Default Cameras on cat cruise CTI

Hello, the countdown to going to CTI is getting smaller. Getting so excited for this trip. I have a newbie question about taking my good camera on the cat cruise. Will it be safe if I leave it on the boat while we jump in the water? I don't want to miss any good photo opps, but I also don't want to risk the camera. What have you done? Thanks in advance

Susan CTI July 27-Aug 3

Only worry I'd have is its getting wet on deck. We've left cell phone and sunglasses on board while swimming - wrapped in a towel in a bag. The best solution though is a waterproof camera that you can use while swimming!

Quote Originally Posted by groundcru View Post
    Hello, the countdown to going to CTI is getting smaller. Getting so excited for this trip. I have a newbie question about taking my good camera on the cat cruise. Will it be safe if I leave it on the boat while we jump in the water? I don't want to miss any good photo opps, but I also don't want to risk the camera. What have you done? Thanks in advance

Susan CTI July 27-Aug 3
    I dont think it would be a problem...however...i would suggest instead buying a waterproof disposable camera this way you can bring it in the water with you...and not worry about getting the good camera wet. Our last trip...to CSA but im sure its same for CTI...the seas were turbulent and several times we hit waves causing big splashes of water on the boat. Several people had cameras that got soaked, and one of the workers cell phones was ruined.

Safe as in someone taking it or safe as in it falling overboard? The answer is who knows? We have always taken our camera with us and placed it in our bag when we are not using it. In our 25+ years of traveling we have never had anything taken.

With that said you never know who is around you and what their intentions are. DO I think anyone who is a Couples Guest, employee or contract employee would take anything? NO! But you never know.....

You can always purchase a disposable waterproof camera just for the Cat Cruise!

If the camera is of any value make sure you have it INSURED regardless your decision to take it on the cat Cruise or not.

There are also reasonably priced digital waterproof cameras that are great for a beach vacation. With regular cameras, you risk getting even speck of sand in the lens cover and it will not function right. My fiance's camera was broken this way, even keeping in a case when not in use and trying to be very careful. The same thing happened with my daughters camera on her honeymoon at CSA last week. Just a thought.......

I thought I read somewhere here that the Cat Cruise is no longer running at CTI?