 5 year anniversary. Booking for next year soon! You will love CTI...it's amazing. Is there anything in particular you are worried about?

I just checked out YouTube. I've never been to Tower Isle but it looks awesome.

you will love it, we will be there in May 15-22 as well when are you going?? Sun fun and romance what else do you need??

starslast4ever I just read all the comments. I hope that was some reassurance for you. Trust me. You're going to love it.

You did NOT make a wrong choice. Just got back. Started 11 years ago. Go and enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    starslast4ever I just read all the comments. I hope that was some reassurance for you. Trust me. You're going to love it.

Yes reading them all has helped me a lot, I know we are going to have a great time. Thanks

We are going to be there May 19-26

See you there we are from Boston!! where r u guys from?

Quote Originally Posted by tm9243 View Post
    See you there we are from Boston!! where r u guys from?
    We are from, WI and IL

We just got back from trip #6 and have #7 booked. Something "called" to you from CTI, so go with your gut. If you have done your research, here and other sites, you will know what to expect. For example, there is not a huge long beach to take long walks on as the beach is in a private cove. But you will also know that the beach is private so there is not vendors and other guests from different resorts walking the beach. You will also know that most of the ocean rooms are almost directly above the beach. There are many things that keep pulling us back to CTI. We struck with the true AI'ness of the resort our first trip. Then we met people, other guests and staff, that we wanted to see again, then there is the amazing food. The list goes on and on. We aspire to Crabracers & Syl status at some time and be able to make 2 trips a year. If you have not already done so and are on facebook, ask to join the Couples Resorts page. I just posted my album from our most recent trip.
    Vicky

Hey, tm9243 We're in Medford.

ritchnsyl@comcast.net

Richie & Sylvia
    Crabracers

Hey Crabracer when are you going to CTI?

There is one HUGE negative.......you have to come home on the sad bus ;-(

We head back to CTI in 111 days. Then back again in November 2013 and the following April.

Many have said this and I think it's true. Your were drawn to that resort first for a reason. We were drawn to CSA then I started second guessing only to realize that same thing. I was very happy with my choice. I'm sure CTI will be perfect for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast