Thread: Tim Air

Default Tim Air

Has anyone flown Tim Air to Negril? My husband and I are planning on flying from MoBay to CSA. Their web site suggests you negotiate a cab fare prior to leaving the Negril airport for the resort. Looking for advice on what an honest cab fare is for that distance??

Quote Originally Posted by kgobble View Post
    Has anyone flown Tim Air to Negril? My husband and I are planning on flying from MoBay to CSA. Their web site suggests you negotiate a cab fare prior to leaving the Negril airport for the resort. Looking for advice on what an honest cab fare is for that distance??
    We flew Tim air last march was a fourteen minute flight wonderful beautiful views. We stayed at grand lido negril cab was five dollars us.

Kgobble,

Here is a review I put out on Tim Air. We are heading back to Couples Negril in the near future and again will take Tim Air. A lot of money, but it is so worth it to see the beautiful sights from the air and to get to the resort in 15 minutes. Nice to have that extra time laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. Here's one of my previous reviews on Tim Air.

We are set up to use Tim Air for the second time and we are looking forward to a quick trip to the resort. The first two trips to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. We didn't like the long shuttle and then the stop at a roadside snack place so others could get food and a beer( it was only about 20 minutes from the resort) It was nice to use the bathroom but, the 25 minute delay to our trip was frustrating.

Last year we used Tim Air for the first time. The company was wonderful and very good with me as I was a little nervous about going in the small plane. Our pilot, Curtis was so cool with me. The whole time during take off and getting up in the air, he keep talking to me making sure I was doing okay. As soon as we got into the air, all fears went away when I saw Jamaica from the air. It really is breathtaking and something everyone should try. You really do miss a lot of the scenery being on the ground. It is fantastic being to the resort in 15 minutes. There was a taxi waiting. Always clarify the cost before taking it. He only charge us $5.00 and then we gave him a small tip. The resort within walking distance but, I would suggest taking as a taxi as it is crazy on that road.

Tim Air treated us very well and I look forward to seeing our friends again. We do give the pilot a $20.00 tip. Make sure you set up the reservation so it gives you time to get through customs etc. I didn't set up the time right last year and they ended up waiting for us quit awhile. They never mentioned anything but, I felt bad. In the future, I'm planning on it taking about 1 hour to get through everything, a quick stop at couples lounge to check in and verify us using Timair. I gave a 15-20 minute window from the time we get to couples lounge, pay Tim Air and go through their small security check. Yes, plan to take the jewerly etc. off again before you get out to take their plan. They again are terrific. I would highly recommend taking Tim Air to the resort it is a lot of money but, so worth it. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

We used to take Tim Air to Negril before they fixed the road. It used to take about 2.5 hours to reach Negril before they paved the road. Now the bus can take anywhere from 1. 0 hours to 1.5 hrs depending upon traffic in Mobay and if you stop.

The flight on TimAir is only 15 minutes and you can only fly during the day because the strip in Negril has no lights or tower. It takes more than 15 minutes because you have to get from the Couples lounge to TimAir and sometimes you have to wait for other passengers if they do not want to take only (2) people and sometimes you have wait on a plane to return, it just depends.

We had to wait a good bit once on a trip from Mobay to Negril and the bus was only (5) minutes behind us.

We like to take TimAir back to Mobay so that we can stay at the resort a little longer. The cab fare is only about $5 because CN, GLN and H-II are right across the street from the strip, CSA is a few miles

TimAir is a very professional and safe operation. And as others have posted, the veiws are amazing! There is another option for air transfer and slightly cheaper. International Airlink, the run $204.oo RT per person, they operate slightly larger aircraft and may not experience "luggage issues"

Be sure to have a bathing suit with you as your lugage can be delayed due to weight and balance of the aircraft!

Default Thank you!!

It sounds like $5 is fair and reasonable cab fare and thanks for the advice on tipping the pilot! We're looking forward to our trip!

Quote Originally Posted by redsun View Post
    Kgobble,

Here is a review I put out on Tim Air. We are heading back to Couples Negril in the near future and again will take Tim Air. A lot of money, but it is so worth it to see the beautiful sights from the air and to get to the resort in 15 minutes. Nice to have that extra time laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. Here's one of my previous reviews on Tim Air.

We are set up to use Tim Air for the second time and we are looking forward to a quick trip to the resort. The first two trips to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. We didn't like the long shuttle and then the stop at a roadside snack place so others could get food and a beer( it was only about 20 minutes from the resort) It was nice to use the bathroom but, the 25 minute delay to our trip was frustrating.

Last year we used Tim Air for the first time. The company was wonderful and very good with me as I was a little nervous about going in the small plane. Our pilot, Curtis was so cool with me. The whole time during take off and getting up in the air, he keep talking to me making sure I was doing okay. As soon as we got into the air, all fears went away when I saw Jamaica from the air. It really is breathtaking and something everyone should try. You really do miss a lot of the scenery being on the ground. It is fantastic being to the resort in 15 minutes. There was a taxi waiting. Always clarify the cost before taking it. He only charge us $5.00 and then we gave him a small tip. The resort within walking distance but, I would suggest taking as a taxi as it is crazy on that road.

Tim Air treated us very well and I look forward to seeing our friends again. We do give the pilot a $20.00 tip. Make sure you set up the reservation so it gives you time to get through customs etc. I didn't set up the time right last year and they ended up waiting for us quit awhile. They never mentioned anything but, I felt bad. In the future, I'm planning on it taking about 1 hour to get through everything, a quick stop at couples lounge to check in and verify us using Timair. I gave a 15-20 minute window from the time we get to couples lounge, pay Tim Air and go through their small security check. Yes, plan to take the jewerly etc. off again before you get out to take their plan. They again are terrific. I would highly recommend taking Tim Air to the resort it is a lot of money but, so worth it. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

My wife and I used to take TimAir almost every trip, sometimes one way, sometimes both ways. That was back before the road to Negril was dramatically improved a few years back. I realize some can't imagine the drive to Negril being longer, bumpier, more winding, than they think it is now, but the difference is night and day. Today it tend to get to Negril in 75-90 pretty pleasant minutes on the buses they use now (with A/C) when it used to NEVER be less than 2 hours and was sometimes 3 in buses not nearly as comfortble as they are today. If you have not been going to Negril for a very long time you should for fun sometime while riding the bus to Negril ask the driver to point out where the old road used to go. It may surprise you.

Back to TimAir. Now that the ride is so much sh0rter we don't spend the money for TimAir compared to the bus ride we have already paid for in our package at Couples. However I heartily recommend that anyone who has never taken TimAir do it at least once! I is a breathtakingly beautiful flight if the weather is good. It can truly be a highlight of your entire trip! Do it at least once.

As for the cab it is a simple matter of making sure you and the cab driver agree on a price (for both of you) to CSA. The cabbies are used to this and are reasonable, but if you do not agree on a price before getting in you might be surprised how much they will charge you (once you can't look for a better deal). Just get a clear price before you get in. That's all. The price he gives you will likely not include whatever tip you decide to give.
    Cab fare to Couples Negril and the Breezes (former Lido) resort others above have mentioned is less than it will cost you to get to CSA which is another 10-15 minutes away than they are. You might expect $10 - $20 plus tip for that. Don't be afraid to politely but firmly negotiate.
    Have a great trip!
    Roy in VA

We have been flying TimAir to Negril for MANY years, not every trip but certainly when budget permits.

We do not enjoy the shuttle ride and really dislike the stop which IMO is a complete waste of time.

We fly to Negril and then use the included shuttle home, as there are no stops and the ride just is faster.

This trip we are trying International Air Link as it was a bit less expensive for the private flight.

If we don't fly we do opt for a private transfer so we do not have to wait at the airport, nor are we forced to stop before we get to the resort.

For us, it is worth the extra cost.

We took TimAir from Negril to MoBay in March, our first time doing so and it was awesome. Absolutely loved it and highly recommend it